Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Cheese/Cheese strain...confused!

Plant, Nug, and 2nd Place Member of the Month Winner (July 10') greenisland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: blue cheese/cheese strain...confused!

Yeah you right albert, I probably wouldnt want her then, ... I mean how would she do the dishes then.... so anyways I hope this pic shows up, you can see how in the middle its lighter green in the middle and on the left and right theres the dark green and purple peices. This pic is from a cell phone and it makes it all appear the same color, but in real life i gaurantee you they are as opposite as day and night. Ill try and get a better pic up soon, this does it no justice at all

Plant, Nug, and 2nd Place Member of the Month Winner (July 10') greenisland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed that peice in the top left is crazy purple too actually. Hey check out this pic of another sweet girl, Its called Nosebleed. And shes just soooo glorious that I had to make her my avatar. Shes been waiting to expose her glorious beauty to the world for some time! Here she is !!EXPOSED!!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

man...........that is a stunner,thyink i will re invest,what is the best company to go to(success in germination),currently no grow,but looking for serious dense buds,could you recommend a heavy yeilder with a good smoke,and fairly easy to grow??????

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

just out of curiosity what did you get of that plant,and how tall did it stretch????

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: blue cheese/cheese strain...confused!

Off of each plant it has a lot more to do with the wattage you actually give the plant... With that said, under a 1000 watt Hps hortilux or equivelent bulb(if there is one) you should be able to get 4 plants that weigh in at about 4 ozs for each plant, Keep in mind thats with Co2 injection, air cooled hoods and the whole works. That translates into 1lb per 1000 watts, in other words ur getting .448 grams per watt, which is certainly acceptable. And could definetally be improved upon if you stake your plants or just generally direct them to be more efficient(taking off small lower branches, making sure all plants are even in height, etc) Ive seen yeilds as high as .65 grams per watt from this strain but I wouldnt expect that from your first grow, or even ur second for that matter unless you definetally know ur stuff, or your just good at following directions and have read dozens of books on the matter.
    As far as stretching is concerned, that could pose a problem for some, but if you veg under a MH you should be able to keep the stratching down to a reasonable amount. But it does like to stretch especially if under the warm orange light of an hps.
    And I just want to make sure you know that the pic of that purple/red plant is not blue cheese, its actually a photo of a local strain called NoseBleed.
    Ansd something I want to add is this, I have had dozens and dozens of people tell me that this blue chees is the dankest they have ever had, and me myself feel like its definetally close if not the best ive ever smoked, and im sure you can tell Ive been around for a while. Ive seen a lot of strains grow and ive smoked even more differnt kinds than that but, for some reason I have had two different ppl now tell me that "it does nothing for me, its good but not the best "...Which me and everyone else I know who loves this strain were left scratching our heads wondering whats wrong with these people... are they lying? or whats up? Most my friends and colleges seem to think that actually these ppl are just trying to get the high price placed on this connisieurs smoke down. This I think is likely but, it may just be that some ppl have different experiences with it, and theres a slim...very, very slim chance that its just not what your into, and you wont appreciate it like I do. One persons personal headstash may be another persons b rated "if I have nothing else" smoke. Its all in preferance, and if you like those debilitating couch lock sativas this may not be your strain, but if you like a super fruity tasting and smelling up energetic sativa like me and so many ppl I knowthis is"the one". Its definetally my "one" its my vice. i love this tuff! Also beware: u smoke one hit to many and this one will leave you curled up in the corner paranoid as hell wondering what happened. Some women (and men) I know feel like its simply too potent. But for the experienced smokers of high thc sativa dominated plants, this will leave you licking your lips asking for more!
    Does this help you at all, did I answer your questions?...... oh wait u wanted a high yeilding variety that, oh damn I forgot your question... But if your looking for a heavy hitting indica, the NoseBleed is awesome. You will never find a been of this strain but I would suggest picking up a book like cannabible or even better the Big Book of Buds 1, 2 or 3 and that should help you narrow down your choices. Really its all in preferance and the conditions in which you will have the plant. For example, is the plant going to be outside or inside, SOG or a few tall ebb and gro plants in 3 gallon buckets? My point being there are so many strains too choose from that you really should buy or just read a book on the different strains and their tendecies as well as thier pros and cons. A plant that I feel is great may be different than you version of a great plant. Plus I kinda stear away from a lot of the hyped up strains and try to stay closer to the orinal "kinds" like Blueberry or any one of the Skunks. (and yes I know blueberry has skunk in it, for all of you reading this thinking "why those two strains when they both consist of skunk?"). I also dont do SOG setups for legal reasons, so no Lowryder or Ruderalis hybrids for me.
    Ugghh what a long thread! I need to start getting paid for this! Lol. Let me know if this helps.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

yes man that answered most,not if all my questions,i must admit i like the look of the nosebleed,i am trying to stay away from the commercial strains,i like the idea of (outhere strains) i must admit it is not for financial gain,just for me and buddies to pick at for a friday night couch lock,and talk about how the world functions and how we can sort it out(dont ask!!!!).for my next grow i think i am going to look into some strains that other people tend to not do,maybe the smaller seed companies,far a feild companies,my first grow was terrible,but knowledge is power,i will never go back to soil,to much maintenance,1 lesson learned,nutes etc.....list is endless,but i must admit i am addicted to these plants,1 at a time mind you!!!!,i wish i could extract this passion and put it into other parts of my life,i do notice everyone tends to go the greenhouse seed route,no doubt arjen knows his stuff,but i have a feeling there is an awesome strain outhere that everyone neglects.i had never heard or seen nosebleed till today via you,and is pretty to the eye,and the smoke is good i take it????,i tend to like an uplifting,that you can still function buzz!not a lover to be really honest of couch lock,but if someone puts a nug of pure un adultarated couch lock material in front of me ,i find it hard to say no!!!weird,my pop will not smoke weed,but will always kill off an eighth of resin every night!and swears by its a better buzz for him,i can see where you come from different buzzes....horses for courses!is there a strain you have grown that was out of the norm for you,and thought mmmmmmm this is good????that is what im looking for,something,weird and wonderfull.,thanks my freind,i am enjoying this thread!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as sead/bean companies go, im hesitant to suggest anybody but have had pretty decent luck with legends. Not perfect... but decent, meaning I eventually did get something atleast of excellent quality. Not the best germ rate, or fastest delivery, but just the fact that once they (the beans) didnt come and they resent my order to me for at no cost. So that is pretty damn cool! But its an unregulated market and its easy to get screwed, cause if you are screwed there very little if anything you can do about it. Beside trash their company here on the forums. lol. Good luck man.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, yeah and you probably will never see it again either unless you head down to my part of the world.lol, its a personal strain. Its made by someone very smart, and knowledgable, thats all I can tell ya!lol. Anyhow I would have to say that Ive never had a "hard" time with a plant,... so difficulty to grow is hard for me to rate but, I would have to say. ... GWS was an outstanding plant, as well as federations Mikado (nosebleed just maybe has some of this in its blood... but Im not telling.lol) What I would do is look at the strains that you see people biulding large profitable bussinesses around. Such as UKs Cheese, or Federations Mikado, or Greenhouses Arjen Haze. Cause if there good enough to build a company around there probably good enough for the pickiest of palletes. And that thing abt your pops is hilariouse! lol, He probably likes the high CBD and CBN as well as the relatively low THC values of Resin. Its good (and in good I mean helpfull, but I dont feal like resin is necesarily the BESt way to go)for chronic or debilitating pain or insomnia. This is why often times young people have the idea that resin is so much stronger than the actual pot that made the resin. This is not true however, and in fact its just depriving you of more oxygen, and giving you more carcinogens, tar, and a killer headeache often times afterwards. He would prob like a low THC, high CBD, CBN plant more than he would the typical "kind" strains. Hes not the only person I have heard of that does this however, so to each his own, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Why wont my damn custom signature show up!!! ahhhh! I changed it and its still the same!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ha ha.yeah i tried to have an in depth convo with him when im stoned,it was so hard!!!!!!because he never looks out of it,and always looks at me like im a retard!!!!!,says why smoke to get shit faced,still he has 30 years on me,i am going to look at these strains,if and if you ever see your freind,tell him i would pay serious money for nosebleed,very nice!!!saying about resin,it was all my dad used to smoke as a kid,so he is imune to it,give him bud he is fucked,quite funny to watch!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So heres a better pic of the Blue cheese, hope it shows the purple and stuff.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

how you doing green,just about make the purple out,looks nice,i have an order put on hold,too hot at mo,will defo start next 2 plants bbb cheese,anyhows hows life treating you fella?,think ik know secret to nosebleed,on a scale of 10,how close am i getting.....purple urple x power plant???????/

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

no........purple p x bubblelicious ha ha,god loves a trier/ha ha??????

Post Thanks / Like

Im doin good Albert. And actually your pretty far off, lol. So Ill just tell ya, cause realistically if someone wants to try and duplicate Nosebleed, I give them all the praise in the world cause by no meens is it any easy task. And the chances that they end up with the same thing as I did are next to none. And hey if they want to make a strain or start hybridising strains, Im ALL about it. So here it is. The color you see is coming from the Mikado in it, there is also 25% Niger sweat, and 25% GWS (its either GWS or Silver pearl, it was a looong time ago and I had both strains going then and honestly I just dont remember anymore. It was wayyyy back in the beginning of the breeding program, I think Im leaning towards GWS though) I cant beleive I dont remember though....lol, maybe I smoked to much today. Anyhow, its mostly, or half Mikado, thats where the indica like traits originated from. Hope this helps man. And I will do what I can to verify the GWS/Silver pearl part, its gotta be written down somewhere around here.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Albertgrow,

I just thought I would throw my 5 cents in here as well. Ive gotten seeds from a number of sources, and until the plant is grown to maturity ( hoping for a female in the process) you really really dont know what you are going to get. This is why some strains only appear as clones.

Example, I and a lot of other here, may have started with 10 seeds of say, Blueberry. 8 germinate, they are allowed to get to say 4 or 5 nodules, then clones are taken off all the plants at the 1 time and labelled accordingly to the plant they are from.

Now, these are placed in a seperate veg room, and the parent plants are set to flower. Of this, say 4 are female. The clones of these are kept, the male clones gotten rid of ( sometimes you may want to keep a particular male.. whole other story), and then the plants growing are monitored for particular traits that you as the grower are after.

Then, when the plant is harvested, or all the flowering females, samples are taken of the plant, to see which is the most potent, particular taste, colour, etc.Then when a particular plant is favoured over the others, you have clones of this plant to start a crop of exactly what you were after from that 10 seeds you started originally.

When a plant is described as Clone only, you will find that it has been selected and that it is the one that is supplied, to say a dispensary, or to the smoker. SO, when you get someone who then crosses that plant to get seed, with another variety, it will reduce the effects and traits of the original, unless you can devote a great amount of time and effort to go from F1-F8 clones and breeding to get back to where you started.

IT IS PART OF THE FUN THOUGH!! Ask Greenisland. He and heaps of others here know what I am trying to get at.

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast