Fox Farms feeding schedule

shades69

This is a hypothetical question.
I was looking at the Fox Farm feeding schedule and I see that they only cover 4 weeks of the 18 hour veg. cycle. Does anyone know what the feeding schedule would be for a 12 week 18 hour veg. cycle?
Thanks for any and all help.

Maybe some more information would help.
This is an indoor grow under t-12 lights. 6500 for the veg and 3000 for the bloom.
18 - 6 for veg and 12 - 12 for the bloom
I'm currently using miracle grow potting soil with Schultz 10-15-10 plant food.
I've been using this combination for over a year now and have been averaging an oz per plant cured.
From reading your journals it looks like I can do better with fox farms soil and nutes.
I'm concerned about the feeding schedule I like to veg my clones for 12 weeks before I bloom and the schedule on their web site only covers 4 weeks, does anyone have any idea about what to do if you want to use their product for longer than the 4 weeks they show?
Do I not use it for the first 8 weeks, or do I use it for the first 4 weeks and then not again, or do I just follow the same schedule they show for 4 weeks for the whole 12 weeks?
Thanks for any help.

Did I ask this question in the wrong area?
I thought fox farm was supposed to be a really good product.
Oh well, I guess miracle grow is better.

I would be very careful with the Fox Farm powdered nutes. They can burn a plant very easily. I would dilute the nutes to half or a third of what Fox Farm recommends, otherwise you risk burning your precious plants. I have also found the same with the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, it can be too hot for some strains, such as New York City Diesel. Read DJ Short's little book "Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis." You're better off using Subcool's super soil in the bottom half of a 5 to 7 gallon bucket. Good luck!

I use fox farms line and it is the shizzle grow big big bloom tiger bloom open seasme beastie blooms and cha ching a little super thrive for good roots and some good ole wholsome molasis and i am very happy with the results so far It is a fairly easy schedule to follow and it works believe me it works.I would recomend this to any first time grower or pro grower alike. my 2 cents

I would be very careful with the Fox Farm powdered nutes. They can burn a plant very easily. I would dilute the nutes to half or a third of what Fox Farm recommends, otherwise you risk burning your precious plants. I have also found the same with the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, it can be too hot for some strains, such as New York City Diesel. Read DJ Short's little book "Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis." You're better off using Subcool's super soil in the bottom half of a 5 to 7 gallon bucket. Good luck!

Have you used the product or are you saying somthing that a friend said that his friends friends sisters cousins babys daddy said? just wondering cause fox farms is great and will give outstanding results when used correctly.FYI anything that is a powderd nute you have to be carful with due to the risk of nute burn.If you ever use it and i recomend you do you will be defending it just like me its a great product period as far as their soil I dont use it I mix my own Eb stones ednas best with a little perilite it works great pound for pound just as good as fox farms but 1\2 the price

I have a question about the fox farm nutes, in the feeding schedule are they suggesting that you use both the solubles and the liquid fertilizer or pick one set of nutes?

Yeah for optimal results use all 6 follow the schedule you wont be dissapointed,but as with any powder fert start with a lower dosage like the open seasme and beastie blooms will call for 1\4 to 1\2 tsp per gallon hit them with only 1\4 then go up to 1\2 per gallon

Fox Farm is powerful use good drainage for sure if you get burn flush! I dilute each strain is different so experiment. I had no trouble with NYC D. and Ocean Forest here in hot azz Colorado. The only problem with her was she stink to dam good. :thumb:

Spider... Whats you ff nute scedule? I have the full line also but fox farms feeding scedule either creates a lockout or a nute burn when i used it 1/2 strentgh im about 1.5 months into veg. Im also using superthrive.. We are feeding the same nutes.. Whats you scedule per gallon? Do you add bushmasters sledgehammer?

Here is a simple Fox Farm Nutrient Schedule that I've been using for my first grow -

Nutrients_Schedule.JPG

It is similar to the nutrient schedule I found on the Fox Farm website, but instead of the 2 feedings a week that Fox Farm recommends, I only feed once a week at the most, on every other watering. As my plants grow, I'll more than likely need to water more frequently, but I'm going to see if one nutrient feeding a week can satisfy my plants' requirements.

No flushing?

Fox Farm schedule recommends flushing, with SeldgeHammer, between weeks 4 & 5, weeks 7 & 8 and weeks 10 & 11. I'm not sure flushing that often is really necessary or helpful even. I'll definitely stop nutrients 2 weeks before harvest and do a slow flush with only water over those 2 weeks. I might flush just before my plants enter the flowering stage. I keep reading about how flushing isn't necessary when going organic. Since I'm using organic soil (with added nutrients 0.10-0.05-0.05) and Big Bloom, which also is organic, I'm not sure how much flushing is needed. I know Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are not organic, but I'm thinking that I will not use any Grow Big during flowering, unless I find it necessary, since Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom (and the soil) do contain some nitrogen. The amount of Tiger Bloom that I'll be using is small so I'm thinking the need for flushing is low. Time will tell.

Fox Farm schedule recommends flushing, with SeldgeHammer, between weeks 4 & 5, weeks 7 & 8 and weeks 10 & 11. I'm not sure flushing that often is really necessary or helpful even. I'll definitely stop nutrients 2 weeks before harvest and do a slow flush with only water over those 2 weeks. I might flush just before my plants enter the flowering stage. I keep reading about how flushing isn't necessary when going organic. Since I'm using organic soil (with added nutrients 0.10-0.05-0.05) and Big Bloom, which also is organic, I'm not sure how much flushing is needed. I know Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are not organic, but I'm thinking that I will not use any Grow Big during flowering, unless I find it necessary, since Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom (and the soil) do contain some nitrogen. The amount of Tiger Bloom that I'll be using is small so I'm thinking the need for flushing is low. Time will tell.

Those are good thoughts and mine are about the same. I'm using FF Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. I only use a fraction of what FF recommends. I mildly flush once a week. I'm also going to flush once a month with Hi Brix Molasses for plants. By flushing I mean watering til a good amount drains out. The roots need to be cleansed periodically as salts can build up. Later in flowering I will use Beastie Bloomz then Cha Ching!

If you are using FF soil, then don't give it any nutrients until week 3 or 4. I use a similar schedule, but only use 1/2 of the recommended nutes.
Good luck!
PS I mixed FF with Coco, 50/50, and my plants loved it!
:cheer:

I use FF soils, all 3 liguid nutes and all 3 granular at full strength as recommended via the feed schedule, and the sledgehammer for a mega flush right before flower.

The only time I don't feed is when the rockwool clones go into 4" pots.....just H20 until I get new growth and at least 3 nodes, but each strain is different so adjust accordingly.

The only problem I see with FF feeding schedule is I can find it on the net and in grower supply mags but none of them contain the same feeding schedule yr to yr.....I just picked one from a 2008 mag and follow it for soil.

to me, FF is the training school for newb growers like myself :high-five:....it's easy, limited number of products to buy and it works.

I used to use Fox Farms nutrients and soil. Now after a lot of research I use Advanced Nutrients and Sunshine Mix #4 soil.

Fox Farms? Never again for me!

Witness the success of my current round of growing here:

There is lots of detail on what I use and why.

Back
Top Bottom