Seed wont sprout

doobie1

hey ,just wondering if anyone has some hints on how to get old seed to germinate.
Seeds are sprouted using the wet napkin method but after cracking they wont sprout the tap root out of the broken seed husk
They would be up to 5 years old but 80% seem to split the husk but just dont seem to be vigorous enough to survive.
Any ideas on how to get some little babies here would be much appreciated.

the seeds seem to take up to 3 to 5 days to crack ,during this time i hav noticed what i think maybe a fungus{ slime} growth encompassing the seed husk wat do u think might be the cause of that and or ways to maybe avoid the growth ??

racefan > hi there thanks for viewing , without sounding like a dumbass can u explain the SCARIFICATION aspect a bit more please

thanks for an interest fellas doobie1

thnxs for that racefan ........ i,ll give it a go when things start to warm up a bit,,,,
Westcoast ....... no definetly wouldn,t have had any contact with pesticides but appreciate your interest in post muchos gracios .

THANK YOUS ,much appreciated will put a plan together and implement sum of heses techniques. its amazing to recieve the interest and share sum of the thoughts of you guys be able to tap into other peeps knowledge is a privilege

Back
Top Bottom