How Do You Know When It's All Vaped Out

Muttt

I recently caught my wifes cold. Sore throat and the snot holes in the back of the throat hurt. Anyway, I was toying around with the idea of getting a vaporizor since it may not hurt my throat as much. But, I was wondering how you know when it's all used up?? It's easy to figure out when smoking a bowl. Can someone help with the learning curve.

Yeah, it turns brown, and tastes like popcorn. A hot air vaporizer , or herbal aromatherapy machine is a safe,smart,and sound alternative to plant combustion. Hot air extraction, like steam extractions, which have been done for thousands of years has proven to be a superior method of extraction essential plant oils. The boiling point of THC being about ~315 F, and other cannbinoids a little higher at ~ 350 F, which is about ~160 C and ~ 210 C respectively. By heating the plant material above 200 C , it is possible to extract carcinogenic organic compounds such as benzene, and toulene ( hence smoking isn't good for you ). The act of distilling a plant, and separating compounds based off different boiling points, and using its psychoactive ingredient has been done for thousands of years, just the fact is the autoignition temperature of paper ( similar to hemp ) is about 850 F, or 350 C, this is a very large difference which obviously leads to the breakdown of many other cancer causing agents.

The fact technology is where it is today, and allows for a cost effiecient, and over-all efficient mechanism for extracting the active ingredient, THC, is an over-whelming reason to stop inhaling combustion products, and aim for a cleaner mode of ingestion.

Now, there are a few cannabinoids that do exist in the plant matter, but these are not "clean" cannabinoids. However, some people say that, when your vape bowl is done (you'll know), that theoretically the left-overs could be used for baking edibles, but I'm not sure.

I smoked fat RooR rips for about 5 years straight, and believe me there was nothing like it. But I'm sure glad I'm not combusting anymore. Vapors are the way to go!:420:

I do really like the taste mmmmm ....... well most of the time anyway.

So, in a nutshell, don't heat set your vaporizer's temperature above 200 C to avoid the carcinogenic organic compounds?

Additionally, how does one know for certain whether their vaporizers are calibrated properly? I've no clue whether the two vaporizers that I have are actually heating the leaf I put in them at the temperature shown in the digital readout?

I set aside my vaporizers because I found that the effects I wanted from the vaporizer was not working as well as when I used a pipe, bong, or joint. I'd like to start using my vaporizers again, but I have grown tired of trying to find the right temperature to set the vaporizer to so that I get the best results from vaporizing.

Hope I can get some good tips!

FYI: I have a Vapir One and an Arizer Extreme Q--both good vaporizers--I think.

So, in a nutshell, don't heat set your vaporizer's temperature above 200 C to avoid the carcinogenic organic compounds?

Additionally, how does one know for certain whether their vaporizers are calibrated properly? I've no clue whether the two vaporizers that I have are actually heating the leaf I put in them at the temperature shown in the digital readout?

I set aside my vaporizers because I found that the effects I wanted from the vaporizer was not working as well as when I used a pipe, bong, or joint. I'd like to start using my vaporizers again, but I have grown tired of trying to find the right temperature to set the vaporizer to so that I get the best results from vaporizing.

Hope I can get some good tips!

FYI: I have a Vapir One and an Arizer Extreme Q--both good vaporizers--I think.

Sorry for the misconception, the temperature of the heating element does not equate to the temperature of the vaporization. There may be a 10-20 degree difference. So a little higher depending on the moisture content should be OK, like 200 should be OK for the set temp. Also, I use the Extreme Q, and it is by far the best purchase I've made, very efficient, and much more cost-effective versus a volcano, The only difference is the mouth peice! Glass versus plastic, lol.

You can look up the boiling point of various organic compounds to see what temperature you would require to extract different cannabinoids. But generally, if the plant matter is heated to above 200 C, than there is a chance of extracting unwanted compounds.

Haven't tried the Vapir One. Anyway, Vape up!

:420:
~RL

Hey, RL, thanks for the quick response!!!

I'll give it a go, and pay more attention to whether the leaf is moist or not, which I didn't pay as close attention to when setting the temperature.

It is key for me, I believe, to be certain to extract CBNs when vaporizing. Seems to me that I read that CBNs aid in sleep, which is key to treating my insomnia.

I do use edibles in the evening before bedtime, and take a few tokes as well before putting my head on the pillow.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying out my Extreme Q again.

Cheers,

JP :peace:

Got my Magic Flight Launch Box in the mail today. Such an excellent easy to use peice. It works so much better than I expected. And, it makes my dope much much better.

I figured out when it's done ...... it don't vape no more. Now I same it up in a mason jar. Gonna try cooking with it.

Hey, Mutt,

When you get to cooking with the used products from your vaping, let us know how it works for you. I've quite a bit saved up in a jar, but have been reluctant to cook with it for some reason.

If you get good results, I'd then give it a go as well.

Cheers,

JP

I recently purchased a vapir one vaporizer and have to say that although I enjoyed the cleaner feeling of the vape buzz, I am still partial to my sour zong. Here are in my opinion the pros and cons of the vapir one (can't speak to the pros and cons of others)

Pros
-Less carcinogens (if any)
-Less smell (i live in a highrise so this is somewhat important)
-Much headier buzz that settles right behind the eyes (very active)
-Vapor bags are portable and good for a few hours after they have been filled.

Cons
-Time! Takes me at least 7 minutes to set it up and get to desired heat (not including time to fill bag)
-Temp fluctuation (after heating you have to insert bud cartridge, this drops the temp at least 20 degrees)
-Lack of body high (this is good and bad, vape to start the day, bong to end it)

Has anyone experienced similar results to mine? I love the vapir one, but I don't know if I love the $200 I spent on it. Any suggestions to make the vapir one my new go to?

aloha all vapor's, I have a probably dumb question to ask. I got a vaporizer from a friend so it came with no instructions. My question, there is a glass pipe looking thing that I guess I put a screen in it, fill it and then slide it on the part that protrudes out of the base that heats up. how do I keep the weed from touching the heated thing and com busting? I will take a picture of it and maybe one of you guys have one like or similar to mine. Also it is very hard to get a screen in the glass pipe part.
Vaporizer_5_.JPG
[/url]

Greetings, Magicdood!

Yes. I concur with your findings regarding the type of buzz you get from vaporizing versus smoking.

I also agree with your regarding how it's a bit more time-consuming to set up a vaporizer than filling a pipe bowl and putting a match (I use hempwick) to it.

I became a bit frustrated with it as well--I wasn't certain whether the plant material was spent and I'd continue to try to vaporizer the spent material. I'd sit there waiting to see if I was actually getting high and then realize I wasn't. Then I'd refill the vaporizer (I have an Extreme Q from Arizer and a Vapir One) and try vaporizing again.

I've not used the whip very much. I thought I'd give that a go this afternoon.

I was wondering though if it's best to use the fan with the whip or leave it off. With the Extreme Q, there's a remote that controls the fan.

One thing for me is if I can manage to figure this out (like you, Magicdood, the body buzz is key for me too)--how to use my vaporizer better so that I get better results--it'd be much better for me to do so. This is because I've been coughing quite a bit more this summer. I think my allergies have been worse this summer, and I've been smoking a lot more. Not good!

Anyway, I'm going back to my vaporizer for another try.

Plan B is to use more edibles and tinctures if this doesn't work out!

Peace,

JP

aloha all vapor's, I have a probably dumb question to ask. I got a vaporizer from a friend so it came with no instructions. My question, there is a glass pipe looking thing that I guess I put a screen in it, fill it and then slide it on the part that protrudes out of the base that heats up. how do I keep the weed from touching the heated thing and com busting? I will take a picture of it and maybe one of you guys have one like or similar to mine. Also it is very hard to get a screen in the glass pipe part.

Hello Sunnyside, sorry to say, the design of that particular vaporizer is like that. Yes you will place a screen, and then put the herb, but it should be packed in enough it doesnt touch the heating element. If it does touch the element, it will not combust (unless over 230 C ) which I typically don't recommend above 200. ( I use 210 for hash ). You will need to look up the instruction manual for your specific vaporizer. Sorry I couldn't help more. I know it was free, but I recommend the Extreme-Q

Greetings, Magicdood!

Yes. I concur with your findings regarding the type of buzz you get from vaporizing versus smoking.

I also agree with your regarding how it's a bit more time-consuming to set up a vaporizer than filling a pipe bowl and putting a match (I use hempwick) to it.

I became a bit frustrated with it as well--I wasn't certain whether the plant material was spent and I'd continue to try to vaporizer the spent material. I'd sit there waiting to see if I was actually getting high and then realize I wasn't. Then I'd refill the vaporizer (I have an Extreme Q from Arizer and a Vapir One) and try vaporizing again.

I've not used the whip very much. I thought I'd give that a go this afternoon.

I was wondering though if it's best to use the fan with the whip or leave it off. With the Extreme Q, there's a remote that controls the fan.

One thing for me is if I can manage to figure this out (like you, Magicdood, the body buzz is key for me too)--how to use my vaporizer better so that I get better results--it'd be much better for me to do so. This is because I've been coughing quite a bit more this summer. I think my allergies have been worse this summer, and I've been smoking a lot more. Not good!

Anyway, I'm going back to my vaporizer for another try.

Plan B is to use more edibles and tinctures if this doesn't work out!

Peace,

JP

Yes it takes a few mins to warm up the element, also should let the herbs heat for 5-10 mins before vaping.I wouldn't use the fan with the whip. The whip is much more leisurely, you can puff when you want, you can take a break mid-bowl and it'll be fine. Ingestion of any drug takes the body 20 minutes or so to obtain the full effect, yes this isnt a bong rip so it takes longer. The better bud in the vape the longer it lasts. Also, after vaping enough herb through the whip, a crude THC oil develops as a product of extraction, and can be collected and utilized at a later point. Experiment with diff. temps. based off the texture, and consistency of the bud.

Extreme Q> All (imho)

~RL

Yes it takes a few mins to warm up the element, also should let the herbs heat for 5-10 mins before vaping.I wouldn't use the fan with the whip. The whip is much more leisurely, you can puff when you want, you can take a break mid-bowl and it'll be fine. Ingestion of any drug takes the body 20 minutes or so to obtain the full effect, yes this isnt a bong rip so it takes longer. The better bud in the vape the longer it lasts. Also, after vaping enough herb through the whip, a crude THC oil develops as a product of extraction, and can be collected and utilized at a later point. Experiment with diff. temps. based off the texture, and consistency of the bud.

Extreme Q> All (imho)

~RL

Hey, RL,

Thanks for the tips!!! I have done what you said before--let the herb warm a bit, but never as long as you mentioned--5 to 10 minutes. I will give that a try. I just got my stuff (my Extreme Q) set and am ready to go. I will report back here with my findings.

Peace,

JP

Hey, RL,

Thanks for the tips!!! I have done what you said before--let the herb warm a bit, but never as long as you mentioned--5 to 10 minutes. I will give that a try. I just got my stuff (my Extreme Q) set and am ready to go. I will report back here with my findings.

Peace,

JP

I sometimes let it sit for 15-30 minutes before puffing, the first and second hits typically extract a lot more into the vapor that way, and makes for a couple of nice and medicating hits. Typically I'm in no real rush to get high, but if I am, I can turn it up to 230, or more just to heat it quicker, than take it back down to 190-200 and power puff it, But the best idea is to let the herbs warm up, and some of the aromatic oils, and flavors will start propagating, thats why the first hit will be the most plentiful with the extraction.

Also, I used to use the bag, and I guess it's good if you are with lots of friends, but I'm just generally more of a fan of using the whip. The whip actually acts as a decent length distillation column, it provides an increasingly cooler region for the hot vapors to condense. When they do condense ( if you have vaped enough herb ), a dark, mahogany/yellow oil will begin to flow. This method of extracting is very similar to the traditional way of extracting plant oils, and has been done for thousands of years (steam distillation). Also, the "resin" that builds up inside the elbow is actually a low-grade hash. The oils that condense further down the whip, are a higher percent composition in THC, that is because there is more condensation-evaporation sites provided by the length of the tube.

There is actually some science involved here!
Enjoy the puffs!:420:

RL~

I sometimes let it sit for 15-30 minutes before puffing, the first and second hits typically extract a lot more into the vapor that way, and makes for a couple of nice and medicating hits. Typically I'm in no real rush to get high, but if I am, I can turn it up to 230, or more just to heat it quicker, than take it back down to 190-200 and power puff it, But the best idea is to let the herbs warm up, and some of the aromatic oils, and flavors will start propagating, thats why the first hit will be the most plentiful with the extraction.

Also, I used to use the bag, and I guess it's good if you are with lots of friends, but I'm just generally more of a fan of using the whip. The whip actually acts as a decent length distillation column, it provides an increasingly cooler region for the hot vapors to condense. When they do condense ( if you have vaped enough herb ), a dark, mahogany/yellow oil will begin to flow. This method of extracting is very similar to the traditional way of extracting plant oils, and has been done for thousands of years (steam distillation). Also, the "resin" that builds up inside the elbow is actually a low-grade hash. The oils that condense further down the whip, are a higher percent composition in THC, that is because there is more condensation-evaporation sites provided by the length of the tube.

There is actually some science involved here!
Enjoy the puffs!:420:

RL~

Well, RL,

You have thought me a lot!!! I will give your methods of vamping a try! I had always assumed (which is not a good thing) that leaving the heat on would diminish the potency of the vamping, which apparently isn't the case!

Thanks for that tip! I am very anxious to give your vaping methods a try, which I am going to do now!

Cheers, and peace,

JP

RL,

Wow quite a bit to think about and pay attention to! Thank you for the tips. One question. If you are just using the whip how do you keep from wasting large amount of vapor. The vapir one even on the lowest fan speed still produces a good amount of vapor, and turning the vape off and then reheating each time is a pain. Any advice? Thanks!

RL,

Wow quite a bit to think about and pay attention to! Thank you for the tips. One question. If you are just using the whip how do you keep from wasting large amount of vapor. The vapir one even on the lowest fan speed still produces a good amount of vapor, and turning the vape off and then reheating each time is a pain. Any advice? Thanks!

A large amount of vapor doesn't come out, it is a negligible amount compared to if you are puffing it, I would only use the fan if I'm using the bag system (which I never do).

I agree that turning the element on/off every time you want to puff is kind of a hassle, that is why the Extreme-Q is designed to be on for extended periods of time. There are pre-set timers in the remote controller for it to turn off automatically in 2,4,or 6 hours. For vapir one, I'm not sure about that brand, haven't tried it. Even though its a hassle to wait for it to heat up each time, its well worth it, it's just part of the way things work. Like if you want to bake some brownies you need to pre-heat the oven type of the thing.

Hope my views are influential in some way!:420:

RL:peace:

Greetings, Relaxed Les!

First, I changed my nickname. It was just too close to my actual name. I figured that was a mistake and asked the forum admin to change it.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I've been using my Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer, since my last post, and per your suggestions.

I cannot tell you how glad I am that we've crossed paths. Your tips here have completely changed how I'm medicating now with my "dry goods"!

Since I purchased my vaporizers (I also have a Vapir One, which I don't use), I've not been using them correctly, until now. I've had excellent results with your suggestion to let the cannabis warm a bit first, and I've not used the fan either, as you suggested as well.

All I can say is thank you sooooooo much!!!

Kindest regards,

Capt. Cannabis :peace:

Back
Top Bottom