The Kind Pen Dream

First of all, please understand that I am reviewing this vaporizer as a blind man. I am approaching it from ease-of-use from those with little or no sight. I'm also evaluating it on the effectiveness of its performance while being used by someone who is blind.

Now for the juicy stuff.

Here's what comes in the Box:

1x 1500 Ma battery
1x Retractable USB charging cord
2x Glass mouthpieces
1x Ceramic disc coilless atomizer
1x atomizer with double quartz rods and a titanium coil.
1x Packing tool
1x lifetime guarantee card
1x instruction manual

1x bag of replacement O-rings
The battery is a 1500 milliamp-hours lithium ion battery. Lots of charge for lots of draws. 😉 On top is an air is an adjustment to control how much air comes through when you inhale. There are also three different temperature settings with corresponding LED colors to tell you what temperature it is set at. Red is low power which is 350 degrees. Yellow is the mid-range and it is 390 degrees. Green is the highest setting which is 430 degrees.
The charging cord is quite unique in that it is retractable with a simple pull. Also it is an Android universal cord that also will charge your phone. Nice...
I got to give Kind kudos for including an extra glass mouthpiece. As we all know, glass has a very bad habit of breaking at the most inopportune times. It's also a great idea not to try and stand the pen up. That's a really fast way to break one of your mouthpieces as the pen is quite unstable in that position. The bag with the extra set of O-rings is also quite thoughtful.
The Dream provides you with two different atomizers with two different types of operation. D coilless ceramic disc atomizer will provide you with such turpy draws , that you taste the entire profile. The trade-off on this particular atomizer is that you get grape flavor at the expense of volume of vapor. If you like a lot of turpy taste, with little volume of vapor, then this is the one for you. It produces plenty ofvapor for the effectiveness of your medicine, yet the hits stay rather smooth and taste awesome!
The other atomizer with the coil is designed to give massive clouds of vapor. When you set it to the highest temperature setting, you will get a ton of it. Even at the lowest setting, you will get a nice volume of vapor, and it is a little more tasty than at the highest setting. The trade-off here is that it is not so tasty as with the coilless one.
The Dream, as with most of the Kind Pen line of products comes with a lifetime warranty. If anything fails, or the pen itself is broken, notify them via your registration card, after you have registered the product, of course, and they will send you a new 1 and all you pay is the shipping. The instruction manual is quite detailed and easy to understand.

How to use it

Once you have the chamber loaded, put the glass mouthpiece back on. This unit has no traditional button like we are used to seeing. It is operated using a touch sensitive pad. on the bottom of the battery. 5 touches turn the pen on and set it to the lowest temperature. Three more Taps on the sensor will move you to the mid-range temperature. 3 more Taps will send you to the highest temperature. Once you have your temperature set, just push and hold on the sensor pad and wait a couple of seconds for some wax to melt, then enjoy your favorite concentrate. When your session is over, just tap the pad five times and the pen will shut off. There is also a 2-minute automatic shut off for safety purposes. The pen is safe to carry around, as the pad does not pick up anything other than direct skin contact. So you can touch the pads through your pocket by mistake, and you won't have a heated vaporizer in your pocket.

Impressions:
From he blind person's point of view, this pen is easy to operate once it's set up. There quite a few different size O-rings, and it is difficult to tell with your fingers and fingernails where each side goes. It comes fully assembled, but when it comes time to replace one of them, I can see it will be a pain. The actual operation and use is quite simple, so I had no issues. These hits I received from each atomizer was as advertised. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase. I will rarely need to have someone help me, so to me it is a winner all around. If you have sight, you will most definitely find this very easy, effective, and you will probably never have to buy another concentrate vaporizer again.

Keep it cloudy everyone!

Glad you found a vaporizer you liked, Grandpa. I must admit the Kind pen is on my list, too. You mentioned vaping concentrates. Does it vape flower, too? What about oil?

Sorry HashGirl, I didn't see this post until just now. No, unfortunately, it does not do anything but waxy concentrates. I have a Kind TruVA for dry herb. The beauty of this vaporizer is that it uses a 5-10 thread, so all I need to do is screw in one of my oil tanks and cartridges. So, I have two very usable pens with lifetime warranties, for all three. And both units I can carry in my pocket. The boxes for them are also so nice that I can put them in one of the boxes, no it's safe, and I have everything I need including extra supplies. Yes, I am a big advocate of the Kind Pen.

Back
Top Bottom