29 Indicted In Marijuana-Growing Operation

Herb Fellow

Following last month's arrest of a marijuana grow house ringleader, officials announced today that charges have been filed again 29 Miami-Dade County people allegedly connected to the operation.

Miguel Fernandez paid $10,000 to those who let him use their credit buy homes in Loxahatchee, Royal Palm Beach and western West Palm Beach, according to an arrest report. He paid "farmers" up to $1,000 per pound of processed pot and $2,000 per pound to those who lived in the homes, the report says.

Officials seized some 1600 marijuana plants, worth an estimated $7 million, from inside the 26 homes as well as an assault rifle, a sub machine gun and nine other firearms in a yearlong investigation they're calling "Operation 2 Doors Down." Sheriff's Capt. Karl Durr said the name comes from the frequent refrain of neighbors: "I didn't realize this was going on two doors down."

Fernandez faces charges of continuing criminal enterprise, a first-degree felony punishable by life in prison. Three of his lieutenants and 25 others all face first-degree felony trafficking charges, which net 3 years to 30 years in prison.

Source: The Palm Beach Post
Copyright: 2008, The Palm Beach Post

Everywhere is starting to scare me.Appalachia is looking better more and more.........
Peace

Everyone in my town seems to be gettin popped right now too.

Well... im high, so not everyone.

Aren't you glad you live three doors down?

Back
Top Bottom