Help my clones have no roots

teamgilly

its been two weeks since my it took my ccuttings, i got impatiant and cracked one of the rockwool cubes open. There was only a little nub of dence root materail, not root tentrals or anything. what happened. Are they good as dead? help

Hi.

if they still alive, be patient.

although i am not familiar with cuttings in rockwool, i am familiar with cuttings and roots.

if i ever had a group of cuttings that did NOT have some roots showing after two weeks i would check...

pH of the water or cloning solution used to keep pods/rockwool moist
--- i pH down to 6.2

any heating pad i might be using under tray holding cuttings.
--- clones like it when their root level is a few degrees warmer than the ambient temperature of the room they in.

make sure cutting are not TOO wet or TOO dry.
---i wouldn't think this an isuue when using rockwool, but worth checking.

check if cuttings are exposed to TOO much light.
---about 4 feet from a 400hid, 24 inches from a T5, a few inches from a cfl.
---or, you can use a piece of screen to subdue light to cuttings.

i use a cloning solution for my cuttings.
1 gal distilled water (minus a turkey baster amount of water from top)
8 teaspoon Clonex cloning solution (not the gel, which stem is dipped and swirled in for a few seconds)
4 drops hydrogen peroxide (anti-fungal)
1 tablespoon liquid seaweed (any brand)
1 DROP of NoDamp (helps prevent damping off)
1/4 teaspoon Humboldt Roots. (not absolutely needed, but i like it)
1/4 teaspoon SuperThrive.

pH down to 5.8 - 6.4... i like 6.2

as for rooting gels... i use clonex brand, i feel it worked faster than B-Cuzz brand, or olivia's.

i prefer rapid rooter plugs over jiffy pucks.

keep at it, once you find your success style, stick with it.

some strains will root faster than others.

i have used this for junipers, boxwoods, chinese elm, japanese maple, black pine, and cannabis.

the softer the stem of the cutting, the easier and faster rooting takes place.

:peace:

i am useing water from my tap. i had phed a 5 gallon container of water to 6.5 but i checked it this morning and it was 7.0. so i have fixed the ph of the water i hope its not to late.

water from your tap should also
"air out" before use... I would let a 5 gal bucket sit open over night to make sure the chlorine evaporated out. ph on yer water needs to be check every time... when left alone it climbs....

i didnt know it climbed like that and i did let it sit our for a couple of days. i have it on top of a ceramic water dispencer.

Back
Top Bottom