Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best strain to use for my first grow?

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow What is the best strain to use for my first grow?

'What is the best strain to use in my first grow?'

I have recently been searching this website for an answer to this very question. I have learned that there are alot of different factors that affect how your first grow will turn out. Things like lighting, pH level, humidity, nutrients, and temperature all contribute to your success. There is one important detail though; The strain. For a first time grower, what would be the easiest strain to use? Which plant would be the most resilient to all types of stress in both the Indica, and Sativa class? It will be interesting to hear what everyone has to say!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the best strain to use for my first grow?

northern lights very good for first grow

Post Thanks / Like

I would stick with a good Indica for a first grow. They seem to be a bit easier to grow as a general rule. There are to many strains to list. Look here 420 Magazine - Sponsors and you'll be able to look up any number of strains.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys! I didn't think that anyone was looking at this thread. I would love to see what everyone has to say!

Post Thanks / Like

Northern lights, easy to grow and good quality smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Northern Lights a sativa or and indica?

Post Thanks / Like

i looked it up and it seems like the northern lights is an indica but the grow difficulty was said to be moderate,Delahaze from paradise seeds is a good plant,mostly sativa,the most easy strain i've grown so far,and the dutch dragon was incredible,growed long big buds and was easy to grow,and the grapefruit from Femaleseeds was amasing,purly sativa i think and the taste was the best i've tried so far,and the heavy duty fruity was kind of easy to grow i think(be aware,these plants usualy gets real big some times)

Post Thanks / Like

From my personal expreience G13 Labs "Skunk #1," in Dwc. I started growing for the first time ever this year in a one 5 gallon bucket and followed Dutch Masters nutrient calculator at 3/4 strength. I'm about to chop it to harvest in the next week. I have never had a problem or nute burn. I couldn't be any happier for my first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks playafly and cannanorway! I have been trying to decide on a strain, as well as a growing method (i.e. soil/hydro) for some time now. I will be doing my first grow at the end of the summer. I've been a member of this website for a couple of months now, and I have gotten some great ideas.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

green crack seems to be real easy for me...takes only like 6weeks to flower too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hindu kush small and easy have fun

Post Thanks / Like

I recently decided on my first strain to grow, Nirvana's "Master Kush". It's Hindu Kush x Skunk hybrid. Unfortunately I won't be able to start growing for another year and a half, but I wanted some seeds stashed away just in case I'm unable to get them when I can grow. I'd like to know what the experienced growers think of Master Kush as a beginner's strain.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: What is the best strain to use for my first grow?

Quote Originally Posted by CannaNorway View Post
    i looked it up and it seems like the northern lights is an indica but the grow difficulty was said to be moderate,Delahaze from paradise seeds is a good plant,mostly sativa,the most easy strain i've grown so far,and the dutch dragon was incredible,growed long big buds and was easy to grow,and the grapefruit from Femaleseeds was amasing,purly sativa i think and the taste was the best i've tried so far,and the heavy duty fruity was kind of easy to grow i think(be aware,these plants usualy gets real big some times)
    Hi CannaNorway! I would really like to know where you looked that information up at. I wonder what standard is used to gauge the difficulty?

Also, you recommended sativas...I have heard that sativas are harder to grow...Does anybody know what the basis is for that?

I'd love to see more input on this thread. For taste, quality of experience, etc. I prefer sativas so I would really like to know why growing them is supposed to be more complicated.

Thanks for your time,
    LadyB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

yeah N Lights is good. Blueberry is for experienced growers so i wouldnt do blueberry yet. AK47 i would also recommend, its a very forgiving plant
    I cant believe something so beautiful could be prohibitted, scensored, even slandered by the average middle class citizen, in a society that will cram mcdonald's down their throat. Thats an ugly sight.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

powerplant, whiteberry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast