Kush

Racefan

I keep seeing this word used to describe different strains of weed yet I know little about it. In a effort to learn more I'm looking for the following answer.....

What parentage makes up the modern KUSH strain? Is it a afghani x Thai? Or maybe columbian red crossed with a duckfoot? No where can I find what KUSH is.
When I look for answers I keep getting refference to a region as to where the name came from yet I see strains referred to as kush that didn't come anywhere near from where the Hindu Kush region is. I'm starting to think that maybe the Kush name means about as much as the color purple does in the cannabis movement. Just another marketing angle.

I think you're right...the term seems to be used very loosely.

What I found:
" AFGHAN KUSH
Fragrant north Indian charas and sticky black Afghani hashish are both largely produced from Kush plants — a subset of the Indica family which may be considered definitive examples of that line."

Master Kush
"An Indian-Afghani hybrid created from two true-breeding Indica seed lines that were collected in different parts of the Hindu-Kush.
The cannabis from this area has always been valued for its resin production and Master Kush retains this quality, as well as the vintage flavour of her parents earthy and pungent, with a hint of incense.
The taste of Master Kush will remind many smokers of hand-rubbed charas hashish. This is no surprise, as Kush weed is a major source of charas. A plant of great physical power, without the mind-numbing 'stoney' effect of many Indica strains."

HINDU KUSH
"This pure Indica seed-strain comes directly from the massive mountain range for which it is named. The Hindu Kush is the western spur of the Himalayas, covering half of Afghanistan and straddling the borders of Pakistan and India, reaching almost to China. This desolate and beautiful region forms an important trade-route between the Middle East, central Asia and the Far East and the ancient cannabis traditions of the surrounding cultures have met and merged here over centuries."

Sounds like a region and not some much a strain.

i love kush everyone down here has been asking for the lemon kush its fuckin bomb. og is getting old everyone wants it or has it whatever on the og. purple kush is here and it rocks but i dont like purples usually

What I found:
" AFGHAN KUSH
Fragrant north Indian charas and sticky black Afghani hashish are both largely produced from Kush plants — a subset of the Indica family which may be considered definitive examples of that line."

Master Kush
"An Indian-Afghani hybrid created from two true-breeding Indica seed lines that were collected in different parts of the Hindu-Kush.
The cannabis from this area has always been valued for its resin production and Master Kush retains this quality, as well as the vintage flavour of her parents earthy and pungent, with a hint of incense.
The taste of Master Kush will remind many smokers of hand-rubbed charas hashish. This is no surprise, as Kush weed is a major source of charas. A plant of great physical power, without the mind-numbing 'stoney' effect of many Indica strains."

HINDU KUSH
"This pure Indica seed-strain comes directly from the massive mountain range for which it is named. The Hindu Kush is the western spur of the Himalayas, covering half of Afghanistan and straddling the borders of Pakistan and India, reaching almost to China. This desolate and beautiful region forms an important trade-route between the Middle East, central Asia and the Far East and the ancient cannabis traditions of the surrounding cultures have met and merged here over centuries."

Sounds like a region and not some much a strain.
I agree...according to my research and understanding...kush is any 100% indica cannabis seed from the hindu kush/pakastan region. It could be 100's of different phenotypes but is still lumped into one strain called Kush. Wierd. Also, in my search I found some info that says something different about the master kush. In the "Big Book of Buds" master kush is a "nirvana" strain and it was originally called "High-Rise". It says it's a cross between a "hindu Kush" and a "skunk sort" and that it's a indica/sativa cross. When I research skunk I come across the fact that skunk is a cross between Afghani Indica, "Acapulco Gold", Mexican Sativa and Columbian Gold Sativa. If one was to believe the book of buds then what white label is selling isn't a "true" master kush but a variation that looks, tastes and smells simular. Sort of like somango and mango and papaya. 3 supposed different strains yet all 3 are known for a mango smell and taste.

I got a reply from a LeftCoast Friend :cheesygrinsmiley:
"Kush came from the mountains of afghanistan, its a pure strain, they call it Gods Green over there and it is the number one cash crop for the entire country along with the worlds best h**** called Gods Gold. Its hard to find the pure strain, its called Pure Kush and its very rare here in the states. However, in order to stabilize the strain for growing outside the region it has been backcrossed 6 times with the Mother and Hash Plant."

I have enjoyed the Master Kush. It is a very functional, clear headed high...I do find myself staring off in the distance day dreaming every once in awhile... It is an all over good buzz..Not to strong or overwhelming..:peace:

master kush is my biggest indoor yielder to date

I try it Wos Afghan Kush.Its slow plant and leafy.But strong.I have bad experience with this kush..Its good for outdoor.What kind kush is easy to grow?

Back
Top Bottom