50 watt hps

If you can keep it cool enough to get close, and maybe supplement from the sides with some florescent you'll probably be okay. I'd rather see more though... I'm kinda a go big or go home type. But I've bloomed under florescent only. And while everything was very light and fluffy, it smoked just fine and was plenty stony.

yea thanks i cant go that big cuz theyll smell too much already you could smell dog breath lol im soon to get a 70 watt hps but would it stress the plants if i suddenly changed it to a 70

No you can't get it at Walmart.... Failmart wishes it was that cool. They're to busy censoring cds and dvds.:rollit:

I'd have to say I grew in super soil... My first time round. Had issues with my watering schedule, my room friging caught on fire when a chain broke and a light fell. and still had smokeable weed and a good amount of it. Not something you would put in a shop... way to light and fluffy but it was bag seed.. old bag seed.

A sister grow was done with fox farms... Where everything should have gone right... large space, no heat problems, big light, NO FIRES, large containers, etc.

Plagued by bad things... gnats and mold.

I switched to hydro and never looked back. The other person stayed with fox farms for three more grows, got rid of the mold, but the gnats came back every time. She never got as good of a yield as I did, and never came close to what I've gotten since I got wet.

She has now joined be as a hydro enthuse...(indoor... I would grow outside if I could ... in dirt.). She swears that the gnats came with the soil... She's not the only person thats said that to me.

I like Fox Farms organic line of hydroponic nutes...

My advice...

Get a standard bag of Walmart or what ever brand of potting soil... Your looking for a certain three numbers... (I only remember my measurements of grow more) that represent a veg ratio of nitrogen etc in the soil. Water only for up to 4 weeks (ph your soil always), and begin fertilizing with a 1/4 to 1/2 strength solution of fox farms organic hydro nutes.

It's dirt... after the (up to) 4 weeks of water it's less than dirt.. It's medium... you are adding the nutrients for it has little or none of it's own anymore. There fore it's what ever you put in it...

Save your cash.

:peace::rollit:

Of course, I may be a bit partial to hydro.. there are people better with soil than I around here.

^ the soil is a good idea but I would add that you should also purchase some vermiculite/perlite and maybe peat moss to create a soil mixture. This will improve drainage, root growth and nutrient retention. Wallmart should have products like these.

You should grab a cheap ph meter as well if they have one.

yea i need to transplant to soil is organic good without keeping up on nutrients? found a rollie-pollie in one plant i think it popped up cuz i put MG thanks alot guys

hi guys i just wanna know if i could use a 150 watt hps bulb in a 50 watt fixture i know it sounds DUMB but im not really sure anyone know

I'd say no, the 50watt fixture may not withstand the heat a 150watt would produce. You real problem lies within the ballast though. You need the ballast to match the wattage of the bulb. You could not use a 50watt ballast with a 150watt bulb.

Is it possible your 50watt ballast is built into the fixture anyway?

it is i think...thats what i need a 400 how long does it take to start flowering? i had it on 12/12 for 5 days shoul i see hair?

Give it a week or 2 for the plants to take. Make sure there in complete dark for their 12 hours. for 2 weeks you stare at em wondering whats going on... then one day they will just be in flower. Then you play the same waiting game with tricombs.

Are they turning yellow? or just a lighter shade of green? If yellow, (your in soil right?) Flush and when you feed again back off half a step on your nutes. If light green around the edges.. Flush again and next feeding add some seaweed. Again, I ain't the best at diagnosis... hopefully someone else has some good suggestions. :joint:

yea kinda lime green/yellowish and i dont put nutes i used MG once and i mixed pee and water thats really it

Yeah how long has it been since the MG?

I'm betting the girls are starving. Flush... and feed(lightly) since it seems the only thing they are used to is ammonia... Nitro would help (thats where the seaweed came in..) Get a kelp extract of some sort... I can't advise foliar feeding during bloom if you have trichs showing....

God I hope one the soil people help out... I feel lost with all this dirt. I'd probably punch anyone I caught pissing in my reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom