G Pen and the new G Coil

Calyx Hunter

Dabbing and vaporizer pens, all the cool kids are doing it...

Here is my review of the G Pen by Grenco Science

I have been using it for about a year. I started with the original G Tank with wick that it comes with. Upon opening the box I was completely confused. The directions were rediculously vague. Luckily there is YouTube. I knew to research it before I fired it up or I would've burnt it up immediately like alot of people do.
I had to remove the silicone plug that I think holds the wick down for shipping
Before firing it up even once I soaked the wick with the highest quality Hash Oil I could find
It fired up perfectly and gave huge rips
I would then load with shadder or wax and my original G Tank still works to this day
Pros: Discrete, doesn't leave you wreaking of pot, gets you high as a mofo, convenient, best sneak a toke ever
Cons: No instructions, must reload after two or 3 hits, the wicks do not work well with heavier concentrates, clogs way too easy, it is SUPER frustrating when it clogs, I feel like I have to clean it more than I get to smoke from it,

The Glass Tank
It is more expensive so it should be an improvement right? Wrong! What a POS! The glass cyclinders crack and crumble if you look at them wrong. Having to pull the mouthpiece off every two hits to reload causes a million chances to break the cylinder. I guarantee you will break the glass cyclinder eventually. I am a very careful person and I went through 4 glass cylinders in two weeks. The damn coil broke and stopped working less than a month after first use. My wife busted hers on the very first load by snapping the coil with dab tool.
Pros: larger bowl
Cons: weak glass tubes, mouthpiece got loose and would fall out of the filter assembly, clogged easily, constantly needed cleaning

The new G Coil
I just got it from the 2014 Denver Cannabis Cup G Pen booth
It is awesome!!!! It is a vast improvement over the first two attempts. It is simple to load and smoke. Just dump some concentrates into the larger bowl press the button and rip! The airflow has been greatly improved and it's almost like taking a dab. The filter assembly in the mouthpiece does clog after a bit. It is easily cleaned by heating it with a lighter then just holding it upright and touching the screen with a paper towel. The oil turns more liquid when heated and will absorb into the paper towel. Fat rips again!
Pros: fun, simple, discrete, convenient, fat rips, gets you hiiiiiiiigh, easy to unclog and clean
Cons: have to load it every two or three rips, I'm constantly unscrewing it to look and see if it needs to be reloaded

d106.JPG

c141.JPG

b154.JPG

a196.JPG

Happy toking my friends
Spread the love

Back
Top Bottom