Flowering clones or revegetation?

NoLogo

Hello,

I have a couple plants 6-7 weeks (lost track lol) into flowering under cfls, my new t5 lights should arrive Friday or Monday next week. I want to get another grow started right away, I am thinking of taking either flowering clones or putting the whole plant through revegetation. This project would need to be finished the first few days of September. I am all out of beans and if I want to turn a plant out in time I need to get started!

Here are threads on the two options:

How do I regenerate rejuvenate reveg a plant after harvest?

What is a flowering clone?

My concern here is that it will take too long to turn a flowering clone around to revegetation and then trying to flower it at the start of July. Are the turn around times on these methods the same? Or does one generally take longer than the other.

Any advice appreciated!

I should add that I'm aware so far into flowering isn't ideal for flowering clones, but if anyone has had success at this time or later I would love to hear some tips!

see i was leaning towards the revegetaion of the whole plant, since it already has a developed root system, where as it would take a fair amount of time for the clone to root and then develop a larger root system

just an after thought, i was reading another grow journal where a plant is used for a 2nd harvest and they mention the likelihood of it being a hermi due to the various stresses to the plant, this would be great for me if i could get a few seeds out of the deal rather than buy more. these seeds were femenized at the time of purchase but i believe this means it can still turn into a hermi?

You are right about feminized seeds, they will either be female or hermie. However there is a low hermie rate. If I was you I wouldnt worry about a hermie, trust me the last thing you want to harvest is a bunch of seeded bud. What you want is some good sensimilia. What I say you should do is take flowering clones from the plant like you mentioned. Revege the clones for a couple weeks, then flower. Give them plenty of Nitrogen, but you should use a little phosphurous as well. As you go into flowering thats when you should reverse the nutes to mainly phosphurous and less nitrogen. When you take the clones you should use some sort of root gel like Clonex. Put into good soil, or rockwool cubes. Its good to keep clones in a sterile enviroment, with the perfect humidity. Well thats my two cents...

SG :rollit:

thanks for the input guys, ill try and take the flowering clone route and ill post a grow journal of it too

i was thinking that same thing earlier, why not just do both? i would probably stick to what ive been doing which is a dwc bubbler system. so i would be putting the clones in 1" rockwool cubes.

Follow Boss' advice above for treating the cubes for the clones. Soak cubes in 1/4 strength dose of flowering nutes in a PH of 5.5 to "PRE" treat the cubes. After a few hours pull the cubes from the solution and with 1 quick light motion shake off the extra solution, cut and dip the clones and then plant them into the cubes. I scrape the outer layer of about 1 inch of the bottom of the cutting to expose more of the cambium(rooting) layer before dipping and planting. Every watering or misting from then on is done with a PH of 5.8 to 6.3. No extra nutes are really needed until roots appear as there should be plenty soaked into the cube already. Be patient as the clones have to root and reveg which can take anywhere from 8 days to 3 weeks. Enjoy your time growing.

I can tell you a little about that. I have both clones and re-veged 6 out of 10 of my best mothers. If you cut the mothers back right then she will bounce back pretty quikly and at least for mine, they passed up the clones in about a week and 1/2. Yes, I got pics.
I'm doing mostly G13 Haze and Jack the Ripper and have crossed them with Sweet God.
The babies are easily identifiable from the way they grow. G13 Haze x Sweet God is shorter, more stout and the Jack the Ripper x Sweet God is taller but one thing about both is they are very pungent and fast growers. Anyways, The clones I have do not compare to the mothers I reveged. If you use Seaweed it will help your moms reveg faster and they will love you for it. I use Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 and Sea weed and Earth Juice Grow and primal harvest solution guano powder for my veging and I only use Earth Juice Bloom,seaweed, mollases and I make my own organic tea and they are growing pretty good. I have seedlings also and they have almost caught up with the clones already.
I consider that a good fruit tree needs to be pruned properly if you want better fruit next year. If you are interested in how I prune my mothers back when I really want to grow them out again, let me know and I will shoot ya some pics to go with instructions.
Keep a good lady till ya get tired of her but when ya get hold of a great lady, keep her, nurture her and she will stay with ya and serve ya for many faithful years.

Back
Top Bottom