Pax 2 vs Quick Draw 500 DLX Review

The Pax 2 is a little bit smaller than my Quick Draw (4" vs 5"). The vape feels smooth and it was easier to figure out how to operate than the Pax 2 although I must admit that that was mainly because the Pax website had way more information and operating instructions on it than the one for the Quick Draw did. And, that was the second thing that made learning this one easier. I had previously found better instructions for the Quick Draw on the Vaporizers Price Comparison In One Click! website so I checked out the review for the Pax 2 there and together with the instructions on the Pax website, figuring out how to use the Pax 2 was pretty easy.

I charged it for an hour or so before using it. The charger is a magnetic USB charger but I didn't love it. The magnet wasn't strong enough to hold the vaporizer securely and I can see this definitely being a problem. I don't know about the rest of you but we seem to have a gazillion things to charge these days. I bought a charging station from Amazon that has 8 outlets and 4 USB slots and now I'm thinking I should bought one with way more USB slots.

It feels a lot warmer when I'm using it than the Quick Draw does; in fact, a lot warmer than any of our vaporizers (we also have the Mighty and the Arizer Solo).

The Pax comes with 2 mouthpieces, a raised one and one that is flush with the top. So far, I've only used the raised mouthpiece (the photo below shows the vaporizer with the two different mouthpieces) and, it got really, really warm so I put my mouth around the whole top of the vaporizer. I'll have to try the flat one to see if it helps. The Pax website said this about the mouthpieces getting so warm:

[FONT=&amp]
Any heat that you are experiencing via the mouthpiece comes from the warm vapor you are inhaling, not the mouthpiece itself. You can minimize the amount of heat coming from the mouthpiece by drawing slower, and ensuring your lips are fully placed around the mouthpiece opening.

[/FONT]
pax-2-vaporizer.jpg

Turning it on and heating it up is both easy and fast. Overall, I think it could very easily become one of my daily portable vaporizers. I currently use my Quick Draw for my pain meds but I told my husband that I wish I had another portable one for my purse which I could use for my anti-anxiety meds since the pain meds and the anti-anxiety meds aren't necessarily the same and the Pax could well be the solution.

FINAL NOTES

Pros:
  • It's light and small - very portable for a purse or a pocket.
  • It's easy to use.
  • It feels good/comfortable in my hand.
  • It heats up quickly.
  • It comes with its own cleaning kit.
  • It has a 10-year warranty.

Cons:

• The mouthpiece is too warm for comfort.
  • The magnetic charging dock.

meh .... I got my knock-off G pen Elite direct from the china factory for $40. Yup, forty dollars. It's 5 stars device for that money. 1 charge gets me baked all day. .5g oven. nice brown duff in the end not charred or green bits. ceramic chamber, variable temps ... yea that's what a "almost-decent" vape is all about.

I suppose buying a proper vape has it's advantageous to someone who doesn't have weed as their hobby but rather a successful canna business. I'd splash out on a real good vape some day when I'm making money in the legal weed market like you pros out there :riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom