Thermal Imaging & BLOCK-IR

StormChaos

Greets,

I recently went to starbucks with a friend and his laptop and had him purchase for me 250 linear feet of a product called Block-IR and am having it sent to his house. The product claims to block FLIR, thermal imaging, heat signatures... etc. Has anyone actually tested or know if this product actually does what it claims?

After I install this product I am going to either rent a handheld or have a home inspector come out with an imaging device so "i can improve my insulation needs".

Thanks,

Storm

Any feedback, comments or advice is always welcome.

UPDATE on Thermal Imaging & BLOCK-IR

Update...

Well. My Block-IR has arrived and I just opened up one of the packages.

The packaging on this stuff says Heat Reflective Insulation. Reflects 97% of radiant heat. High reliability and Strength.

This stuff looks exactly like Reflectix Insulation sold at most Home Depots and they are priced similarly.

Basically it looks like bubble wrap sandwiched between 2 layers of a silver reflective material.

I will take some pictures after I am done installing it..

I plan on bringing in a home inspector to do a heat loss analysis of my home with thermal imaging equipment. Obviously the lights will be on and I will make sure to let the room hit the low 80s to see what is detected.

I will report more as things progress. :peace:

FLIR is actually illegal for the cops to use now, but they still use it. They just can't use it as an excuse to get a search warrant.
Cops in my area are still using it to help build there cases. FRrom what they've told me they will occasionally use it and if they find a place that looks like an indoor grow they'll do a knock and talk to see what kind of response they get out of you.

OK. Sorry about the delay folks.. I spent 2 and half days installing this in my grow room. I had to take the entire set up down - and reinstall it.

Room temperature is hotter and requires more cooling and venting. I am not sure about my wisdom in this, but I disconnected one central air/heat duct and am pumping my exhaust into my house. I might tie into the furnace exhaust in the future.

I actually had to frame out one wall and finish building a room. Originally I was using the back corner/half of my basement. Now I have an actual room that measures roughly 10 x 15. The ceiling took the longest because of all the cutting. This room is now "sealed" and the rest of the basement can be used during the girls beauty sleep.

I am currently looking for a home inspector that has the equipment that is reasonably priced. Or perhaps a better method would be to rent the equipment myself....

FLIR is actually illegal for the cops to use now, but they still use it. They just can't use it as an excuse to get a search warrant.
Cops in my area are still using it to help build there cases. From what they've told me they will occasionally use it and if they find a place that looks like an indoor grow they'll do a knock and talk to see what kind of response they get out of you.

My biggest concern about the flir, thermal imaging, etc - regardless of weather the use of it is legal or not - is if the cops or military use it and be it accidentally or intentionally discover my heat signatures... all they'd have to do to get a warrant is to lie and say... "I smell marijuana permeating from the house." If they are illegally violating our constitutional rights by conducting illegal searches with the flir or whatever else they are using... they obviously wont have any qualms about telling a boldfaced lie to a judge inorder to protect themselves and get a warrant. Who is going to believe they lied when weed is discovered, and other than us and our community of medical users, grower and few people who care about our rights and a few others I am sure I failed to mention.... who is really going to care. Certainly not the judge or the prosecutor. And definately not that law breaking cop getting a commendation for busting you.

I would rather take every single security measure possible... if that means I spend an extra 500 on insulation so I sleep better.. so be it... I even question the wisdom of using the INTERNET sometimes... and making posts. I use a proxy at all times..... and I worry how safe is that... It is the only reason I have not posted pictures of anything yet.

I think the law of averages is on your side in this endeavour. I am also on the east coast and I am not too worried about the random search using FLIR. Usually they use it when they have been tipped. keep your growing private and you should be Ok.

I am still searching for a home inspector... I think I have one that is willing to come out for just $200 and do just a thermal analysis... My thoughts are now that the weather is cooling there will be a bigger difference between outside and inside temperatures. This should make any test results more dramatic as it would be likely to be detected. Or is my logic flawed here???

I think the law of averages is on your side in this endeavor.

You are probably right about the law of averages being on my side...

What really concerns me the most though are Murphy's Laws and Bad Luck. I am firm believer in an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

My lil home grow is known only to Myself and my lovely wife whom I am doing this for... she has an inoperable brain tumor that causes her a myriad of discomforts and the weed helps her. We have no plans to sell or distribute any excess weed.... we will probably make hash out of the excess as she prefers hash.:bongrip:

One can never be too careful.

Hopefully I will finish this test in the next week. Thanks for your patience..

You can find used ones on ebay sometimes. Washington state surplus has been selling quite a few of them lately. You could get into the consulting business.lol

Back
Top Bottom