The Perfect Stealth Plant: Wally Duck's "Ducksfoot"

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
There is a strain on the market at the moment called Ducksfoot. I have put up some images from the breeder to highlight how this is the perfect stealth plant. If you are not into overwhelming potency, this stealthy plant be just what you are after.

This first image clearly shows the ducksfoot webbing on the predominantly 3 leaf foliage.
75blades-med.jpg

This next image again shows the unusual and unique webbing on the leaves.

7adleafs-med.jpg

This images shows a clump of Ducksfoot, and to my eye it does not look like a stand of cannabis.

7new_year_ducks-med.jpg

This next image is of the plants in flower.

7fixedpinkp-med.jpg

This image is close to the finish of flowering.

7DCP_0024-med.jpg

This is a close up of the finished product.

7patduckbudside1.jpg

Re: The perfect stealth strain - Ducksfoot

VERRRRRY interesting. Can you get us all the details such as strain, heighth, THC content, etc.?

Here ya go. Right out of the breeder's mouth, so to speak.

Breeders report on Ducksfoot.

Plant structure:
Up to 8 ft in height and can be as wide, average around 6 ft. Very large, bushy webbed leaved plant . . . tends to like to spread with training to produce masses of large tight and very heavy, smelly buds. Buds have been as large as my leg... The Ducksfoot seems to be a very hardy plant. It begins to show its webbed traits on the second set of leaves, that come out quite wedged shaped and usually single bladed. The following leaf is the typical 3 fingered Ducksfoot leaf. Successive leaves will continue up to seven apparent points, and can be very large, dinner plate size. The leaves progressively lessen in points as the plant ripens as with other varieties.

Yield:
I have yielded huge amounts from my ducks, up to and over 2 pounds, due to its quick growth it is able to support hundreds of fat buds.

Maturing times:
I am still working on what sort of time it matures in climates different to mine; in my climate it is planted anywhere between October and December, and is harvested late March to mid April.
I have seen a few plants grown in the U.K. that veged well, but I don’t believe the ripening time was long enough to produce the same thing I get here, he said it was still going into November. Climates similar to Australia have had no problems at all, as far down as Perth in western oz...

Indoors:
I have grown duck indoors a few times, they veged very well, but the buds were wispy and airy and didn’t seem worth the trouble. We had 2 plants that were successful out of 20 tested, the successful ones were very good, but I haven’t seen another suited one since and would recommend that it is not grown indoors, after all why hide a plant that has its own camouflage specially suited for the outdoors?..

Bud size and form:
Some of the fattest and weightiest buds I’ve come across, green in colour... Bud formation can vary a little . . . have had them up to 4 inches in diameter and very solid, sometimes causing problems here with mould due to that fact...

Uniformity:
All plants are webbed, but some variations can occur in bud formation, i.e. , some more looser Sativa type buds, and others will resemble the tighter Indica formation... All plants have a similar smell and taste, a little stronger in some than others. It has not bothered me to have some variation in the plants, but will breed out the Sativa-looking ones and stick to the tighter fatter buds in the near future. It is nice to see all the characteristics though and all plants have performed very well in my location.

Smell and taste:
The duck has a very strong smell, even when quite young and a mature bush can be smelled from many meters away, kind of lingers in the air... Fresh buds smell very strong and will stink your house out, when dry and cured it has a very pleasant, to strong odors; a sweet hashy, spicy smell. The taste is the same as the smell, lingers on the palate for a long time afterwards and is very sweet and refreshing.

Stone:
Nice smooth stone, very steady up and relaxing and happy, very little couch lock, but still quite the powerful smoke, happy weed would describe it perfectly...

My opinion:
I really love growing the duck, it’s a really fun plant to grow and I always have some growing. The taste is just amazing and the stone brightens my day, even if it starts a little glum. I have bred many generations of this wonderful plant, and am really taken by its unique structure, growth pattern and fantastic smell...

Potential:
The duck has shown a huge potential in the area of hybridization, its vigor is added to the cross very well, as well as the smell. The hybrids have been of good size, up to average of 1 pound, with huge heads, some up to 5 inches in diameter and tight; some buds were so robust they looked as though they were growing inside out... The recent addition of a webbed Indica to my seed collection may realize some fantastic potential with webbed plants... Spare a thought for the many Ducksfoot plants that gave their lives to bring you this report.
-Wallyduck

I think seeds are available from seeds direct, but you will have to check that for yourself. This is an amazing strain.

I wish we could get ahold of some seeds of that around here I would grow that.

Imagine the amount of time and paitience it took to breed a "webbed leaf" in as a stable and predictable genetic trait.

But, while it looks like nothing more than a common weed or when it's in veg., those big heavy buds sure give it away when it's close to harvest. :allgood:

I understand the breeder, Wally Duck, is working at breeding the Ducksfoot with other more potent strains such as haze, AK47, etc, and having quite good results in maintaing the webbed genetic trait. It, the Ducksfoot, must be a very stable strain, to be so reliable in breeding. Full credit to the breeder for his enormous amount of time and energy put in to achieve this. For me, it is a huge thrill as these genetics are Australian made - true blue!

Imagine when they cross breed it with purple or g13 something along those lines ha.

In the US, I think the DEA or whoever looks for a spectral signature or something...the herb has something so obvious out in the wild that from a helicopter it really stands out. So maybe this would help for some stealth situations, but do you think it would fool anyone that knows pot, and who is on the lookout? I know I personally have gone out of my way at times to see if some native weed was really pot, just based on the overall form or character of the plant...(wishful thinking). Nevertheless, a very impressive plant with amazing production!

I have 30 Ducksfoot seeds that will be planted on my hillside next spring.

I asked about these before I got them and he was kind enough to fill me in on its history... thanks again for that.

Would an incredible plant, it's obviously stealthy and does well unattended for long periods and does well in hot climates.

I'm trying to get my kids to cross it with BOG's L#S#D# and Dirty Harry...what a great couple of strains that would be.:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

wherd you get these from? i wouldnt mind getting hold of these..

Back
Top Bottom