Any advice on the least offensive way to smoke flower or RSO for an elderly woman?

Nightengale

My 83 year old mother is a cancer patient with no appetite. She is willing to try smoking, but her throat and lungs are very sensitive. I have access to weed and RSO. What are the least noxious ways to smoke for someone like her? She is definitely not a 'smoker', but needs some way to increase her appetite and her mood. We have already tried RSO by mouth and suppositories, but it doesn't seem to have much affect on her. I'd like to try smoking. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Any advice on the least offensive way to smoke flower or RSO for an elderly woman

I would try Vaping with a Desk Top Unit that makes bags.

With it cooling in the bag it is the easiest on the throat and lungs it tastes great too.

They only vaporize the thc and they don't burn anything. There is no smoke. Just a fog.

I would run bags around 205f and only give her the first bag off a bowl or make small bowls at first. It is the mildest. The second bag will have more kick most of the time. But it can start to get harsh.

I own this unit and love it. Extreme Q Vaporizer

They are also 420 sponsor.

Re: Any advice on the least offensive way to smoke flower or RSO for an elderly woman

Another vote for vaping. A bag style vape would be good for her, Volcano is pricey but worth it.

I would try Vaping with a Desk Top Unit that makes bags.

With it cooling in the bag it is the easiest on the throat and lungs it tastes great too.

They only vaporize the thc and they don't burn anything. There is no smoke. Just a fog.

I would run bags around 205f and only give her the first bag off a bowl or make small bowls at first. It is the mildest. The second bag will have more kick most of the time. But it can start to get harsh.

I own this unit and love it. Extreme Q Vaporizer

They are also 420 sponsor.

Another vote for vaping. A bag style vape would be good for her, Volcano is pricey but worth it.

Thank you Duke and Juan for your replies. I will look into these vaporizers. Do you know how they would compare to a bong as far as irritation? Again, thanks!

They really do not compare. The last think I would recommend for her would be a bong.

A vaporizer or edibles/oils would the way I would go.
Thank you Duke and Juan for your replies. I will look into these vaporizers. Do you know how they would compare to a bong as far as irritation? Again, thanks!

The last think I would recommend for her would be a bong.

I second that.
I recently switched to vaporizing for health and comfort benefits, and its simply no contest; Vaporizing is definitely the smoothest way to inhale Cannabis.

I am blind and a heart transplant Survivor. Coming from the Viewpoint of a patient along with a medical marijuana user... I have to concur with the others in this thread. Vaping is so much less irritating than smoking. There are also a lot of concentrates out there other thanRSO. Edibles can also be quite effective, as mentioned above. I'm afraid the best thing that you can do, after getting the advice here, is to research, research and research some more. Another good source of information are dispensaries and co-ops in your area... If it is legal. I will have your mother in my prayers, may God bless you both.

do not mess with a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

I am blind and a heart transplant Survivor. Coming from the Viewpoint of a patient along with a medical marijuana user... I have to concur with the others in this thread. Vaping is so much less irritating than smoking. There are also a lot of concentrates out there other thanRSO. Edibles can also be quite effective, as mentioned above. I'm afraid the best thing that you can do, after getting the advice here, is to research, research and research some more. Another good source of information are dispensaries and co-ops in your area... If it is legal. I will have your mother in my prayers, may God bless you both.

Thank you very much for your response. I will keep you in my prayers also. My mother passed away two months ago. God bless.

I am blind and a heart transplant Survivor. Coming from the Viewpoint of a patient along with a medical marijuana user... I have to concur with the others in this thread. Vaping is so much less irritating than smoking, but bongs from bonghits are good too.. There are also a lot of concentrates out there other thanRSO. Edibles can also be quite effective, as mentioned above. I'm afraid the best thing that you can do, after getting the advice here, is to research, research and research some more. Another good source of information are dispensaries and co-ops in your area... If it is legal. I will have your mother in my prayers, may God bless you both.

I wouldn't even consider smoking the oil, I'm sure that would take away any cancer fighting properties too. I would only use it as an edible, vaping surely wouldn't come even close to using it as an edible. But if for some other reason you want to smoke it, maybe for a faster effect for purely pain relief then I would go with a nice glass bong

Look for an Arizer Q vapourizer. Works well off the bag or tube. Good price for a quality table unit. Mom may need to try cannabis a few times before feeling the effects.

Best wishes

Rso sublingual... but she needs a fatty snack or meal 1 hour before taking the rso. Explain the experience of euphoria, sit with her. Have her to hold the oral dose under the tongue without swallowing. Wait 5 minutes and then let her sip a beverage. Then take another small dose on top of the tongue. The ideas is to absorb the meds orally & thru the tongue - not to swallow them. Personally it takes about 3 doses get me going pain management wise but everyone is different.

You (she) can micro dose and even add other pathways such as oral rso backed up with a puff or twelve from a vaporizer bag. Smoking / vaping is the fastest means of administration but that doesn’t mean you should ignore other avenues.

oops just updated a year old thread...

Back
Top Bottom