Help me select a portable vape

GrizzlyBear

I am looking to purchase a stealthy portable vape. I have an HerbalAire (bag vape) and an ArizerSolo (which I love!) But I need something that I can fit in my pocket.

I don't want to burn my weed which is what a lot of these portables do. I like the size, design and looks of the PAX but I'm not convinced. I saw one called the Wulf and liked it because of the digital temp control, that way I can make sure I don't burn. Not sure of that one as it's new on the market.

I live in an area where I can't get to see these things in person and I'm hesitant to order off the net without a recommendation. So I'd like to hear from some real users for a recommendation.

Thanks for your help.

:thanks:

The Magic Flight Launch Box is what I use and it should meet your needs. It's small enough to fit in your pocket and is very inconspicuous. It doesn't have a temperature control but once you've used it a few times you won't really need that feature anyway. You can pick one up on eBay pretty cheap. If you have any specific questions about it I'll do my best to help .

so you want to use flower or concentrate?
Are you saying you want to use flower and just not heat it hot enough to burn?
MFLB is pretty slick for that purpose. I have one as well.

For dry herb, I love the MFLB. For concentrates, get a Cloud 2.0 (the one with micro USB charger). Picked one up last week and it's awesome. Gonna post a review today or tommorrow.

I just purchased a Flowermate V5.S $79.95
2015-02-17_05_37_07.png

I recently picked up an Elevape Smart, and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a convection vape, so flavor is decent. Twisting the lid serves to stir the load, so it vaporizes it reasonably evenly. Battery life is satisfactory, IMO.

A friend has a Mighty (which I bought for him, in trade for a custom Maple slab dining table). It's a conduction unit, and creates massive amounts of vapor without any combustion. It can also handle concentrates, though I haven't tried that aspect. I'd have bought one for myself, except it was more than I wanted to spend. Nice unit, about $100 more than the Elevape Smart.

Still loving this Cloud 2.0

So easy to reload and recharge (shares charge with phone :) )

great vape hits. I stick it in a pocket anytime I'm away from the house. At home, I still mostly use the torch and the nail, but not always. For example, I have the Cloud 2.0 sitting on my desk in front of me. Very convenient to take a little puff whenever the mood strikes. :)

You didn't mention what kind of budget you are on?

If money is no option my vote goes to the Crafty (from Storz & Bickel). I picked up one up after watching this review and it's vapor quality is amazing - only disappointing thing is the battery life is a lil low. This review sums it up pretty well.

If you're looking for something cheaper though the Pax 2 is also a sweet way to go. I don't own one myself but have tried a friends and they hit very nicely. Plus they are so stealthy and innocent looking.

pax3.jpg

You didn't mention what kind of budget you are on?

If money is no option my vote goes to the Crafty (from Storz & Bickel). I picked up one up after watching this review and it's vapor quality is amazing - only disappointing thing is the battery life is a lil low. This review sums it up pretty well.

If you're looking for something cheaper though the Pax 2 is also a sweet way to go. I don't own one myself but have tried a friends and they hit very nicely. Plus they are so stealthy and innocent looking.

How many herb vaporizers are there out there, especially the ones that take rechargeable batteries. And can you vape Oils with these too?

Another vote for the MFLB here. I also own a Volcano and PAX. For vaping herb on the go, the MFLB is the business. Great customer service and a lifetime warranty.

Another vote for the MFLB here. I also own a Volcano and PAX. For vaping herb on the go, the MFLB is the business. Great customer service and a lifetime warranty.

Thanks Juan, I appreciate your opinion. Gives me some more to research. :)

(Is there a long delay once we push the 'Submit' button here? I posted but it didn't look like it went thru so I did it again with an embellishment...oops?)

I use the Davini Ascent. Pretty pricey but it works great. True vaporization with digital temp controls, settings. Ceramic heater and all glass tubes inside. You can use it for oils or dry herb.

The DiVinci looks really good but I can't switch out the batteries with that one, it's just got the wall charger. These thing don't seem to last very long on a charge and I'd rather be able to switch out the battery. Thanks for your imput though! :)

Yep, you're right on that one. I don't travel around with mine too much but even so I still find myself looking around for wall sockets too often. A second battery pack like rechargeable drill drivers have would be a nice improvement.

I was gifted a Mag+ awhile back. I don't care for it. I can't really comment on battery life as I never took it 'into the field'. It's hard to hit, takes a long time to heat up, and it's big/heavy.

I still think the MFLB works way better for dry herb. For oil, I still love my little CloudPen 2.0. My original little heating element part finally died, so I'm now using the backup. I think I'm going to buy another complete unit and another backup heating element before they change anything. If you fill the thing up (not full to the top, as in as much as you should load), it will vape all of it, but it may take a little longer at the end to get going. It can be tough to get the rim to melt down into the cup. Mine will last me all day, and I vape a LOT of oil lately. That's all on one charge. Often that oil can last a couple days if I use the tool to scoop the rim down into the center, but then I will throw it on the charger. Full charge in 2 hours. :)

I only vape oil now, so the MFLB has been sitting neglected for some time now. :blalol: Now it has a friend, the Mag+, to keep it company. :biglaugh:

I need to look into the MFLB oil rig. I looked at it once, but at the time wasn't in need. I really like the idea of using AA batteries, as I can charge those while backpacking. Otherwise, I'll need to bring several Cloud 2.0 batteries :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom