Bubble Cloner Tutorial

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Dubman's Bubble Cloner Tutorial

We all know the Rockwool method and it works great for some people and not great for others (Me). Hopefully this method Ive picked up at another forum will be better for me. Its called a bubble cloner and with proper use you should get 100% success rooting in 4-10 days.
Its the same principal as DWC just using aerated water to encourage plants growth. Water cloning has been used for centuries and its is the same thing but with aerated water.

Supplies:
-Air Pump - the bigger the better I had an old dual air pump laying arround I used

-Air wand/Bubble curtain. Its with the airstones at the petstore. About $2 each. I planned on just using a single wand but decided I needed more. My final bubbler has 1 wand and 2 curtains.

-Rubbermaid/Sterilite plastic storage container. Size doesnt matter but the bigger you go the more air pumpage and airstones you need. I suggest getting 2 identical ones so that you have somewhere to put the lid when changing your water

- Air hoses/T splitters etc. As much tubing as you need to get from the pump to the airstones. This stuff is pretty cheap.

Ok heres what you do. Drill a hole (or 2) for the airpumps as high up as you can on one side of the rubbermaid. Make sure this hole is higher than you intend for the water to be and big enough for an airline to pass through.
Next you drill a bunch of holes in the lid... probably 2-3 times the diameter of most cuttings stems so you can get the roots out. On my cloner I made 20 holes (5 x 4)
Then you put the air wands/curtains into the bottom... can superglue if you wish (I did). Just hook up the pumps and airlines and whatnot and your ready to go.

Some people like to use slightly lower pH water. I have read It doesnt matter. The guy that this design came from said he had tried many different things with little to no change in success or time. He recommends dechlorinated tap water between 75-80 degrees F. Also he said to change the water every week or more than that if you have the time or your water is warmer than 80.

I like the idea of the bubble cloner. I have a friend who uses this exact method with great results. He does not even use a dome.

The bubble cloner is basically a minor miracle of sorts. I took a lot of ideas I saw and put them into a convenient little system with removable plugs. Some people have made nicer ones than mine since then though. Still, fancy or not, they just plain work. I never need a dome, and the exact water level is fairly unimportant. These things are amazing really.

I bought the DWC system with 42 site cloning lid. Upgraded the cheap airstones to 2 x double xl kiln fired micro-pore ceramic air stones and added nutramist foggers that will run on 5 off 10 minutes (they tend to warm up and don't want the clones sitting in warm soup) Sort of over kill but I'm using it and the components to do some experimenting with. So its all good. I basically paid for the air pump and the actual container. It came with an 8 site 3.75 inch net pot lid too. I'll be starting my tests soon. Glad to hear people have great success with bubble cloners. :peace:

Not sure if anyone is reading this thread anymore? If so I built my own cloner also almost identical to this one.

I am getting some weird kind of gel around the clone that is in the water? I am assuming this is the CLONEX from dipping it in it before putting it in the home-made cloner?

Has anyone else seen this?

How much of the clone do you want below the water?

Interesting enough the first one to root has the root coming out just below the neoprene 2" insert? This almost leads me to believe to stick the bottom of the clone to just the surface of the water?

Anyone that could shed some insight to this would be greatly appreciated!!

L8R,
Grooven420

more details please on bubble coning need help had the same gell on my stems and same root close to the lid out of water... so are they not supposed to go in the water?

12-21-2012 The World is going to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So get growing some more before it does. Fired up the bubble cloner
with 10 white rhinos.
2 outlet air pump 2 air 6"
1 fish aquarium heater its cold keeping about 85-90
6.9 well water
clonex a little bit
spray bottle
12" tupperware container covered with okie chrome to black out
root tech rooting jell
took cutting below node then cut thru node at 45 % split the end and scraped the conbre layer. then dipped in rooter then put in neoprene pucks
set in cloner. put in room at night when the room is on then put by a window during the day.
Ordered seeds single seed center junk.
had 3 floaters 4 never cracked 3 got 1/2 long put 16 oz cups with fox farms soil 2 are struggling spray hum dome but struggling.
have 6 more in cups of warm water looks like 3 have cracked with one 1/4 long root will wait 1 more day?

white_rhinos_002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom