What to mix in soil

What should i use to mix in my soil for nutrition for the beginning? Bat guano maybe?

Well what kind of soil are you starting out with?

careful adding in such things as guano's they can make your soil too hot and reek havoc on your grow through the whole process. I dont like adding anything nutrative to new soil and just stick with the liquid ferts so I have control and can adjust as needed.

In that case, use Miracle Grow Canadian Sphagnum mixed with ~30% perlite. If you can get worm casting, add 20% of that in place of the 20% of the Sphagnum.

Avoid the MG potting soil (or any potting soil with time released nutes). The MG sphagnum & perlite only has starter nutes, which is OK.

:peace:

Harry

25% of perlite
25% of Sphagnum
25% of vermiculite
25% of humus

i have used this kind of soil mix and always gave me good results. Remember only that you´ll need to feed them after the seedling phase. I advice organic feed like bio canna or bio bizz.
hope this helped
cheers

In that case, use Miracle Grow Canadian Sphagnum mixed with ~30% perlite. If you can get worm casting, add 20% of that in place of the 20% of the Sphagnum.

Avoid the MG potting soil (or any potting soil with time released nutes). The MG sphagnum & perlite only has starter nutes, which is OK.

Harry

First, are you guys talking about amending soil? Because I will soon be transplanting from pots for an outdoor grow, and I was wondering myselft what I should use to amend a good, black loamy soil. So, if this discussion is indeed about amending outdoor soil, then I will follow the above advice and thank you.

Secondly, I did use MG potting soil, so I guess that is the reason for the problems detailed in this post. Maybe that's why no one has responded to my post. Sadly, I already had my plants started before I found this forum, so I had no idea that this was the wrong thing to do.

Well, I was really only suggesting that sk8 use the Sphagnum moss + perlite in lieu of any kind of MG potting soil, figuring that most of it has time released nutes. I also figured if he could get the MG potting, the MG sphagnum would be easily accessible. I also, maybe incorrectly, assumed an indoor grow here.

I think if I were growing outdoors, I would turn black cow or chicken poo into the soil and let it sit for a bit before using. Black cow and chicken poo are easy to come by, but worm castings would be great, if you can get em'.

Alternately, you could amend with a good dry organic mix, something like rainbow mix or Fox Farm's dry organics. I've been experimenting with some of the dry Fox Farm's organic nutes to rejuvenate spent medium for recycling. So far, so good with those tests.

atullemas soiless mix sounds good too but if sk8 has found Fox Farm's around, problem solved. :grinjoint:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom