Problems with clones

Herbivore

Hello the tips of the leaves of my clones seem to be turning dark. The pictures are from clones on their second day. I am currently foilar spraying twice daily with a solution of sensi grow flowering nutrients. I also started them off in a solution of kick start and dechlorinated water. There is one 39 watt florescent bulb over top of the clone dome. I'm wondering if I need more light or what is happening any insight would be helpful thanks.
668.JPG

589.JPG

4107.JPG

3176.JPG

2188.JPG

1237.JPG

Mate, your clones are too wet, they are drowning - that is why you are getting the burnt tips. Also, you are blowing it away with ferts. Why are you foliar spraying twice a day with sensi grow flowering nutrients. If you are going to be using any ferts, thjey should be veg ferts, not flowering ferts
Toss away your fert feeding, reduce your watering, and keep them in a humidicrib till they have roots.
You are killing your plants with kindness.

The only nutrients that clones should get is the 1/4 strength you should have soaked the rockwool into to begin with. Presoak with a 1/4 strength bloom nute (use bloom as the phosphorus and potassium help with rooting) PH'd at about 5.5. Then transplant the clones to these pretreated cubes. No more nutes until at least 5 days have passed. Then othing stronger than 1/4 strength. Keep the cubes slightly moist. Do not keep them wet. You can mist the dome or clones with distilled or RO water PH'd about 6 to 6.2 twice a day. Keep lights raised higher than normal. You want the clones to root before they try and grow new veg matter.

thankss dudee im trying that a lot of the clones seem to be going limp tho and just lyingg flat. The lights are roughly 8 inches above the plants. And above the clones with the most problems I added another 39 watt florescent light.

The only nutrients that clones should get is the 1/4 strength you should have soaked the rockwool into to begin with. Presoak with a 1/4 strength bloom nute (use bloom as the phosphorus and potassium help with rooting) PH'd at about 5.5. Then transplant the clones to these pretreated cubes. No more nutes until at least 5 days have passed. Then othing stronger than 1/4 strength. Keep the cubes slightly moist. Do not keep them wet. You can mist the dome or clones with distilled or RO water PH'd about 6 to 6.2 twice a day. Keep lights raised higher than normal. You want the clones to root before they try and grow new veg matter.
I guess I should have added that after you plant the clones you keep the rockwool moist with water PH'd at grow levels which is around 6 to 6.2 or so. The 5.5 ph is for PRE TREATING only.

nice thanks I have brought my sprayings down to once a day because they do seem too wet. Some of the clones I have had to get rid of are flopped over because the part inside the rockwool cube rots into a very skiny wet string.

Back
Top Bottom