Jack's Classic vs. FloraNova

HighWaterMark

I'm in search of ease and simplicity with a small closet (3' x 4' x 7') deal under 400W HID aired by a semi-closed inline ventilation circuit. Fox Farms OF is the substrate.

Re nutes, what's the community's opinion of Jack's Classic Dynamic Duo versus FloraNova Bloom & Grow?

I'm in search of ease and simplicity with a small closet (3' x 4' x 7') deal under 400W HID aired by a semi-closed inline ventilation circuit. Fox Farms OF is the substrate.

Re nutes, what's the community's opinion of Jack's Classic Dynamic Duo versus FloraNova Bloom & Grow?

I've never used either one.....but my vote is for the Jack's Classic. I think it will work much better.....and the price isn't comparable.

Never used the Flora, but have used Jack's for well over 30 years. If it didn't work well, I wouldn't have used it that long.

Just be sure to add some powdered dolomite lime or powdered oyster shell to the FFOF.

Jack's has no cal/mag added to it. This is done on purpose to avoid lockout as most soils and water have plenty.

DD

DocBud, thanks for writing. Droopy Dog, thank you for the benefit of your years of experience. Thirty years of satisfaction is something I am unable to argue against. You have helped make my decision and for that I am grateful.

Could I hear some more experiences with Jack's Classic Dynamic Duo?

ive used flora nova,,(bloom) now for the flower stage on my sour diesel,,,,she is doing super !! ive got big ass buds,,beautiful crystles,,at 35 days in,,,my friend told me to use it,,, he said he has had great results in many grows,, so i go with what i have seen, and smoked,,,,flora nova,,, for life !!!

DocBud, thanks for writing. Droopy Dog, thank you for the benefit of your years of experience. Thirty years of satisfaction is something I am unable to argue against. You have helped make my decision and for that I am grateful.

Could I hear some more experiences with Jack's Classic Dynamic Duo?

Jack Peters is perhaps the most successfull plant food manufacturer of all time. Millions of people have used his plant foods. There's a reason for that.....they are quality products and they have a full compliment of micronutrients and balanced NPK. It's really good stuff.

Legendary grower Uncle Ben likes it, and countless old school growers use it. I'd use it in a second if I didn't have something better (and cheaper.)

I'd use the "Blossom Booster" in early veg, as recommended and then switch to the 20-20-20 once flowering commences. Jack Peters understands that P is for roots. He also understands the importance of keeping leaves green during the flowering phase.

These two products will enable you to get the most out of all your outdoor plants in your garden as well as indoor foliage and flowering houseplants.

Designed to give you greener healthier leaves, more flowers and brighter colors.
USE ON: All outdoor and indoor plantings -- for better flowering and vegetative growth
Feed Your Plants Every 10-14 Days--Basically Every Other Week
Your plants need food just like you do! To grow vigorously, they need to be fed and watered cosistently with a high quality plant food--Jack's Classic®.

Alternate Feedings

Start with Blossom Booster 10-30-20 as you water in your plants to develop a vigorous, prolific root system.

After a week, feed your plants with All Purpose 20-20-20
to increase their size and keep the leaves green and healthy. Continue to alternate feedings every two weeks to keep your plants blooming and showing bright, beautiful colors.
Try "The Dynamic Duo" in Combination
Instead of alternating products, try All Purpose and Blossom Booster in combination! In a typical TWO-gallon watering can, add 1 TBL. of All Purpose and 1 TBL. of Blossom Booster.

IDEAL FOR CONTAINER GARDENS!
Recommended by Jack Peters himself

I've heard FloraNova is also great stuff....really excellent. I just don't think it's any better than Jacks....and it costs far more.

I'd use it in a second if I didn't have something better (and cheaper.)
DocBud
DocBud, thanks for your experience and knowledge. I'm guessing that you aren't going to share your secret formulation with the rest of the class. Or did you go organic? Gamblinman, you've achieved what I want. It's a tough decision, not so much about money as about reliability and ease of application. I thought about FFOF but when I looked at the schedule, I thought I might as well go organic myself.

DocBud, what's your secret?

DocBud, thanks for your experience and knowledge. I'm guessing that you aren't going to share your secret formulation with the rest of the class. Or did you go organic? Gamblinman, you've achieved what I want. It's a tough decision, not so much about money as about reliability and ease of application. I thought about FFOF but when I looked at the schedule, I thought I might as well go organic myself.

DocBud, what's your secret?

:hookah:

Well, it's not exactly a secret. I'm blabbin' it all over the place.

I use Osmocote Plus 3-4 month formula. It has a near perfect NPK ratio and all the micro's. A few other folks are using it and all of us are getting great results. The best part, besides how well the plants grow, is that flushing isn't needed. The plants are never overfed and they have a great taste right out of the box.

You use this for seed to harvest:
FERTILIZER OSMOCOTE 15-9-12 3-4 MONTH
11CVA5XPYHL.jpg

Osmocote Plus - Standard - 903206

That's fantastic. No amendments when flowering? You don't need more phosphorous when flowering and you follow the instructions 1:1?

You use this for seed to harvest:
FERTILIZER OSMOCOTE 15-9-12 3-4 MONTH
11CVA5XPYHL.jpg

Osmocote Plus - Standard - 903206

That's fantastic. No amendments when flowering? You don't need more phosphorous when flowering and you follow the instructions 1:1?

Nope. You could flower very healthy plants without adding a thing.
However, I added Snowstorm and Hygrozyme to the OC+.

You definitely do NOT want more P in flower.....Mg and K is what to pump, if anything. I grew these colas in 7x7" pots, 12/12 from seed....IOW zero veg time.

BTW, I believe that Jack's Classic would be every bit as good, if not better.

IMG_10199.JPG

IMG_10188.JPG

Thanks. I tracked down your Humboldt County's Own Snow Storm Ultra and Sipco Hygrozyme.

It appears that you have some knowledge of what you speak.

highWM said:
Thanks. I tracked down your Humboldt County's Own Snow Storm Ultra and Sipco Hygrozyme.

It appears that you have some knowledge of what you speak.

Well, I have people around me who know what they're doing. I soak it up like a sponge. I'm a reader, a listener and a thinker. Bouncing my ideas around on this forum has shaved years off my learning curve.

the Hygrozyme may be a more expensive alternative to Aquatic Pond enzymes.....I'm looking into it. Nevertheless, I'll continue to use one or the other in all of my grows.

The Snowstorm is pretty cool stuff. Not much NPK.....but it's got those kelp derived hormones. Good stuff!

ss said:
Those colas speak for themselves.

Yep! Some would say they're saying:

"you grew us wrong! Our pots weren't even a foot tall, but we're 3 feet tall! You used nutrients you bought at Home dePot! You used tap water! You didn't give us any veg time.....We would have been the size of 55 gallon drums if you knew what you were doing......."

The only thing I know for sure is that my cheap nutrients work better than Fox Farms or Advanced.

Yep! Some would say they're saying:

"you grew us wrong! Our pots weren't even a foot tall, but we're 3 feet tall! You used nutrients you bought at Home dePot! You used tap water! You didn't give us any veg time.....We would have been the size of 55 gallon drums if you knew what you were doing......."

The only thing I know for sure is that my cheap nutrients work better than Fox Farms or Advanced.

My finely tuned irony and sarcasm meter is pegged, lol.

However, we have yet to see the results of grow using just OC+ ;).

OK....you've said that like 3 times.

I promise, on my next grow I'll do one or two with amended soil and only OC+ for nutrients.

However, adding the snowstorm is no big deal! I used it like once a week late in bloom for a total of like 3-4 times.

But, this thread is about Jack's Classic.
From what I've read, there isn't a finer plant food out there. The reason I don't use it is because it involves mixing and measuring....not much, mind you, just drops in a bucket.....but get it wrong and blammo! You've burnt your plants.

It's bound to happen with my track record.

I apologize, I can be a real bulldog sometimes, but how many times have newbies been told *all* they need to grow excellent bud is OC+? ;)

If newbies are being advised that all they need is OC+ to grow nice bud, we should be able to back that up with some grows done that way.

This evening, I'm going to post pics of a plant grown most of the way through veg and all the way through bloom with just OC+ and tap water.

Only one thing though, it's a frickin' male, lol.

Can't wait to see your next grow with the solo OC+ plants! Thanks!

BTW, if you like Jack's but don't want to mix anything, I believe there is also what I believe is a CRF called Jack's Classicote.

If newbies are being advised that all they need is OC+ to grow nice bud, we should be able to back that up with some grows done that way.

Ah....I see what you're saying. You're right.

I did a clone all the way through with OC+ 2 grows ago....and as you know I supplemented these with snowstorm and hygrozyme.....but you are absolutely correct.

If I'm going to tell newbies to use it, I need to be able to back up what I say........and I will.

Very good point!

I am listening.

As I mentioned, for a virgin trial, I'm looking for ease and simplicity. Perhaps I'll try OC+ not knowing any better. It will receive great light, pure air and water, and being a hearty plant all I can do is hurt it with complexity. For now. I'm sure OC's not too complex, but their trade sheet is tough to understand.

DocBud, I'm curious about your 1ft (2G? - 3G?) planter and short veg time. Care to elaborate or did you keep a journal that I could teach myself with? And Setting Sun, no worries. Feel free to hijack at will; I'm here to learn.

You know, everyone with experience tells me one can't go wrong with Jack's Classic. Yet DocBud, looking at the pictures of your final argument, I just can't help but wonder if I could render a more informed decision.

Just found the journal (I think). Before I dive into this novel, tell me that it is the saga of "The Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy". BTW, what's "hempy"?

Decisions, decisions. (Thanks, people!)

I am listening.

As I mentioned, for a virgin trial, I'm looking for ease and simplicity. Perhaps I'll try OC+ not knowing any better. It will receive great light, pure air and water, and being a hearty plant all I can do is hurt it with complexity. For now. I'm sure OC's not too complex, but their trade sheet is tough to understand.

DocBud, I'm curious about your 1ft (2G? - 3G?) planter and short veg time. Care to elaborate or did you keep a journal that I could teach myself with? And Setting Sun, no worries. Feel free to hijack at will; I'm here to learn.

You know, everyone with experience tells me one can't go wrong with Jack's Classic. Yet DocBud, looking at the pictures of your final argument, I just can't help but wonder if I could render a more informed decision.

Just found the journal (I think). Before I dive into this novel, tell me that it is the saga of "The Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy". BTW, what's "hempy"?

Decisions, decisions. (Thanks, people!)

Hempy growing is really, really simple and easy:

take a damn bucket, drill a single pencil sized hole 2 inches from the bottom, fill it with perlite, and you're good to go. It's really that simple, and it really works.

You can read all about my adventures on the Un-lucky Queen thread.

Back
Top Bottom