Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flowering clones or revegetation?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Flowering clones or revegetation?

Hello,

I have a couple plants 6-7 weeks (lost track lol) into flowering under cfls, my new t5 lights should arrive Friday or Monday next week. I want to get another grow started right away, I am thinking of taking either flowering clones or putting the whole plant through revegetation. This project would need to be finished the first few days of September. I am all out of beans and if I want to turn a plant out in time I need to get started!

Here are threads on the two options:

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/ov...r-harvest.html

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/se...ing-clone.html

My concern here is that it will take too long to turn a flowering clone around to revegetation and then trying to flower it at the start of July. Are the turn around times on these methods the same? Or does one generally take longer than the other.

Any advice appreciated!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flowering clones or revegetation?

I should add that I'm aware so far into flowering isn't ideal for flowering clones, but if anyone has had success at this time or later I would love to hear some tips!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would try the clone method.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

see i was leaning towards the revegetaion of the whole plant, since it already has a developed root system, where as it would take a fair amount of time for the clone to root and then develop a larger root system

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

just an after thought, i was reading another grow journal where a plant is used for a 2nd harvest and they mention the likelihood of it being a hermi due to the various stresses to the plant, this would be great for me if i could get a few seeds out of the deal rather than buy more. these seeds were femenized at the time of purchase but i believe this means it can still turn into a hermi?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You do not want to produce hermi seeds, trust me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

See I would clone 10-15 and let the mother flower out as is.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right about feminized seeds, they will either be female or hermie. However there is a low hermie rate. If I was you I wouldnt worry about a hermie, trust me the last thing you want to harvest is a bunch of seeded bud. What you want is some good sensimilia. What I say you should do is take flowering clones from the plant like you mentioned. Revege the clones for a couple weeks, then flower. Give them plenty of Nitrogen, but you should use a little phosphurous as well. As you go into flowering thats when you should reverse the nutes to mainly phosphurous and less nitrogen. When you take the clones you should use some sort of root gel like Clonex. Put into good soil, or rockwool cubes. Its good to keep clones in a sterile enviroment, with the perfect humidity. Well thats my two cents...

SG
    Last edited by StonerGrower; 06-06-2008 at 01:57 AM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the input guys, ill try and take the flowering clone route and ill post a grow journal of it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I recommend flowering nutes at 1/4 str for soaking your medium for clones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why not do both? Take some flowering clones AND reveg the plant? What medium are you planning on using for the flowering clones?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking that same thing earlier, why not just do both? i would probably stick to what ive been doing which is a dwc bubbler system. so i would be putting the clones in 1" rockwool cubes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Boss' advice above for treating the cubes for the clones. Soak cubes in 1/4 strength dose of flowering nutes in a PH of 5.5 to "PRE" treat the cubes. After a few hours pull the cubes from the solution and with 1 quick light motion shake off the extra solution, cut and dip the clones and then plant them into the cubes. I scrape the outer layer of about 1 inch of the bottom of the cutting to expose more of the cambium(rooting) layer before dipping and planting. Every watering or misting from then on is done with a PH of 5.8 to 6.3. No extra nutes are really needed until roots appear as there should be plenty soaked into the cube already. Be patient as the clones have to root and reveg which can take anywhere from 8 days to 3 weeks. Enjoy your time growing.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had plenty of positive results from flowering clones... Even late flowering ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast