How long do seeds stay good?

TSOAFcirca

hey ppl i've had some seeds some are Kush, some are seeds from buds i got in clubss ..how long are they good for ?? ONe more day until 420!!:grinjoint:

dark, warm place? dont you mean a cool place?. i read that if you freeze them the last long. so thats why im saying this, not that i have experience myself.

Lol yea cool. Honestly the fridge works awesome for storing seeds. I've never heard about freezing seeds though, thats a new one for me lol.

If you plan on using them within 2 years, store them in an air-tight container someplace dark. If you plan on using them after 2 years, freezing them is the way to go. To freeze them all you need to do is vacuum seal them in a bag which can be done with a zip-lock bag and "sucking" the excess air out, squeeze the sealed bag in a film bottle or other container and throw them in a freezer at around 25 degrees farenheit. If you have a large variety of seeds, it is usually wise to label the container with info on what strain the seeds contain. You should be good for around ten years or so. The colder the storage area is, the more longevity the seeds will gain. Just remember to let them fully thaw which takes around 12 hours before planting them and that re-freezing a seed usually kills it.

hey ppl i've had some seeds some are Kush, some are seeds from buds i got in clubss ..how long are they good for ?? ONe more day until 420!!:grinjoint:

I've still got seeds from a grow I did in '78 that I've kept in film canisters at room temp since. For the hell of it I put three in some water a year or so ago and all three sprouted. I did make an effort to keep them in a basement or the coolest area of the house.

They were all from bag seed. As a cab driver I ran into all of the best bud in the late seventies that made it's way to Calgary.

I had Thai from real buds still wrapped around their stalks with hemp fibers from the stalk wrapped around the buds. It was pretty cool as the wrap looked like some sort of macrame or string art. Three seeds from a qp.

Maui Wowie, six seeds from an ounce I got from a dude I picked up at the airport. (He just flew in from the Big Island)

Some Jamaican Red Hair I got from a pound I bought from this Jamaican dude that used to ride pretty regular with me. After 6 or 7 trips with me and a couple of small scores he offered me a pound at twice the price of the Mexican dirt weed that was going around at the time. I got hundreds of seeds out of that deal. LOL

Everybody loved that shit. At the time it was THE best smoke going.

I got my ass married and moved into a place with a dirt floor basement and sprouted all three. Grew them under 10 - 4 foot flouros, 5-cool white and 5-warm white in 4 gallon pots filled with dirt, sheep shit etc that we dug up at my dad-in-law's farm.

I grew with info that I got from the old "Grow Your Own Stone" book by Dr. Alexander Sumach and stuff I gleaned from folks trying the same as me.

Kinda like learning about sex in the school yard. :0)

Anyway, one of the girls went hermie. Probably 'cause I had three renters and plenty friends that would like to sneak a peek as things were pretty casual those days. I have as not used those seeds as I'm pretty sure their offspring will be hermie too. I should try I guess as that ThaiX was f'n great!

Oh, those days. Single, early 20s, 200 to 400 doolars/lb, no AIDS, running my own cab 6pm-6am. The coke, the hash, the acid, the PUSSY! Can't forget the love drug, MDA. My wife loved that shit. Mainlining 'DA and screwing our brains out kept us together for almost two years. Booze fucked it up. We had our 30th anniversary last July. I'm a happily married man, I haven't seen my wife in over 25 years! :0) True story.

Anyway, if the genetics are crucial to keeping around you should look into desiccating the seeds and freezing them, preferably in a deep freeze. If so it is crucial that they stay frozen until use.

Desiccating crystals can be purchased at RV centers or hardware stores for use in drying the air in stored RVs. You get a big bag for a few bucks. I use colour changing lab desiccants. As they absorb moisture they change from blue to red or visa-versa. Damned mad-cow makes me double-think everything!

Then I can put them on a clean cookie sheet and bake them back to the dry colour and use them over again.

I'm about to germinate some Northern Lights seeds I got in '01 or some Chemo x Kings Cross I got in '03.

Both from growers that swore by the narcotic effect of their respective plants but I don't have enough room to start two more strains from seed along with my 3rd flower tub of Kali and a 1st gen tub of (Kush?).

I want a couch-lock to get me sleeping and negate the effects of the KaliMist buzz I've been running all day. ;0)

Kind of like J.Cash dropping speed all day and crashing on sedatives for the night.

Oh well. It's lots better than the shit I get from the local DRUG store!

I think these kush might do the trick tho the yield looks pretty low so far. Really stinky plants compared to the Kali that has plum sized buds and no big buds on the Kush. Very spiky on top with full calyxes and tons of crystal. The Kali and Kush are only 46 days into flowering so 46 more at least for the Kali and ? for the Kush.

All trichs on the Kush are clear now so when I get about 50% cloudy/brown I'll drain and fill with RO water in my tubs for the last 10 days.

Tip: When running any grow using net pots into tanks, add your clear, top-up water through the net-pots to flush out accumulated salts!

Yeah wow.

I just got back from the bar and all four seeds are sitting on the bottom.

Dumped half the water and topped up with RO no more H2O2 for now.

Lets see if these 5yo seeds become plants.

Chemo x Kings Cross.

The Chemo part I'm up on but the Kings Cross part I'm not so clued in.

I got the seeds about 3 months before the cops shut him down.

What I wanna know is...

Is there a statute of limitations for seeds derived from a criminal investigation?

If these seeds sprout, can I be arrested under laws pertinent to the year they were produced or will I be going to GitMo?

Can all the nOObs around here be happy with less than the latest, greatest top-of-the-line finest pre-femmed and polished bitch nards?

Can Oprah ever find her cunt again?

Stay tuned the train hasn't stopped yet.

Call seeds what you want but the explosion of great genetics you see on-line and elsewhere aren't worth squat.

Maybe squat but not 20 - 50 - EIGHTY bucks a seed.

You gotta be some stupid, rich, name dropping lame-ass mother f**ker to support the hyped up BS that passes for "Med Pot" or "killer crosses" that cost mega bucks per seed and aren't any better than the seed you found in the latest eighth of bomber weed you got last week!

Grow that seed!

Even if it's not the best, It's yours and if it gives you the relief or buzz you need then it is the best!

Overgrow the government is the goal to be strived for but undergrowing the overpriced and over-hyped seed market is a personal goal I stay with.

Anything I grow is mine. I've found the seeds in bags of the best or traded with fellow stoners to experiment since the late seventies.

I can call it what I want.

Panama Red, fuck ya head.
If you don't like it,
you must be dead.

Fuck the hype. Grow what ya know it's all a crap shoot. If you're that jaded that you're not happy with the "regular" then maybe you are a potoholic.

I've met hundreds of stoners only a few pilgrims. Those willing to give their all to the kind, that pass on seeds, clones and lore freely and openly with no expectation of reward.

These are our "warriors", our future leaders. Men and women that lay down, if not their lives but their reputations, livelihood and cash so that we all may someday be free to spark a fatty as we see fit.

I hope someday to be worthy to stand in their shadows.

Yeah wow.

I just got back from the bar and all four seeds are sitting on the bottom.

Dumped half the water and topped up with RO no more H2O2 for now.

Lets see if these 5yo seeds become plants.

Chemo x Kings Cross.

The Chemo part I'm up on but the Kings Cross part I'm not so clued in.

I got the seeds about 3 months before the cops shut him down.

What I wanna know is...

Is there a statute of limitations for seeds derived from a criminal investigation?

If these seeds sprout, can I be arrested under laws pertinent to the year they were produced or will I be going to GitMo?

Can all the nOObs around here be happy with less than the latest, greatest top-of-the-line finest pre-femmed and polished bitch nards?

Can Oprah ever find her cunt again?

Stay tuned the train hasn't stopped yet.

Call seeds what you want but the explosion of great genetics you see on-line and elsewhere aren't worth squat.

Maybe squat but not 20 - 50 - EIGHTY bucks a seed.

You gotta be some stupid, rich, name dropping lame-ass mother f**ker to support the hyped up BS that passes for "Med Pot" or "killer crosses" that cost mega bucks per seed and aren't any better than the seed you found in the latest eighth of bomber weed you got last week!

Grow that seed!

Even if it's not the best, It's yours and if it gives you the relief or buzz you need then it is the best!

Overgrow the government is the goal to be strived for but undergrowing the overpriced and over-hyped seed market is a personal goal I stay with.

Anything I grow is mine. I've found the seeds in bags of the best or traded with fellow stoners to experiment since the late seventies.

I can call it what I want.

Panama Red, fuck ya head.
If you don't like it,
you must be dead.

Fuck the hype. Grow what ya know it's all a crap shoot. If you're that jaded that you're not happy with the "regular" then maybe you are a potoholic.

I've met hundreds of stoners only a few pilgrims. Those willing to give their all to the kind, that pass on seeds, clones and lore freely and openly with no expectation of reward.

These are our "warriors", our future leaders. Men and women that lay down, if not their lives but their reputations, livelihood and cash so that we all may someday be free to spark a fatty as we see fit.

I hope someday to be worthy to stand in their shadows.

double wowwzerz:popcorn::popcorn:

this man needs his own reality show :popcorn::ganjamon::popcorn:

Dude. Awesome. My friends dad told me about that wrapped-up weed, I think he called it Thai Stick, or Thai Sticks or something along those lines. My buddy and I have smoked with this dude many times, with killer bud alot of those times too... He always said the Thai was better. Man, I wish that stuff was still around. :nicethread:

Yep. Thai Stick. mmmmmmm Thai Stick.

Probably the best high at the time and would still stand up to most of today's best.

no shit man!
i just planted 2 seeds 2 days ago and they were 3 years old sitting in the bottem of my junk droor, and they sprouted and grew 2 inches in one day.

as long as you dont handle them alot (oil from your body or fingers can shorten the life span of the seed) and store them in a decently dry place or in the dark of a bottle or box they can stay good for years to come.
i just planted 2 seeds that are over 2 years old and they sprouted in three days and grew an inch in one.

i store them in my fridge or freezer,i belive the best way is to do that becouse that's what mother earth do when she stores her seeds for further growing in the wild

I have been saving seeds for many years. Planted a 30 year old seed several days ago. It germinated! It has been in a sealed mason jar in the freezer all thirty years except it has thawed out a number of times when I take the jar out to add or remove seed. Can hardly wait to see what it grows into. The only information I have about it is the envelope is labelled "Thai".

I grew out a strain from 1998 they did fine. They had been stored in the freezer the fridge in a box on moves, hot, cold and in between. Not much humidity here so I'm sure that helped. Never give up on a seed tell it has been planted and does or doesn't grow.

Back
Top Bottom