Newbie facing sticker shock!

Dentu50

Hey all! I've been looking around for a vaporizer since I heard that Medical Usage law was passed in NY. Unfortunately, it will take a while to become effective ( 16 months from now I think), and when it does, only edibles, vaporization and pill form will be allowed. Of course, insurance will not pay for this. And since I cannot eat sugar, most edibles are out of the question(hoping I can buy butter or cooking oil from the dispensary to make edibles with splenda). So I've been looking at vaporizers. They are confusing to say the least.

First of all, can I use regular bud with them, or will I have to get oil? And there seems like there are such differences...pen type devices, ones like e cigarettes...help please. Am looking for a decent unit at a good price. A side note to all the younger adults out there! Save some of the money you make somewhere...it really sucks when you are older and all you have is Social Security to live on...I personally don't mind my decisions since I have two wonderful young adults that I was able to give them so much more than I received growing up, but it would also be nice to have a safety net...just using my soapbox again. But again, any help in my situation, let me know!

1 last thing to my fellow 420ers in the wholly legalized states...how great is it? Spent my whole life wondering if it would happen, been involved with NORML before most people knew about it...just wish the government would understand how much they are losing, from taxes to police resources....if only...what a wonderful world it would be....opps, there goes my soapbox again. Peace to all

Honestly, if the program even works, I don't expect they'll even sell bud at the dispensaries. I also didn't hear of this rule of vaporizers being allowed. I thought I read it was oil/pill only.

If bud were available, there's absolutely nothing to stop someone from just smoking it, and the program wants to eliminate that.

Vaporizers that do oil are plentiful, starting around $10 or so, and going up from there. Vaporizers that do dry herb start around $30, and go up from there. My girlfriend and I both have smaller vaporizer units that run as little as $100 each, but I still enjoy my pipe.

The models we have are the Atmos Transporter, and Square T Vape 2.0. Both work well, but the unit I have dishes out some really, really potent and concentrated hits. Enough to make to cough like you just took a huge bong rip.

In closing, with the program being as restricted and limited as it is, the dispensaries likely won't be like what you see in Colorado, Washington, or California, and the list of accepted ailments to actually be able to use Cannabis is very, very limited.

Honestly, if the program even works, I don't expect they'll even sell bud at the dispensaries. I also didn't hear of this rule of vaporizers being allowed. I thought I read it was oil/pill only.

If bud were available, there's absolutely nothing to stop someone from just smoking it, and the program wants to eliminate that.

Vaporizers that do oil are plentiful, starting around $10 or so, and going up from there. Vaporizers that do dry herb start around $30, and go up from there. My girlfriend and I both have smaller vaporizer units that run as little as $100 each, but I still enjoy my pipe.

The models we have are the Atmos Transporter, and Square T Vape 2.0. Both work well, but the unit I have dishes out some really, really potent and concentrated hits. Enough to make to cough like you just took a huge bong rip.

In closing, with the program being as restricted and limited as it is, the dispensaries likely won't be like what you see in Colorado, Washington, or California, and the list of accepted ailments to actually be able to use Cannabis is very, very limited.

Thanks for the reply. According to my doctor, they will have oil to vaporize the thc..guess it's a way for big brother to once again keep control. I agree with you, have a pipe that I use all the time...fingers kind of hurt to roll joints anymore, probably rolled too many over the many decades...and wow, contrary to all the nay sayers, I worked for 35 years, hardly ever missing a day off, and smoked everyday(I really have a hard time thinking about a time when I was out for more than a couple of days)..gee, such a bad thing!

Again, thanks for your input! Wish the west coast was closer! Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom