Grow Tents in Canada

PieGuy

420 Member
Hi, (First time post)
I live in Canada (I have a medical marijuana license for Crohn's disease) and am having trouble finding a decent grow tent. A web site I am reading recommends "
Apollo Horticulture 48"x24"x60" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing". After some research, "Apollo Horticulture" seems like a good name. It is a big seller on Amazon.com. Further research reveals there are several manufacturers of grow tents. Amazon.ca doesn't have many choices when it comes to grow tents. The grow tent I listed above is listed on amazon.ca but it is not available. I did some digging and can't find anyone who will ship it to Canada.
Amazon.ca does have several grow tents by MarsHydro. e.g. MarsHydro 2' 3'' x2' 3'' x5' 3'' Reflective Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing. It's around the size I want but I'm not sure if the company makes a quality product.

So,
1. Any Canadians know of a place I can order the Apollo grow tent and have it delivered to Canada - or -
2. Any recommendations on grow tents available in Canada?

Thanks.

Hi PieGuy,

You don't say where in the great white north you are. I'm just outside the Hammer (Hamilton) and just ordered a tent and grow light from Mars. I'll be setting it up this week so I cant' give you feedback on this tent. What I can advise you is get the heaviest tent (1680D thickness). Anecdotally I have heard that the cheaper thinner tents are prone to light leakage and tearing. Also be aware of your ceiling clearance. An 84" tent will be very hard to assemble with an 86" ceiling.

I believe Mars Ships out of Oakville and Growlights.ca ships out of Stoney Creek.

Hi PieGuy,

You don't say where in the great white north you are. I'm just outside the Hammer (Hamilton) and just ordered a tent and grow light from Mars. I'll be setting it up this week so I cant' give you feedback on this tent. What I can advise you is get the heaviest tent (1680D thickness). Anecdotally I have heard that the cheaper thinner tents are prone to light leakage and tearing. Also be aware of your ceiling clearance. An 84" tent will be very hard to assemble with an 86" ceiling.

I believe Mars Ships out of Oakville and Growlights.ca ships out of Stoney Creek.

I live in Ottawa. The MarsHydro tents are all over amazon.ca but I can't find many reviews.
The tent I am eyeing is "MarsHydro 2' 3'' x2' 3'' x5' 3'' Reflective Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing". I don't plan on growing more than a couple of plants.

I use a Mars tent for vegging/mother plants and I like it, not cheaply made but also not on par with the higher end stuff like my gorilla grow flowering tent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use a Mars tent for vegging/mother plants and I like it, not cheaply made but also not on par with the higher end stuff like my gorilla grow flowering tent.

After some checking I can actually get a Gorilla Grow tent from Amazon.com - not a bad price either - Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT22 Tent, 2' x 2.5' x 5'7" - get from Amazon.com - $135.98 + $33.28 Shipping (225.00 canadian) & Import Fees Deposit to Canada - not sure about the import fees mind you.

Can't go wrong with the gorilla grow IMHO, I love mine and will most likely be getting another to put my GH rainforest 66 in for my autos

I have two different tents, a FusionHut and a MarsHydro.

Both are being used for their first grow.
Both 4"x4"
Supposedly made of the same fabric 1680d.

I would buy another FusionHut tent for sure.
But I will be replacing my other tent as there are too many light leaks which is just asking for trouble.
Most likely ill support my local retail hydro shop and buy a Gorilla.
Cheers

1st Time - Indoors - 600W MH - 4x4 - GSC & Blueberry

4x4 LED GSC & Hash plant

Hi PieGuy,

I wanted the Gorilla tent but put my money onto the light instead. Couldn't do both right now. Might have to upgrade the tent in the future though.

Did we meet at the Grey Cup?

Hello Jodasa,

Nice to meet you :) I am Sara.

I saw you have two brand tent, one is Mars Hydro. but it seems you will not buy Mars Hydro tent again? Could you please tell me what is the difference between these two tent? and where should Mars Hydro tent improve? we appreciate your help .

I have two different tents, a FusionHut and a MarsHydro.

Both are being used for their first grow.
Both 4"x4"
Supposedly made of the same fabric 1680d.

I would buy another FusionHut tent for sure.
But I will be replacing my other tent as there are too many light leaks which is just asking for trouble.
Most likely ill support my local retail hydro shop and buy a Gorilla.
Cheers

1st Time - Indoors - 600W MH - 4x4 - GSC & Blueberry

4x4 LED GSC & Hash plant

Sure Sara!
In fact I'm happy you've asked.
That shows me that you are really interested in making a better product.

The mars hydro tent upon receiving it had at least a dozen holes in the panels that allow light to leak out. I have since fixed those holes by applying foil tape on the inside. However I don't expect to have to fix a new tent.

The 1680d material you are using has what looks and feels like a rubber coating applied. It can be scrapped off. And seems very thin when you compare it to my other tent, which has a fabric outer layer.
The thicker fabric is much more durable.

The stitching up and down the seams, allow light to leak out also.

The zippers leak light which I see you have "fixed" with an inner flap. Unfortunate it is not sewn in straight enough to cover the zipper, so light leaks in various places.

Also I would suggest you make a view window, covered by a removable Velcro panel so a person can just look in the tent at the temp etc. without unzipping the entire door.
The frame is rather weak, I'd upgrade the bars to 1" tubing.

My 2 cents.
Cheers.

My only complaint about Mars hydro tent would definitely be the thickness and overall strength of the frame, I may have a different version than jodasa because I don't have any light leak issues at the zipper (only a small spot in the corner thanks to my puppy). However the Mars hydro pro 320 light along with my fan/filter did end up bending the top inward quite a bit, I remedied it by getting two shower curtain rods I had sitting in the garage and reinforced the sides at the top, no problem since but I do agree the structural integrity is not on par.

Hello Jodasa,

Thank you for telling me the truth, I promise you will see the improvement of our tents within half year, I have forward your message to our factory product manager and I will go to factory for annual meeting the day after tomorrow and I will talk about these problem again and let all of them leader pay attention :)
Sure Sara!
In fact I'm happy you've asked.
That shows me that you are really interested in making a better product.

The mars hydro tent upon receiving it had at least a dozen holes in the panels that allow light to leak out. I have since fixed those holes by applying foil tape on the inside. However I don't expect to have to fix a new tent.

The 1680d material you are using has what looks and feels like a rubber coating applied. It can be scrapped off. And seems very thin when you compare it to my other tent, which has a fabric outer layer.
The thicker fabric is much more durable.

The stitching up and down the seams, allow light to leak out also.

The zippers leak light which I see you have "fixed" with an inner flap. Unfortunate it is not sewn in straight enough to cover the zipper, so light leaks in various places.

Also I would suggest you make a view window, covered by a removable Velcro panel so a person can just look in the tent at the temp etc. without unzipping the entire door.
The frame is rather weak, I'd upgrade the bars to 1" tubing.

My 2 cents.
Cheers.

Hi SlickNick, got your message too . forwarded. I am really very happy you can tell me the truth and we can make some real improvement :)
I told factory two very important thing: 1 light leaking 2: size of the poles , If there is a three, it will be the fabric
My only complaint about Mars hydro tent would definitely be the thickness and overall strength of the frame, I may have a different version than jodasa because I don't have any light leak issues at the zipper (only a small spot in the corner thanks to my puppy). However the Mars hydro pro 320 light along with my fan/filter did end up bending the top inward quite a bit, I remedied it by getting two shower curtain rods I had sitting in the garage and reinforced the sides at the top, no problem since but I do agree the structural integrity is not on par.

Back
Top Bottom