Arizer Extreme-Q

toolman0114

Anybody use one if these?
Reviews say it's close to the Volcano, but a lot less money.
I ordered one for my wife and wondering the best Vape temp to set it at? I know everybody is different in their preferences, but it will give her a starting point.

I have one toolman0114 and I love it. I've never tried a Volcano but, IMHO, the price difference does not justify the additional expense. I got the Arizer Extreme-Q and a vape case for about 1/3 of the cost of a Volcano by itself. I first tried it at 392° F (200° C) and I felt it was too hot, I now use it at 375° F (190° C) and i get several smooth hits out of one bowl. So far I've only use the whip, FWIW, that's another reason why I didn't go with the Volcano, no whip option. If you have any more questions I'll be more than happy to answer them.

I forgot to add one trick I used to get the maximum out of each bowl. I regularly use the fan as it makes it much easier to inhale with minimal effort. I start at Fan 1 and when I feel that the hits have softened a bit I go to Fan 2 and then finally Fan 3. I find that I can get several hits off of each Fan level and when I'm no longer exhaling any vapor, I know that the bowl is done.

I've tried that and I prefer more buds in the lower bowl for two reasons. Sometimes the elbow adapter screen's contents would fall out into the main bowl and blow around not really doing much of anything. Secondly, you have to refill much more often, I can fill the lower bowl up to the bottom of the rubber heat guard and have a bowl last for hours just vaping away as desired. Sometimes the elbow adpater would fill up anyway from the main bowl so at times I was getting the best of both worlds.

I concur with CO high, I have been using the EQ by Arizer for about 2-3 years now and it is absolutely a savior unit. It was one of the best purchases I've ever made. It takes a little bit to get used to all the different functions and necessities ,and there is some subtleties with the unit, such as having to clean the elbow screens with alcohol so they didn't get clogged ( I had to order more to have a bunch in the rotation). The vapor quality is high, and I could not imagine spending 600$ for a Volcano when I could have the EQ for ~150-200$.

You experiment with different vaping temperatures based on the bud, how much its been cured, and its moisture content. You don't want to exceed 200 C for health reasons, personally I run my EQ at 195 C in general. I pack my cyclone bowl up to the black heat tape. If the element is already hot to 195 C, then I pack the herbs and wait about 1-2 minutes for the oils to start propagating. This way the first hit is plentiful, and so on and so forth. I prefer the whip for convenience, however the integrated fan and bag system is a great addition! I love having a remote control with it too. So in my opinion, it's the price difference between a Volcano and EQ that is astronomically worth it.

Some other notes, after much use with the whip, the crude cannabis oil will begin to condense and flow through the whip, and at some point needs to be pumped out and cleared using water.

Other than that, I am super satisfied with my unit, and I will continue to puff it for a long long time, in fact and I am going to load a bowl right now.

Feel free to ask anymore questions you have, I'm sure we can get them answered. :thumb:

Great video - everything is spot on, he explains everything very clearly and straightforward.

The EQ can also quick-dry fresh cut cannabis samples for testing. The cannabis sample is tested for potency and taste. I quick-dry my samples at 100-105 C so that it only evaporates the water off while decarboxylating the cannabis. It usually takes about 4 hours depending on the size of the sample, give or take. After this the sample is good enough to grind up and the EQ gives a great idea of what your particular cannabis is like at different stages of flower.
Update510_0057.jpg
Update510_0063.jpg

I also really like my special Extreme-Q carrying case which I use when I travel, it is designed to carry the EQ and its components.
IMG_093515.JPG

Fantastic unit, 'nuff said :)

The thing I put the sample on is just a durable plastic lid from a little glass jar that I had laying around. It won't even come close to melting at that low of a temperature and it fits nicely on top so it works for me. The plastic caps that the medical cannabis containers come with can also work. I'm sure other things work, it's just what I had laying around for convenience :)

the only thing i don't like about the arizer extreme q, is that the glass parts are very "cheap", mine broke easly in about 7 month, had to buy another one.

When handling glass, one must take care not to break it.

This is true for any scenario, not just special for the EQ...

None of mine has been broken, and I'm going on 3 years

When handling glass, one must take care not to break it.

This is true for any scenario, not just special for the EQ...

None of mine has been broken, and I'm going on 3 years

I'm very careful when placing the bowl upon or removing the bowl from the ceramic heater, especially when either are hot.

I'm very careful when placing the bowl upon or removing the bowl from the ceramic heater, especially when either are hot.

Yeah, that's what the black heat tape is for :)

I actually dropped my cyclone bowl from about 3 feet onto concrete while it was hot, it did not break and it's still in use. The glass is made out of pyrex, which is about as high quality as it gets for commercial purposes.

I have put my EQ unit through industrial use - meaning I have probably used this machine more than alot of people have used theirs, combined.

I am very impressed by its durability and longevity. :Namaste:

I'm looking to get my first vape and the Extreme Q is on my short list. Would you recommend it to a first-timer?

Yeah, that's what the black heat tape is for :)

I actually dropped my cyclone bowl from about 3 feet onto concrete while it was hot, it did not break and it's still in use. The glass is made out of pyrex, which is about as high quality as it gets for commercial purposes.

I have put my EQ unit through industrial use - meaning I have probably used this machine more than alot of people have used theirs, combined.

I am very impressed by its durability and longevity. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom