Single female, how to get it to pollinate itself?

stackz

for my one and only single female plant, how long into flowering should I allow it to go before I know one way or the other if it will take that last ditch effort to produce male flowers to pollenate itself and produce seeds??

or when I should cut my loses...and cut it lol.

I'm very wary about ordering any babies off the net and having them shipped to me and I dont have any friends that want them shipped to them so I pretty much have to use my only grow that I have right now as a possible source of future seeds. Thank god it was a female lol.

also, how viable will the seeds be and how long will it take once pollenation before they are mature enough to harvest??

Its starting into flowering now so I want to know before I have to make a decision one way or the other.

I doubt you will get seeds from any male flowers that appear towards the end of flowering. This is because the plant must have viable pistils to pollinate, plus the time factor for the seeds to mature. When male acorns appear, the best way to get seeds is to harvest the pollen, then use it on a fresh flowering plant, preferably of the same strain.
Boss is quite correct in saying your buds will be over-ripe if you prolong flowering too far - that stage is called senescence.

I'm willing to deal with over-ripe buds as long as they are still useful but how long is TOO long to wait??

I've tried searching around on here and I know I've got at least another month to go before my plant gets to the point of no return and I just wanna make sure before I reach that point if there's a way to tell or not if it will try to produce male flowers or not since from what I've read...this isnt 100% assured to happen.

once the hairs start turning brown as well as the resin pods...is that too long?? or should I wait longer?? also, will they be weirdo deformed male flowers and will I have to blow on them or whatnot??

If I let it go too long will the buds be ruined or just dry or subpotent?? lol. I got my bong if they end up harsh so I'm not TOO worried about that :bongrip:

I just want to get some seeds somehow out of this if I cant locate any haha.

well crap, no viable seeds definitely sucks...guess I'll just follow prescribed methods and try to procure some babies. I mean damn, why I cant have inbred babies lol?

How long has your plant been flowering?

in my little grow journal, this is where it was as of 5/23:
DSCN2819.JPG

It was pretty early into flowering at that point as far as I could tell and I've been out of town on business since the 1st of june. Though, I will be back in town on the 13th and will update my grow journal at that point.

My fiance has "attempted" to take care of it since I've been out of town though I'm not too confident of its health right now since she told me earlier that the other day when she checked on it....it had "some brown spots" sigh. I'm hoping that's natural but I'm thinking it's starting to die from a few mis-steps on my part as a newbie grower.

I do know that it was starting to get trich's on the bud site leaves though when I had left. I'm just hoping I dont come home to a sickly little plant though as I think it's pretty much already rootbound as-is.

I'm hoping the browning leaves she was talking about was the ones that I had already burned before I left with my horrible fishmeal spray haha.

With the over flowering process Soma developed the female pollen is "COLLECTED" and used to pollinate a completely different female that isn't as far into flowering. The over ripe buds you get the pollen from is done flowering and wouldn't live long enough to grow the seeds to maturity even if you were able to pollinate it at all.

good information guys! I'll just abandon this crazy idea and proceed as normal then, thanks a bunch for stopping me from doing something crazy haha.

Back
Top Bottom