What's your fav vaporizer?

I have a silver surfer. It has a little bit of a learning curve but once you dial it in, its awesome. I have allergies so smoke irrittes the hell out of my chest and sinus. Though it doesnt help with sinus irritation my chest does not feel as congested as it has been.

I have a silver surfer. It has a little bit of a learning curve but once you dial it in, its awesome. I have allergies so smoke irrittes the hell out of my chest and sinus. Though it doesnt help with sinus irritation my chest does not feel as congested as it has been.

Thank you!

It depends on lots of things like:

1. What you want to vape, i.e. dried bud, concentrates, oil, etc.?
  2. Whether being portable matters or not?
  3. What's your budget?
  4. What else is important to you about vaping?

:welcome:

I've got the Pax 3. It's the only vaporiser I've used so I don't know how it compares to others but, I'm over the moon with it. It takes loose leaf and concentrates, it works very well indeed :)

It also has a 10 year warranty

I currently own 4 vaporizers, 3 which are currently working.

QuickDraw DLX500:

This is the one that isn't working and was my favourite by far as it was portable and the easiest to use. The only things I didn't like about it were that the mouthpiece is hard plastic and tastes plasticky unless you're using it a lot and get used to it like I did and we bought it for its versatility with cannabis as it comes with 3 bowl types - one for bud, one for concentrates and one for e-liquid but the only one I've ever really used is the bud one because we were hoping to use it for shatter but it never seemed to work with shatter. I don't know if it's because I didn't know what I was doing or not.

And, now it's less than a year old and has stopped working and I don't know why. Very frustrating. I do have another portable one though...

Pax 2

I love that the Pax 2 is so easy to fill and keep clean and fire up. And, that first good deep pull is the best! I also love how small it is. It's smaller than the Quck Draw.

I don't like that I can't turn it off when I'm done though the way I can with my other vaporizers. Also, it burns my mouth no matter which mouthpiece I use if I put my lips directly on it so I don't but it's harder to do for long pulls, in my opinion.

Arizer Solo:

This was my first vaporizer and I loved it. I hadn't had cannabis in years before I started treating my anxiety and the last time I used cannabis was when I was in my 20s and back then we always smoked it so that's what I was trying to do but I found it really harsh so Felonious was out and about like he does and came home with some pot and this new toy. But's it's not portable. At least not with my purse. I think this is the only one that really works with hash. The things I don't like about it are that the glass tubes are hard to clean and the holes in the bowl are too big for ground bud. If the holes were a little bit smaller, it would solve both of these problems as part of the glass tubes being hard to clean is because bud is getting through into the tube and you're sucking it up. Smaller holes would definitely be better.

But it's super easy to turn on and off and I like that you can easily adjust the temperature up or down whether you're using it or not. Good at home model. Fix those holes and it would damn near be perfect, in my opinion.

Mighty:

We also have the Mighty and it works really well but it's kind of fussy. It's built on precision and that's how it's used. I know it's good but sometimes finding the right balance temperature-wise can be good or bad since the gauge is in increments of 1 degree. I almost prefer not having to think about what temperature I should use it at. When I use my vaporizer, I just want to set it up quickly. I know it would be okay if I just knew by heart which temperatures were good for what. I also hate the dosing capsules. Not only are they hard to open but they're a pain in the butt to use. I'd fill two up with whatever I was taking and then not finish the second bowl so that next time I go to use it, I don't know what kind is in there and end up dumping it.

However, my smart husband said I should fill up 10 of each kind I regularly use and store in small containers labelled with which strains are in each container so that's what I did so now I can do more at once so I don't have to do it in small batches.

The Mighty isn't portable either although it does feel good in my hand and I have small hands. And, I like that I can use it for vaping oil as well. You can get little sponge pads for it. They're not easy to put in and take out and it's hard to get the oil on the pads when the pad is already placed in the bowl but it's still a nice option to have as I can't vape oil with any of the other vaporizers.

JPinkman - I'm considering the Arizer Air. Can you brief me on it? Why do you love it? What can it vape? Is it portable (how big is it)? Is it easy to use? How is the temperature adjusted? What kind of mouthpiece is it? Etc.

Not a lot of vape experience. But I'll put a plug in for the Truva Kind Pen, which I won in a 420 contest. For the price it compares to more expensive versions- check the reviews. I love it. Comes with a complete lifetime guarantee on all parts (!). Only downside maybe is battery life. I don't know how it compares to others, and it usually lasts me a day of pretty heavy use, but takes about three hours to charge. I wish I had a spare pen - or a removable/spare battery. I guess I'll have to work on winning another one.

+1 for the Arizer Solo

It's not quite as conveniently portable as smaller units but it makes up for it with flavor and temperature control. I use a small pipe screen to prevent small bits from entering the glass stem. A larger, convex screen can reduce the bowl size for dose control and create even more air flow.

Down sides: finding the right stem can be challenging. Some stems fit too tight creating heavy drag, some fit too loose feeling janky and some fit just right.

Must have accessory: Power adapter to use the unit without battery. I like to hang out and sip on it over an hour or so.

Quality of life accessory: Test tubes and small silicone caps. These work great to pre-load and store stems for on-the-go.

You should be able to find a Solo from a authorized dealer for about $160USD. Check out the sponsors area for some shops.

Cheers,
/Obi

PS. I have the Arizer V-Tower as well and still use the Solo even though the tower is within arm's reach.

We have a Magic Flight Launch Box and a Kind V2.
The MFLB has a bit of a learning curve to it, but you can find a lot of videos on YouTube about it. The advantage is that it is a great around the house or portable vaporizer. It also has a lifetime guarantee on the box itself. There are a lot of accessories that can be used with it as well. Being blind, I love the fact that there is nothing fancy to set on it. It is ready to start vaporizing within 5 to 10 seconds and although there is no heat adjustment, it gives me a great pull every time. The downside is that the batteries it uses are external. Basically nothing more than a rechargeable double a batteries that you have to recharge in their own charger. The batteries do not last very long before they need to be recharged. There is an available accessory that allows you to use house current instead of the battery. But it's cost is two-thirds that of the whole first set up. You need that accessory if you plan on using it to vaporize oils or waxes with their concentrate trays overall it is a very good vaporizer, and pretty doggone affordable. I've seen brand new ones on eBay for around 80 bucks or so.
The V2 is much more portable as it is a pen style vaporizer. The one that we bought had tanks for a liquid, dry herb and concentrates included with it. It hits very well, and is very stingy on the dry herb. The downside for me is the fact that once you turn it on and it warmed up, you have to hit all of the herb. It goes to waste, as there is no way to turn it off for a certain period of time so you have to keep hitting it. If, you only want two or three hits you waste the rest of the herb in the tank. Also has a lifetime guarantee, so if something happens to it whether it's your fault or not, they will replace it free. Good luck on your search and may God bless!

How do you make e liquid flavors with thc? Is it possible to boil a normal e liquid with lots of Kief and have effects after you vape it?

I am replacing my Arizer Air with an Arizer Q.
I got tired of having to draw so hard it made my eyeballs cross. The "Q" is everything I hoped for, and them some.

Pax 2

I love that the Pax 2 is so easy to fill and keep clean and fire up. And, that first good deep pull is the best! I also love how small it is. It's smaller than the Quck Draw.

I don't like that I can't turn it off when I'm done though the way I can with my other vaporizers. Also, it burns my mouth no matter which mouthpiece I use if I put my lips directly on it so I don't but it's harder to do for long pulls, in my opinion.

I had this with the Pax 3 when i first used it. I contacted Pax and they told me that i'm drawing to hard for too long. Now i just sip it, and it works a charm.

Perhaps that may be the issue you're having? Just thought i would mention it :)

:thanks: Chew!

I've tried that already but it didn't make much difference. I suspect I'm probably just overly sensitive to heat. No worries; I've adapted.

:thumb:

I had this with the Pax 3 when i first used it. I contacted Pax and they told me that i'm drawing to hard for too long. Now i just sip it, and it works a charm.

Perhaps that may be the issue you're having? Just thought i would mention it :)

Is the Arizer Q considered portable?

I am replacing my Arizer Air with an Arizer Q.
I got tired of having to draw so hard it made my eyeballs cross. The "Q" is everything I hoped for, and them some.

Back
Top Bottom