Yield Machine Max 4 Foot UFO Grow Box 180 Watt LED - Review - Stealth Grow Box

boomsnapclap

The Yield Machine Max is a great grow box for beginner growers who don’t want to deal with building their own box. It was super easy to set up. It came with everything I needed to get started with growing. This eliminated all the time waiting for things to ship and searching for all the little parts and pieces.
This box is super silent. I have it in my closet and the only sound you hear is a slight hum of the water bubbler. The LED light does not give off much heat. The outside of the box stays at room temperature and does not heat up. When the box is closed it keeps a tight seal. From the back of the box it has a little glow from the LED. If concealing the smell is a big concern I would suggest you add an additional carbon filter to the box. The small fans built into the box hold up just fine if you are growing a small amount. The Yield Machine is not a box for growing 6 foot plants. You may want to consider picking smaller strains or auto flowers which will be easier to manage with the space. 2 full sized plants or maybe 3 auto flower plant would fit this box. I have not made it to harvest yet. I think with the 180 Watt LED I’ll be looking at 8 ounces.

Small problems and adjustments.

Included with everything you get jiffy pellets. I started with them and had a few problems with moisture. The jiffy pellets were always wet and never dried out. I am switching to Rockwool.

I had a little problem with heat when I moved the light up. It will sit right in front of the exhaust fan. The temp started going up to around 88 degrees. This made my plants start to absorb more water and too many nutrients. It gave them a little nutrient burn. I highly suggest adding a big exhaust fan and carbon filter to move the air a little more. I added a little fan at the bottom that blew air to the top and the temp went back down.

If you get the option ask to have 2 holes for 2 plants with 3 inch net pots. It would give you much more room to play with. The 9 hole option is excessive and you'll need to cover the holes to stop light from hitting the roots.

Compared to similar boxes on the market the other boxes I considered using were too small and short and didn’t come with an LED light or dual exhaust. Overall I think this box is best for beginner growers and people who want something easy to set up and maintain.

If you have any questions please ask!

Yield Machine Max LED Hydroponic Grow Box | Grow Cabinets

Back
Top Bottom