My DIY EZ-Cloner (really good way to clone)

Smallzz420

This is my first time cloning ever. I though i would share it with you all.
I built my ez-cloner for just under 55$(for everthing) I though about getting a real one, but to pay 300 some odd $$$ to get a ez-cloner is a little steep i thought. So i got on to google looking for DIY stuff and found this guy that gose by the name KingRalph on International Cannagrafic that talks about making one of those ez-clones for under 60 bucks

Here is what i made
easter_019.JPG

this is the pvc set up
easter_021.JPG

i cut 18 sites, you could do more, 18 is alot for me
easter_023.JPG

i cut my rings from some neopreme mats i had
easter_031.JPG

here is it running

This is all good but dose it work??? so let us find out
first off i'd like to say that i have no exp cloning, going by that i figer that i would have a higher rate of failer from my lack of exp. I was shooting for 12 clones so i took 17 cuttings (1 site has my power cords come out it)
easter_033.JPG

i took my cuttings at a 45 and placed them right into water after being cut, they where then placed in the cloner
easter_037.JPG

for water i just used tap i didnt bother with the ph it was really high :grinjoint: like me, 7.6 or close to that
easter_039.JPG

it was really nice the clones never wilted the whole time they were in the cloner with no dome, no misting, no any thing just two t8 2ft away :popcorn:
kids_001.JPG

kids_004.JPG

kids_026.JPG

kids_030.JPG

kids_036.JPG

they all rooted in 7 day with the pump on 24/7 and water temp around 71. I dont know how hard of a strian danky doodle is to clone, 100% of my clones rooted. I was very imperssed on how well this worked. I ended up with 5 more clones then was needed for this run. 12 were put it to pot with soil, the smallest were thrown out (it's sad i wish i could have planted them out back)
kids_038.JPG

I think I let the roots grow to big before they where transplanted this is the most wilt i had the whole time. from what i've readed you should transplant when there 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch long. if your doing hydro you can let them grow longer.
kids_057.JPG

they all look alot better after a couple days, really starting to stretch, time to move the lights closer.

thanks for reading
and your input :peace:

wow very nice...just made something like this..u used strait tap water and the pump on 24/7? what size/ kind of pump...and im interested in how did you cut that neoprene mats? with the same bit to cut the plastic wholes? what was the mat? or where do you find that...

This is almost exactly what you buy when getting the botaincare 25 site cloner. The internals are made of PVC just like this. Only different is they fit it into a much smaller footprint which someone could do as well. Like say a 5 gallon bucket or similar smaller container.

With that much PVC it may be difficult to keep the water pressure up for a optimal aero effect.

For the next guy going DIY like this I really recommend scaling down as cloning solution (if used) isnt cheap to run in such a large container. My main reason for down sizing from a ezcloner to the smaller botanicare which uses roughly 1.5 gallons of res space and has a much smaller foorprint. (real estate in the GR is valuable :) )

Smallzz;
Very nice!
I went to the hardware store today and got parts.
I think half the fun is making it yourself.
How did you hook the pump into the PVC?
The diameters are different by a 1/4 inch.
I'm kinda stumped for the moment......humm
Anybody any ideas?
I was think just some kinda of tubing and hose clamps.
goin from 5/8" to 7/8"
better smoke a bowl and let this one simmer a bit.

Other wise this is easy to do! Your right about $55 to do it.

Good job of sharing this!!!

If you ask me, your design more than proved itself ! Nice post and pics. + Rep ta ya, Bro !

Ive had mine running now for about 5 days!
Works great! I went with a 14 gallon roughneck bin, (its a little smaller)
Using a pump that does 396 and works just fine.
Only thing im different on is I used baskets and rockwool instead of going naked...
hummmm. any thoughts ???? anybody????
This is very easy to do and less than $50 no problem!

Ive had mine running now for about 5 days!
Works great! I went with a 14 gallon roughneck bin, (its a little smaller)
Using a pump that does 396 and works just fine.
Only thing im different on is I used baskets and rockwool instead of going naked...
hummmm. any thoughts ???? anybody????
This is very easy to do and less than $50 no problem!

the whole point of an aero cloner is going naked so to say. With rockwool you may be too soggy :( At least until roots grow out of the RW if it does

Aero gives you good air and water on the cutting.

Let us know how it works out

Mc Budz;
Being in my rookie year with this..........
I had the same thoughts about rockwool.
At first i thought it was hampering my grow. so I cut back on the watering.
Then i started having problems, but with the help from Stinkfinger and a couple others we pulled it out and are fine now. I think the rockwool keeps it too moist!
I have a tray of clones sitting in rockwool seven days ahead of my clones in the $50 cloner and the cloner looks healthier than the rockwools by far. I think I may just pull the rockwool off the cloner "kids" and let 'em air out in the shower they get every five minutes. I might diesect a rockwool and see whats goin on there too. May just throw those in the cloner too? Its been 15 days now, and nothing coming out the bottom!
What the hell good is this rockwool for anyway??????????

The best just finished one 5 days ago the clones in it are doing just fine no wilt have them in the shade of a tree they do not like real bright sun light.
Checked today and no roots yet but I think it will not belong from now.
50.00 $ is about right.
I tried jiffy potts and did manage to root a few which just happens to be on the drying rack they turned out to be some fine ganis and a couple still gowing sativas.
Time to go smell the new crop just in time for memorial day.

In the pic he says these spinning sprayer heads are rainbird but I can't find any like the ones in the pic.
12203aerocloner.jpg

Anyone know which spray heads work the best / clog the least, or where to get ones like in the photo?

comments, opinions & suggestions always welcome

Back
Top Bottom