Is The Volcano Worth $650 With A Starter Set?

Totallydude

Hey guys, I'm only a teen and don't have that much money. I live in holland and there's a shop about 20 minutes away from my house that's selling the volcano with a starter set included. But it costs $650 dollars (480 euros) and I'm not sure whether it's worth THAT much. I think it's the classic one and I think it only comes with a three year warranty.
Thanks guys, peace :)

Probably not going to get much help posting that your only a teen, I hope by saying "TEEN", you mean 18. If I were you, I would edit your post if your not at least 18, or at least specify you are of age buddy if you are in fact 18 or older!!! Good luck anyhow......

Probably not going to get much help posting that your only a teen, I hope by saying "TEEN", you mean 18. If I were you, I would edit your post if your not at least 18, or at least specify you are of age buddy if you are in fact 18 or older!!! Good luck anyhow......

thanks alot for that mate. where I come from a teen is anyone whose age has 'teen' at the end. I'm 19, actually. -_-

Same here bro, it just sounds like your under age saying teen rather than 19. No harm done buddy and I wasn't trying to make you feel unwelcome, I know this is the place for answers if your looking for one...Good luck to you and hope you find what you need from this awesome bunch of Greenthumb's on this site!!:thumb::goodluck:

The only difference is the temperature setting. The Classic has the dial, and the Digital, is just that - a nice digital readout to set your temp. I have the digital and found it nice to either vary the temp based on desired effect or to "hone in" on the temp I mostly use (385*F). While expensive, I think the Volcano is the best for consistent vapor. YMMV.

:peace:

I paid $450 for my Classic Volcano (dial temp) on Ebay, was basically brand new, & I love it, so do all my peeps when I take it to parties! They are worth the money!!!

"worth it" is a matter of opinion. I doubt you will find anyone who, if they had an extra $500+ to throw around, wouldn't want one of these babies. They are, for bag vapes, the best.

That being said, if you aren't filling up bag after bag.. The more moderately priced bag vapes will do the job. I have a vapir one, which has a digital read out also. The temperatures fluctuate more, and the build quality isnt AS good, but it is still quite good. I have heard of people using them in more.. Party like uses (LONG LONG times of it being on) and them having parts melt. I have had no problems, but I never fill more than two bags for medicating.

If you don't mind going with a whip vape you can get the same or better quality vapor (in my opinion, better) for cheaper. However, you can also burn your meds this way, which tastes *deity* awful.

With the bag vapes you are paying for extra mechanical features, like what pumps the vapor into the bag, and they won't literally BURN your meds on accident. In other words, you are paying for convenience of not having to actively hold and control your meds distance and time next to the heating element.

No one will argue wither volcano is the best bag vape. It is. Worth it when there are other options though? It is up to you and what your individual needs are. Hope this was helpful.

I've used a herbalAire for years, and considering the 3 yr. warranty, great customer service, and deals available for around $175, I see no reason to even get the 'cano Classic at $539. The brand has been way overpriced for years now, compared to the competition. The Extreme and Oracle are also cheaper options I'd go with for bag fill. The Zephyr Ion would be another excellent option, if US Customs hadn't shut them down a while back.

I have accuracy issues with my Extreme Q. It's temp readout is inaccurate on even the latest model. If you have a Q Turn it on and when it hits 374 vape it. Then turn it down to 320 F for 20 minutes, and you can turn the fan on to blow a bag right away after the 20 minutes and 320 degrees will blow out 3 good bags, and you can keep upping the temp not knowing what all you're truly releasing.
You also get a plastic like taste from the Q. The Volc uses a heat pump and doesnt get any wiring close to the airway but then again I have never tried a Volcano.

I prefer "whip" style vaporizors vs. the bag style, personally. My favorite is the Silver Surfer by 7th Floor. If I went with bag style, it would be the Volcano.

My breathing is better and my asthma less affected when I vape. Here's a good sponsor for anyone thinking of taking the plunge:

VaporStore - The Original Online Vaporizer Vapor Store

Best vaporizer in the world, hands down, worth every penny. If you see them for $100, most likely they are a pirated knockoff copy, not manufactured by Storz & Bickel and will probably have plastic parts inside, instead of stainless steel parts that have no burn off. Buying a $100 Volcano, could result in you inhaling extremely dangerous chemicals, resulting in Cancer, brain conditions and even possible death as a result. :Namaste:
Order them online much cheaper. My friend got one for like $100 usd. Works great, comes with a digital dial for temp, two tubes, glass bowl, few screens, and glass mouth piece.

I just got a Digital Volcano with the easy valve set and 4 balloons used off Ebay for $400 it appears it was most likely just used a few times. It seems to be of very high quality I feel it was worth every penny!

For anyone reading this I'd also chime in and say that the Volcano may not be your best choice. My wife has always liked the volcano and for the sake of her health I'm glad she's using it.

However it may depend on whether you are using cannabis medicinally or recreationally. If recreationally it's good for parties and stuff like that because the volcano will generate clouds of vapor all day long. Forget portability with the volcano.

Not so with the Crafty (Also by S&B) which I'd highly recommend for most medical patients who, like me, are not in the habit of partying. It travels in a pocket pretty easily. It delivers a denser faster, tastier, cooler vapor then the volcano. It's also the most economical product I've used. I got a high dose very quickly. I had to like down for a while it hit me so hard.

I wasn't paranoid I was just a bit too woozy to be upright and enjoy it as fully as lying down. Many of you probably know exactly what I mean.

I have never used another portable vaporizer, powered by electricity, that tastes as fine for so long throughout the extraction process. It's also dense vapor so things happen way faster than with the volcano. You'd have to push the volcano closer to combustion to get what the Crafty does at the surprisingly low temp around 180 C. The flavor has such a distinct quality that I've never received from any other vaporizer. I also felt that my lungs were getting much less in the way of unwanted particulate while delivering the densest cleanest vapor I've tasted.

It warms up much faster, goes in a pocket, is really light, and easy to use. But the thing that I bought it for was due to a friends description of his experience of using one. One other thing I wanted to mention is the distinctness of the flavor profile. I've never been able to load up such dense lungfuls of vapor without feeling heat and the subsequent breakdown of the vaporization process where you're working too hard just to get the necessary level of medication.

I know it sounds like I'm getting paid for this. Actually I just got the thing today and I was more blown away by it than I expected to be. Which is kinda what I was hoping for but didn't want to hope for too much and be let down. Have you ever used the phrase "got my ass kicked" when discover you've been just a little too enthusiastic about getting a decent dose?

For those who need a portable this must be the best because it is so much better than the ... I'm not in a mood to criticize other brands. I have tried several top winners in the personal vaporizer lineup, and for bud, this Crafty outshines them all. I've yet to try oil or or wax with the Crafty. I'm still a little scared of it after the way it hit me this afternoon when I first used it.

My migraine left lickety split and has not shown any signs of returning. Nor did I need any complimentary meds of the mainstream variety. I needed something that would hit fast and hard. I got more than I needed and at least as much as I wanted for now and I hope some years to come.

Also it's almost half the price of the volcano. So if you don't need to get lotsa people high and you want a really great high quality unit this may be the one for you too.

Mod: Please PM me if you're thinking of deleting my post as I'm a real contributor who has no agenda to sell anything here. I can also rip inferior products apart but this one really is hard to over praise. I think it could easily retail for 299 or 279 and it would outsell every other portable while possibly being even more profitable by acquiring market share more rapidly.

However German and American sensibilities are different with the former typically taking a more sustainable and conservative approach looking to keep margins high and keep a large warchest. I think they'd rather have a smaller slice of the market that they serve with quality that both parties believe justifies the cost. They are reported to have unmatched service. I've never had to use it.

Anyway I hope this helps anyone making the choice for a S&B product. IMO They are the Apple of Vaporizer mfg'rs.

New to vaping and in the market for a vaporizer and heard good things about Silver Surfer but don't want to deal with their horror show customer service team. Volcano seems a bit more in my price range but I was wondering if this is the same as the classic Volcano everyone's mentioning so highly here? Or is the digital a different deal altogether. If so, is the general consensus that the digital model is a good deal too?

Best vaporizer in the world, hands down, worth every penny. If you see them for $100, most likely they are a pirated knockoff copy, not manufactured by Storz & Bickel and will probably have plastic parts inside, instead of stainless steel parts that have no burn off. Buying a $100 Volcano, could result in you inhaling extremely dangerous chemicals, resulting in Cancer, brain conditions and even possible death as a result. :Namaste:
He mentioned a glass bowl and tubes, not sure that his friend has a Volcano.

I have a Volcano and I love it. I don't know that I would pay $650 for it, I actually paid about half that for mine used but in great condition. People take issue with the initial price tag, but mine paid for itself within the first two months of ownership just in the amount of herb it conserved versus combustion.

I'm pretty sold on Volcano from word-of-mouth, too. I think I might just save some cash and go for the classic model as opposed to the digital.

Back
Top Bottom