My Davinci Vaporizer Review

xivyx420

I hope this is the right place for this [Smilie]

The davinci is my first vaporizer and I really like it.

I am an avid smoker and had heard about vaping and the pros, so I thought I would give it a try

I looked at the Arize and Iolite, then saw some buzz about the davinci on GC. My intrigue got the better of me and I decided to order.

The davinci arrived fast and came in a nice tin box, wrapped with a cardboard sleeve. I took off the sleeve and opened the box and there it was. I had seen pictures of it, but saw one looking up at me. At first glance, it looked like a walkie talkie. I took it out of the box and it felt "heavy". I didn't know what to expect, but am glad it wasn't a cheap piece of plastic (I had read some bad reviews of other vapes). There was a black foam form holding it and the straw. The straw screws into the top. I screwed it in and I'm generally not one to read manuals, but figured in this case, I had just spent $250. I wasn't going to break it or screw it up right out of the box.

The top foam part lifted out and underneath was the charger, manual, some extra screens and 2 little barrels.

The unit was already charged when I got it, so I didn't have to wait any longer, which was awesome

I opened the lid on the davinci and looked into the chamber. It looked sort of small. Under the lid was a brush that slid out and a little rubber (silicone?) door with a small compartment behind it.

Under the lid, where the straw goes, was another chamber that unscrewed. I figured I'd try to top chamber since the bottom one looked like it might be harder to clean.

I turned the unit on and then turned on the heating element. I then realized i should probably load it up first. So turned off the heating element and put some of my grinds in the top chamber and screwed the lid on.

I set the temperature to 365 and watched it heat up in about a minute or so (was fast!). There was a "smell" of warmth. That kind of smell when you turn on a heater when it hasn't been running for awhile. I took a draw off the straw and didn't really feel anything. Being new to vaping, I wasn't sure if this was normal of it was an overhyped practice thing.

So, I took another really big draw. I felt something them. There was some smoke (vapor?) for the first 2 draws. I'm not sure if that's normal for a new vaporizer or not.

I sat it down and waited a little bit and started feeling the effects kick in. It was really pleasant and nice. I took a couple more draws. I was in heaven. haha

I decided it was time to take a break. I came back to the unit after watching some TV and realized I'd left it on. I was worried the battery would be dead, but surprisingly the unit had shut off. I fired it back up to finish off the load and after a couple more draws, it felt "lesser". I figured it was done.

I turned off the unit and dumped out the grinds and to my joy, they were slightly brown, but not burnt. I also noticed I didn't have this little heaviness in my lungs I sometimes get from a big bowl.

I tried it a couple more times over the next few days and kept it charged fully because I was nervous about the battery running out.

There are a couple small cons with the davinci and I feel I should talk about those in the interest of a full review.

I didn't use the little barrels, but can see where someone else might. I was just figuring it might someone decrease the buzz. I also found it gets kind of warm to the touch after a lot of use. I guess this is normal for vaporizers?

I would also like some sort of battery replacement. It has 3 internal lithium ion batteries, but I'm concerned about possibly needing to replace them and if it's going to cost me, etc.

A car charger would be nice. I'd like to take my davinci camping next weekend, but worried that the battery will die on me and I'll be SOL.

With those small cons aside, I'd highly recommend the davinci vaporizer to anyone knew to vaping or even the veterans looking for a new piece to add to their collection.

Sorry this was so long, but I hope that this can help anyone looking to pick one up :thumb:

It says in the manual you can use the upper chamber, but it takes forever to pull any vapor. The DaVinci sucks IMO. I could never get a consistent temp out of it. My buddy has one he got last year and I thought it was great! I finally broke down and bought one 3 weeks ago and it's already crapped out! I called and spoke to Angelina over at Karma, and I was told I would get a call back in 48 hours. I never did. I sent 2 emails with a video of my problem and still no response! I think they started out great, got them selves some good rep, and now they're just riding that wave and don't care anymore. I read so many great things too (product, customer service)... My problem is starting to appear more from what I see online.

Red blink of death. You turn on the power, and it just blinks red like the battery is dead, but it has full power. Won't heat up at all or creeps up a little above room temp?

The blunt2 looks promising? Need to try to find some reviews on that.

Glad you like it & get on with it :thumb:

But for me I found it leaked air around the lid so you didn't get much pure vapor & it had a slight rubbery taste to the vapor as well.I think this comes from a rubber seal around the top of the oven.I bought one mainly for the fact you can vaporize oil & hash in it as well as herb,but found it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I bought a Pax portable vape & I've not been disappointed with it.But I am saving up for the new Cera portable vape that's come out.

Hi...I have a da Vinci and a magic flight box...the da Vinci mouthpiece tubes [2] came apart within a few days..so had to return them which is a real hassle from Spain to America ...also the davinci needs a lot of cleaning and is very awkward to clean gets pretty hot when using too..vape wise it's ok but not any better than flight box which IMO is so much better easy cleaning same hit..heats in 3seconds rather than 2min..cools right away when you release battery function saving burning herb...and is very very much cheaper and stealthier...size of a match box..take anywhere in pocket...if I had to choose between them..magic flight hands down...also there's another one on the market now which looks great and cheap with brilliant Swiss workmanship it's called vapman...check out vapman site see it getting built..this will be the next one I buy even just for the workmanship at the price.

how is the davinci compared to the arizer solo? I'm very curious about that. is it better or is the arizer better?

Back
Top Bottom