Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High Pressure Metal Halide - Is This For Real?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High Pressure Metal Halide.. Is this for real?

Isn't that simiar to the ceramalux or ceramic metal halide? I use the Hortilux Blue "Daylight" MH 1000wt $240.00 but have heard rumblings about this new technology and wanted to thank you all for discussing this here
    Last edited by Wingman420; 12-06-2010 at 12:25 AM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a CMH. Runs on a magnetic (S51) HPS ballast.

Check out Welcome To Advanced Technology Solutions ~ Lighting Divison

More info there.

Right now, I'm running both a 400w HPS and a 400w MH. I'm going to get a CMH bulb for the HPS and it it works well, get a rebuild kit (HPS) and another bulb and replace the MH.

$53 for the bulb
    $58 for the rebuild kit

DD
    If you own 28 different foods, 65 different additives and 14 jugs of molasses and not one single book on plants, then that is the problem. WB

It's not the bow, it's the Indian. unkn

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

DJ is absolutely right. i may not be up to speed on the latest technology but i think philips is the only one to make the ceramic metal halide(maybe not). u must use standard hps ballast (NOT DIGITAL). the last time i checked it was only in 400w. a fellow grower in my area uses these & compared to my 600w hps & my 1000 mh he just smokes my grows. damm kid's makin' me look bad, now. lol! live & learn.

Post Thanks / Like

i tried 1 it was a 1000 watt bulb from artemis it worked great on my digital ballast had a cool light it put out shadows were multicolored the second day it wouldnt fire fire up i read some fine print on package takes a special ballast ANSI S52 BALLAST ONLY i wish i would have known they are called dual arc hortilux makes one

Post Thanks / Like

any more input on these? thinking of ordering this week

Post Thanks / Like

Member & Nug of the Month July 2012 Member of the Month June 2014 Icemud's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 lights in my setup, 1 400w magnetic ballast and one 600w digital ballast. I run a 600w HPS in the digital ballast for the full cycle, however, in my 400w magnetic ballast I have 2 bulbs I switch between. 1 is the 400w Ushio MH conversion which is a Kick booty bulb for veg. It is extremely high in the blue end and has a decent red end, perfect for veg. When it is time to switch over to flowering I change the 400w bulb to a Phillips retro white Ceramic Metal Halide... These CMH bulbs are awesome, very heavy red end with a full spectrum. I made a home made spectrometer to view what my light's were putting out, its easy and cheep and gives you a great idea of what bands of light your bulbs put out... check out the link

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/do...-give-out.html

Here is the differences between my bulbs..:

Ceramic Metal Halide 400w by Phillips (notice the full spectrum similar to sunlight, with a very full red end and also a very good blue end)

Ushio 400w MH conversion (notice how the bands are not full spectrum but more distinct bands of light, a very heavy blue end as well)

600w Ushio HPS running at 400w

Post Thanks / Like

yeah i run a mh conversion bulb 6k in my 400watt magnetic, my 2nd 400watt magnetic setup should be here today or monday, debating to run 2 of the phillips retro's or run a heavy red hps and the phillips.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,i've been running 2 phillips cmh 400w,after experimenting with 2 blackstar leds (240).I wasted 2 grows with the leds.For me the 400watters are the way to go.

Member & Nug of the Month July 2012 Member of the Month June 2014 Icemud's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The CMH bulbs rock!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Icemud View Post
    The CMH bulbs rock!!!!

agreed! and for the price.. their unbeatable

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123