I have an Iolite how bout you?

demp5294

Great for personal use. Butane heated but doesn't come in contact with the bud is controlled @ 190c it's the size of a smartphone have only had it about 6-7 months low maintenance.

Re: I have a Iolite how bout you?

Yah i have one too..im sad to report that is had stopped working in the first week...the butane fill valve always leaked..even if tank was never over filled...its only a 2 count to fill....i know....the amount of gas released after a few uses was so little that the bowl couldnt reheat or stay lite at all....then the lighting of it......without a certain amount of butane released for ignition...it just wont lite...so with nobody taking this product back as a dog im stuck with a broken one now....and the fucking company is in Ireland or someshit....i dont recomend Iolite ever...pay the money for the better ones....cause this is a 150-200 dollar loss...

Yah i have one too..im sad to report that is had stopped working in the first week...the butane fill valve always leaked..even if tank was never over filled...its only a 2 count to fill....i know....the amount of gas released after a few uses was so little that the bowl couldnt reheat or stay lite at all....then the lighting of it......without a certain amount of butane released for ignition...it just wont lite...so with nobody taking this product back as a dog im stuck with a broken one now....and the fucking company is in Ireland or someshit....i dont recomend Iolite ever...pay the money for the better ones....cause this is a 150-200 dollar loss...

Wow! that is fucked up.Not sure how long a 2 count is check the butane your using they say it makes a difference if you have a head shop by you take it there. They may have seen your problem before.

Yah demps you know i was so upset when it wouldnt work after a few times..the company never responded to anythin i sent them...sux i might have gotten a lemon...ive seen them at my smoke shop for 140 bux now so at least the price has come down...wonder why...there disposable...ha peace amigo..

I have only used an iolite once, but own a Solo and absolutely love it. I personally like that it doesn't rely on butane to run and with it charged up, I can use it periodically throughout the day. Plus with the glass vapor path it tastes great with every draw. I have seen the new WISPRs that are available from iolite, does anyone know how they differ from the prior models?

I have only used an iolite once, but own a Solo and absolutely love it. I personally like that it doesn't rely on butane to run and with it charged up, I can use it periodically throughout the day. Plus with the glass vapor path it tastes great with every draw. I have seen the new WISPRs that are available from iolite, does anyone know how they differ from the prior models?

My Solo is a box type and plugs in. To easy to burn the weed it's temp is in F and hard to control as opposed to Iolite which is set @190C The only real difference I see can see the butane level has a window for size the Iolite is better. :peace:

My Solo is a box type and plugs in. To easy to burn the weed it's temp is in F and hard to control as opposed to Iolite which is set @190C The only real difference I see can see the butane level has a window for size the Iolite is better. :peace:

Your Solo sounds like a cheap generic box vape, not to be confused with the Arizer Solo, which is a portable and has a good warranty.

The WISPR has a fold down silicone stem/mouthpiece, making for a better size than the iolite in that respect. Even with the mouthpiece extended, there's little difference in size. I can still fit the WISPR in my shirt pocket, although adding some tubing to lengthen the vapor path doesn't work well, since the silicone isn't stiff enough. The WISPR gets to vaping temp quicker, puts out thicker hits, and a full tank of butane lasts longer. It's better than the iolite, but you pay a lot for the upgrade.

Well you are right my solo is one the cheap ones but than I can be cheap so I looked around and found the Arizer Solo on Amazon for 160.00 free shipping can't wait till it comes.

Yeah, they're cheap on Amazon. The original version has a ceramic coating in the bowl/stem area. If that's what you get, watch out for flaking with the ceramic. You can return it to Arizer and they should replace it with the newer stainless steel version.

Hey demp5294, Hope you had a better time with the iolite! I can say u need to empty and refill a few times with Vector 5Xs refined butane and see how it works. Always wait 5 minutes after you fill before using. Also it seems to work better if you wait at least 1 minute before igniting after it is on. Mine has worked great since 4-20-11.

KC

Yeah, they're cheap on Amazon. The original version has a ceramic coating in the bowl/stem area. If that's what you get, watch out for flaking with the ceramic. You can return it to Arizer and they should replace it with the newer stainless steel version.

I guess I got the old type but this thing is still AWESOME !!! :peace:

Hey demp5294, Hope you had a better time with the iolite! I can say u need to empty and refill a few times with Vector 5Xs refined butane and see how it works. Always wait 5 minutes after you fill before using. Also it seems to work better if you wait at least 1 minute before igniting after it is on. Mine has worked great since 4-20-11.

KC

One minute to let gas flow before lighting it don't try that with a gas stove the smell of burning hair comes to mind.I think the same thing could happen!!! I'll look around and see if anybody by me sell it. :peace:

i have lots of different ones. the arizer extreme q is awesome, my fav so far, but still need an mobile solution that works as good as this one. iolite 2.0 and arizer solo are on the way :)

They are both great I use both of them. When i'm out i'll take the Iolite just seems more portable. At home i'll use the solo with the glass and all,but then still like to smoke some every now and then. Don't know alot of people who vaporize people resit change even if it's better for them.

They are both great I use both of them. When i'm out i'll take the Iolite just seems more portable. At home i'll use the solo with the glass and all,but then still like to smoke some every now and then. Don't know alot of people who vaporize people resit change even if it's better for them.

why not taking the solo with you?! i've bought it as a mobile solution :/

I use to, but found the solo was had more moving part to keep track of where with Iolite charge it with gas load the bowl it will stay in one piece the size like a cell phone in your pocket also when I'm high I tend to break glass stuff so I use the solo before I'll go out,and load the Iolite for when out.That works best for me.

Back
Top Bottom