Formula 420 Cleaner

RooRman

This stuff cleans good, but it smells like a cross between a chemical treatment plant and your dentist's office. Plus it is blue, not really my idea of a good color for cleaning solution, how about clear? Ultimatly it does clean very good, but you need to rinse the pipe throughly under extremly hot water to flush all the remenants of the cleaner out. It is really strong stuff and I don't like the smell, but if you have alot of really nasty buildup on your pipe from a long period of cleaning neglect then this is probably the most effective way to clean it fast. I never let my pipes get real dirty, so it's a little to strong in my opinion.

BTW, I know, ISO. ALCOHOL AND SALT, please don't put up a hundred posts in response to this one about iso and salt, we all know it works just as good.:laughtwo:

Yeah , that's really good stuff . I replied to a post not long ago about it . The smell and color didn't bother me though . I liked it allot . :smokin:

BongMan said:
I stick to alcohol and table salt...It works like a charm!! Cheaper too!

You got that right. I'm just cheap as hell and don't wanna pay for anything like that. I can pay $2 for a bottle of alcohol and a thing of salt. I've always wanted to try it cause it says its fast, but like I said I cheap.

Dude, you guys gotta try out some stuff called Orange Chronic!! It's the sheeeeit!!! It has an alcohol smell, but also very citrusy. It's an Orange liquid with small particles that srcub the bong (it's kinda like salt, but works WAY! BETTER!) and it leaves your bong with a nice orange taste! Just shake the bottle, open up and pour it in, then SHAKE IT UP for about 1 minute, and CLEAN!:peace: :bongrip:

JuturnaSurvive said:
open up and pour it in, then SHAKE IT UP for about 1 minute, and CLEAN!

See thats the thing that makes these products worth the money. I need something thats fast sometimes. Soo Roorman is formula 420 just as fast?

They had the Orange Cronic stuff there too, but the guy there seemed to prefer the 420 over it. He was nice enough to give me the bottle of Formula 420 for free (I have bought alot of stuff there) so I can't complain about something thats free.

I had all intentions of sticking with iso. alcohol as well even when he was telling me how great this stuff works, and it does work well. I suppose if your glass is SUPER nasty then this is in fact the quickest and easiest way to clean it. It's just in my case, I never let my pipes get too dirty so this stuff is a little to strong for my cleaning practices. BTW Formula 420 claims to be a 1 minute cleaner as well, but your going to spend more time rinsing the pipe with clean water so I guess it's a trade-off.

stick to 99% rubbing alcohol. All those products contain alcohol anyways. Great for cleaning all pieces (Glass, acrylic, metal, ceramic (in small doses), etc.)

I think Formula 420 is really only for cleaning the nastiest most dirty glass, if your pipe isn't that dirty the alcohol will indeed work fine and the Formula 420 is just overkill. It is however on of the fastest ways to get your pipe sparkling clean.

dgaf6422 said:
i only use orange chronic.

Never tried it. I imagine it is the same stuff just with an extra orange smell to it instead of a cleaner like smell. Extra smell is not something I really go for at all, the less scent the better and I take great care to rinse everything VERY well.

99% Isopropyl alcohol is the ONLY way to go. you're wasting your money for those other products... It works just as well, cause its a main ingredient in the other products.

I got 40oz of Orange Chronic off ebay for cheap, so I can justify it that way. All that cleaner will last me forever and a day. I used one 4oz bottle (I got 10) for all of my pieces and got them super clean. And some of those pipes havent been cleaned in YEARS. (ewwwwww.. i know. I had retired them b/c iso was NOT going to work) Now that everything is clean... it will be good smokin from here on out. :) I posted a pic of all my sparkling clean pieces on my member gallery.

420 cleaner is awesome if you use it for cleaning a bong. I always buy the all natural 420 cleaner that is the color green and smells pretty good imo.... :allgood:

420 also makes an all natural product. we just got it in at my store. i tried it out. works well if you clean your pipes regularly. not too good on really gunky ones. too much money for the stuff. stick with denat. alcohol and salt. stay green. peace.

Has anyone ever had an issue with the all natural 420 cleaner melting to the bottom of your piece,
Ive got a glass bong (its not acrylic) and like the salt crystals just melted to the bottom when i went to rinse it out with warm water.
Now it all tastes salty.
Its really whack.
Anyone had this issue or have any ideas to fix it?
If i run out of ideas i will risk warping my shit and boil it, but i dont even know if that will help.
On a side note, Is it harmful to inhale salt vapor?

try puttin just a little of the 420 in yer bong and hold it an' swish it round an'round for awhile to loosen those abrasives, they probably just settled out an' stuck, then rinse with the hottest water ya can get outta the tap. I know that formula 420 comes now in glass and acrylic formulas, this thread started long ago.

Has anyone ever had an issue with the all natural 420 cleaner melting to the bottom of your piece,
Ive got a glass bong (its not acrylic) and like the salt crystals just melted to the bottom when i went to rinse it out with warm water.
Now it all tastes salty.
Its really whack.
Anyone had this issue or have any ideas to fix it?
If i run out of ideas i will risk warping my shit and boil it, but i dont even know if that will help.
On a side note, Is it harmful to inhale salt vapor?
Do you really think your going to warp glass with boiling water? That's impossible. Water booils at 220degrees. Glass needs something like 1200+ degrees to start to soften.

Back
Top Bottom