A question about cloning

Li Siu Loong

I am fairly new to growing. I have only done it a handful of times. I am about to begin my very first hydroponic grow and at present, I have 2 White Widow plants that are in veg stage (about 30 days old). I need the grow space for my hydro set up, but I do not have the heart to kill the plants I have labored over and cared for. So my question is this; can I cut my existing plants that are in soil near the base, and dip them in a rooting gel prior to placing them in Rockwool and then into hydro and expect the same results as cloning from a branch ?

In doing so I would save lots of time and begin my hydro project with already vegetating plants thereby putting me one step closer to a successful harvest.

May peace be with you all...:peace:

Wow... that's a crazy idea! Please let us know if it works.

Having said that, let me introduce a couple of issues and give some suggestions.

You're going to have to support a much bigger plant structure for a much longer time. It seems to me that a pretty agressve foliar feeding program might be the key to keeping the plant alive and healthy.

Most starts are taken from a much more tender and young area of the plant. Have you seen any data on trying to get starts from that area of the plant?

Humidity will also be a big factor... any way this plant can fit under a humidity holding dome of some sort? Frequent spraying would help.

This is just crazy interesting. Good luck!

Cheers

I thank you both for your input. I have looked online but cannot find anything exactly like what I am talking about attempting. I can find no logical reason why it would fail...but often logic plays no part in gardening. Life is life and each one is different even though they are interconnected. I have found plants coming from the same seeds reacting and growing differently, even if only slightly so.

I believe I will attempt it...even though I am going to research the matter a bit more. Once again thank you, and have a peaceful and prosperous week.

Back
Top Bottom