Help with my clone

spannermonkey

hi i have one grow space, two foot tall, and have a plant that has been flowering for about a week and a half now. i took two cuttings of this plant, my question is what will happen to the cuttings if i leave them in with the flowering plant? can i leave them in there and then veg them once i crop the other one? could i put them on a window sil till the other one is readly? i have no clue about this so any advice is very welcome.
thanx.

u could leave your clones in on 12/12

i wouldnt recamend reveging the clones once your plants are done though

i dont think the windowsill will be good eouf

If you leave your clones in the flower room they will flower. Revegging might not be possible if nthey have been flowering too long. The window sill will only work if the clones get at least 6 hours of strong light a day.
Why did you take cuttings without a way or place to grow them? Haven't you ever heard the saying of PPPPPPP? (piss poor planning promotes piss poor performance) Which basically means.....figure out what you need and the actions/items required to see it through "BEFORE" you do it.

I truly believe in KISS. When people get super technical and add things just to add them, all they truly gain are more things to malfunction and more time required to troubleshoot the problems.lol I believe in simple hydro set ups like DWC and NFT where fail safes can be built in super cheaply like a 2nd air pump and stone set up for a DWC/bubbler and a waterfall effect for the NFT where the nutes re-enter the reservoir (the splash effect pulls oxygen into the solution in case a air pump stops) and I push a lot for soil or coir grows. Can't get much simpler than a plant in soil or coir in a container under a HID or bank of floros being hand fed. Very forgiving and easy and what I recommend all beginners start with. A great nutrient is a must. I use pure blend pro. 1 bottle of vegetive for veg cycle and one bottle of bloom for the flower cycle. 30 mil per gallon is full strength for both parts so a 15mil cup or syringe (<--which I use) is perfect for measuring. Some nutes require that you mix 3 different parts for veg and 3 different parts for flower and are easier to screw up with. I'd stay away from those until some experience is gained.
Big yields are not gotten out of a bottle. They are gotten from hard work and a dialed in grow room and enviroment. Qulaity nutrienst finish off the requirements. Gimmick nutes that promise huge yields and resin dripping plants are just that...gimmicks. Most are syrup or mollasses in a bottle and then they charge you 25 times what it cost to make. Pure profit for them and a rip off for you. Only once have I a seen a bud "dripping" with resin. The seller used a product that you spray on after you harvest to increase yield. I didn't buy the bud but I did throw a small bud against the wall and watched it literally stick.lol The guy wasn't happy but neither was I for what he was pushing. He kept saying..."what the fuck man! The kids love this shit". lol I tossed him out with his "sprayed on" bud.lol
The most important rule for growing is to have fun. The day it becomes a chore or a job is the day you should hang it up. That time happens for all of us at different times. Some sooner than others. I've got over 20 years experience but eventually I want to travel some and see the world a little and grows don't do well with 4+ weeks of unattendance.

cheers for the words of advice. i only took the cuttings, cus it is my first grow and i wanted to see how easy or hard it was to do. they seem to have taken really well, so i thought it would be a shame to waste them. as a rule when is the earliest you can flower?

p.s. the 7P thing is spot on and also some good advice.

thnax

Is there a way you could have them in the sun during the day and under the light at night for veg?
That's what I do to keep the cost down.
I will have clones under a fluorescent at night, while my flowering plants are sleeping in the next room and when the big lights come on I put the babies back with the big girls all day.
It not only allows the babies to get used to the bright light for half a day for a couple weeks until I harvest the Big Girls and then the Babies can have the Big lights to themselves, but it saves money and energy. But you gotta time the cloning process so you don't veg to long that way.

Is there a way you could have them in the sun during the day and under the light at night for veg?
That's what I do to keep the cost down.
I will have clones under a fluorescent at night, while my flowering plants are sleeping in the next room and when the big lights come on I put the babies back with the big girls all day.
It not only allows the babies to get used to the bright light for half a day for a couple weeks until I harvest the Big Girls and then the Babies can have the Big lights to themselves, but it saves money and energy. But you gotta time the cloning process so you don't veg to long that way.
That method would work but personally I'd just leave them under the floros all the time. Never had to acclimate a clone from a floro to a HID. From HID to sun yes, but not floro to HID.

Back
Top Bottom