Thread: Breeding from seed or cuttings?

Post Thanks / Like

Breeding from seed or cuttings?

Hi every one, this is my first time posting here.

I want to try breeding some cannabis together and I was woundering if it is best to start with seeds, cuttings or a mix of both? (I guess that the best answer is seeds, but it worth a try)

The situation here is that I have some N-39, Freezeland and Purple (all female) that I could breed with some male form an indoor mix (don't know what it is). I'm not really convinced that such a breeding would give great result, but hey, who knows.

This is why I'm thinking about making a breed of seeds and cuttings. What would be a good "mix" considering the female higher.

Finally, seeds breeding. I'm looking in an energetic Hi (mostly a mix of sativa???). I want some taste and the time is not a matter (I want good stuff). The height of the plant is not a problem, but short to medium is good. Is there any strains that you know that would fit those guidelines?

Thanks for the advices and comments

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Breeding from seed or cuttings???

Welcome!

It would be best to start from seed. You will want to make sure the males you use are of high quality as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breeding from seed or cuttings???

I guess I'll start all from seeds.Thanks.

I was woundering about making myself some seeds form a specific genetic/strain (let's say AK47, blueberry, etc) before doing any mixing; do I need 2 different "batch" of seeds so that both parent are not closely related or using the seeds from on single package is all right.