Pax Portable Vaporizer Review

Mucky Pup

Haven't seen a review for this yet so thought I'd add one

I got this about 6 months ago & so far I can't fault it :thumb:

Pic_13_Pax_Vaporizer420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_14_Pax_Vaporizer420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

It's so super stealthy & so easy to use it's laughable :rofl:

I use it a lease once a day & no hassle with the battery so far,holds a charge as good as the day I got it

The bottom comes off & this where the "oven" is.The bowl is a good size & it's so easy to load & empty it

Pic_15_Pax_Vaporizer420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

The mouth piece sit's inside & you push it down & it pops up.Doing this also switches it on

Pic_16_Pax_Vaporizer420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg
Pic_17_Pax_Vaporizer420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

You can pull the mouth piece out & this is where the button is to set the temperature,either high,medium or low

Pic_18_Pax_Vaporizer420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

I find medium setting give me the best flavour & vapor & the flavour is superb :circle-of-love:

The pull through the mouth piece can fell a bit restricted if you pack the bowl too much,so what I do is tip the bottom open with my finger while I'm pulling on it & it then pulls fine :thumb:

Pic_19_Pax_Vaporizer420_Photo_s420_Photo_s.jpg

As well as being easy to load & empty,it's also very,very easy to clean & comes with alcohol wipes & pipe cleaners to do it with.
I've had my mouth piece start sticking so it wouldn't click down into the off potion,but a quick go with the alcohol wipe sorted it out & it was like new again.

The only improvement I would make to this vaporizer is to include a stirring tool,so you could stir the bowl every now & then & a place on the vaporizer to store it.

There's not much else to say apart from this is a great vaporizer & I'd give it a good 5 out of 5.I do have a Di Vinci vaporizer & I don't use it as it's a pain in the arse to use & the taste ain't great compared to the Pax.

I highly recommend this vaporizer :thumb:

I've had my Pax for a year and I love it too -- what a great product. The question I have is, does anyone else get smoke when they use it -- I mean, smoke that you exhale? My understanding is the vaporizer doesn't create smoke, but on the Ploom page, of course, they only talk about tobacco use. I have experimented with the heat settings, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've been using my pax for a year....

And I have a desktop vaporizer that I also use. Every once in a while I smoke a pipe or a bong.... I'm pretty familiar with vaping and smoking... And can def tell the
Difference. That being said.... I've never gotten smoke out of my pax, even with the driest herb and the hottest setting. I keep it clean so if you are getting actual smoke, u may have an issue with the unit... Or maybe it's not clean?

I have a pax that seems to work fine. I use an aerospace 4 stage grinder. Is it good enough grind to get max vapor?

The grind pieces after use are brown which makes it look like the vaping is complete as the taste changes to a more burned taste. I was told to use a coffee grinder which makes smaller size pieces that are supposed to burn more completely. I believe the grinder pieces are small enough for complete burn because they lose all green color and if I crumble the pieces in my hand they look completely burned and have no odor like fresh bud. Am I right?

I fill oven loosely instead of dense packing because I feel I get enough vapor to get a buzz. If I need more I refill oven. I hope I am not throwing away unburned/vaped medicine? :peace:

First week w/ pax. I'm disappointed. I'm a long term pipe smoker. I'm on the high setting. When I draw hard the green light goes off and I never get enough of a hit. Something wrong w/ my Pax?

First week w/ pax. I'm disappointed. I'm a long term pipe smoker. I'm on the high setting. When I draw hard the green light goes off and I never get enough of a hit. Something wrong w/ my Pax?

I agree with you, it does not work too well and it is old vaporizing technology.

I pack my oven rather tight. I push it in with my pinky finger until it sits even with the top leaving just enough room for the oven to properly fit. I usually start on medium, then through high. I let it cool down and use a toothpick to flip the packed bud in the oven over and repeat the process. I get very thick hits from my PAX and it seems to last for a bit as well.

How tight do y'all recommend packing the chamber?

? The PAX website is not responding?
My PAX won't turn from purple(heating), to green(at temp), it turns blue blinks shuts off 99 out of a hundred times.

It has been cleaned thoroughly many times used mouthpiece lube still will not get green light?

I want to return it on warranty and get fixed or a replacement or money back(I'm sure it's too late for that).

Any thoughts, comments appreciated.

Website is loading on my end. They just launched a PAX 2 so that could have taxed a few things. Warranty is 10 years from date of purchase as long as purchased through an approved retailer. I have used my warranty service once and they were great with me!

Thank you I knew about warranty and I submitted a request to customer service, they will help diagnose over the phone then if needed to I will ship it to them.

I will miss the time I don't have it while it is getting repaired.

I hear ya. Me and the fellow Ploom-a-nati's were jokingly discussing a loaner program whilst it was away... They were really quick though! :)

Below are some questions and answers I've had with PAX Pro's:

Are there any other colors/patterns you are noticing while PAX is pulsing purple?
after approx. 5mos of use problem starts
9of10 times off-on-purple-blue-off
rarely off-on-purple-green-blue- off
almost never off-on-purple-green

Do you feel any heat coming from the device by wrapping your hand around the base of the device while it is pulsing purple?
yes warms when purple needs to be turned on repeatedly

When placed on the charging platform, does the LED change from solid orange to green, or anything else?
charges normal orange to green

Any other details you think would be helpful for us to know?

I tried using alcohol to clean where the mouthpiece connects, and tried to make work without lube then tried with lube. no change.
Have tried tapping gently? and moving pax in many directions?, thinking the motion sensing? or electrical contact loose inside?
when heating when purple tried to reach max heat to see if resin is causing clip to not move properly?
I can see clasp inside top hole and seems to move in/out ok?

Back
Top Bottom