New Vape User

toolman0114

My wife started using legal medical marijuana and was told to use a vaporizer for fast, short term relief. We bought her a Davinci Ascent and have a few questions so she can use it correctly.
1) CBDs burn off about 315 degrees, should it be set to that temp for a minute to inhale therm? Then process to a temp of about 360 to burn off the THC?
2) how many "hits" is a load good for? 1 cycle, 2 cycles?
Thanx in advance

you can start on 392 instantly, if you like. this way, you will not only release the cbd but also the thc, at the same time

Just purchased a Da Vinci Ascent myself 2 days ago. I am experimenting with the temps right now. I've tried several low, middle & high temps. The smoothest smoke with the desired effects (me personally) is at 190 Celsius or 374 degrees Fahrenheit & I'll stick right around that range.

Too high of a temp, then the bud is vaporized pretty quickly, too low you have to draw pretty hard, but right at 374 is just perfect for me.

Depending on how you pack the chamber will determine how many cycles or hits you get. IMO opinion it is better to pack it tight, because it vaporizes more evenly. Comes out nice and crispy when done.

Hope it helps.

:peace:

Did you have to heat it before use to burn off any residue from manufacturing? I just read this needs to be done before using. My wife didn't do thus and I'm now wondering if this is the bad taste she is getting. Maybe she needs to let it heat up for 20 minutes with nothing in it.

Just purchased a Da Vinci Ascent myself 2 days ago. I am experimenting with the temps right now. I've tried several low, middle & high temps. The smoothest smoke with the desired effects (me personally) is at 190 Celsius or 374 degrees Fahrenheit & I'll stick right around that range.

Too high of a temp, then the bud is vaporized pretty quickly, too low you have to draw pretty hard, but right at 374 is just perfect for me.

Depending on how you pack the chamber will determine how many cycles or hits you get. IMO opinion it is better to pack it tight, because it vaporizes more evenly. Comes out nice and crispy when done.

Hope it helps.

Yeah, before I purchased it, I spoke with the the owner of the smoke shop and he knew his stuff. He advised me to do a couple of dry runs to get rid of that factory taste. I am very satisfied with my purchase and seem to get away using less bud, some say you need more, but I guess that my tolerance factor isn't that high, so my bud will last me for quite a long time, and that is a good problem to have.

Being she has only used it a couple times, I guess I will turn it on and let it burn off anything that may give a bad taste. She tried a friends vaporizer and said it didn't taste anything like hers.

The smoothest smoke with the desired effects (me personally) is at 190 Celsius or 374 degrees Fahrenheit & I'll stick right around that range.

IMHO, Ole Festus is right on the money, after months of experimentation I've come to the exact same conclusion and I started out at 392°F (200°C).

I usually pack the weed tightly and start at a low temperature (~350°F) in the beginning to see how the vapor feels, and then increase it in small increments if you want to make it stronger and there are no bad tastes.

Being she has only used it a couple times, I guess I will turn it on and let it burn off anything that may give a bad taste. She tried a friends vaporizer and said it didn't taste anything like hers.

Good idea..couple dry runs at high temp should clean it out..the taste of my bud is one of the many things that I really enjoy about the Ascent..

Happy Vaping...

Good call Festus!.. 370-380F is pretty smooth for me too.. any lower and I have to draw to hard.. I personally play with the temps till 400ish...usually I can't taste the fragrance by now.. so I just max it out....also after many chambers.. I also agree that you should pack er tight right from the get go... bzzzzz.. a couple x I over-packed....and had to blow a little air thru the bottom or you can use the tamper and give it a stir..messy.. also I recommend that after a couple of hits.. swivel it open and tamp it down again... usually I get big vap from this..then it's usually done.. and so am I.. :)
Everybody's unique and has to find out what works best for them..I personally try to take slow easy draws for 10-15 seconds and use the methods above.

Happy Vaping

Back
Top Bottom