How long can you keep your plant in Veg phase?

nancydillon

I am very impatient when it comes to germinating and so I ended up preparing 25 seeds for germination - why I don't know. In fact, yea i do - cause they are bagseeds and I didn't think I had a successful one in the lot. Anyway, whilst 10 have split and have been planted into soil, 2 more have cracked and I expect the majority will.

I know mothers are kept in veg phase but I assume this is done after they have been flowered out. In my case, if all the seeds germinate roughly along the same time line - I basically wont have enough space or lumens for them all to flower at once.

I would like to know how long I can keep a plant in veg phase before it is necessary to flower. Or does the plant have to have a 16 - 20 week lifecyle.

I hope i made some sense.:thanks:

don't have eno

Keep manicuring your plants that will veg longer by either topping or fimming or bending techniques or any combination thereof. These methods will help to control the height of your plants. They will definitely get bushy though and still be monsters, just not tall ;-) Unless you cut down a lot of branches about a week or so before setting to flower.

I put mine into flower when they get about 12". I have a hight issue your plants will get 2-3 times taller when in flower. Do what other said just keep your lights on for at least 18 hours or more.
Good luck

Short answer, indefinitely. Mother plants, by definition, are not allowed to flower. It's important that a Mom isn't allowed to go into 12/12 so longer light cycles are used. Also, if the plant's ultimate shape/size is a concern, then additional growing time in the veg cycle allows for any targeted pruning. As a general rule, they'll need a week or two to recover for best results. Good luck.

You keep them in veg for as long as you want. read somewhere that a marijuana pant can be kept in veg even for ten years. You just have to apply 24 hour light with no dark periods. Pretty expensive ha? :)

look u must let your plants sleep at least 6 hours during veg it lets it produce THC IF YOU DON'T let it sleep you will get less. Let them grow how mother nature intends by letting them sleep you get a better tasting bud

that is all

You can keep a plant in the vegetation cycle for as long as you feel like, it will eventually get rootbound though if you dont keep upgrading the pot size. The best thing to do is top a plant all the way through veg so that it is wide and bushy, fill 75% of the space you want to use then switch to flowering.

Hi I have a northern lights auto its in its 5th week of veg but only 8" tall when do I need to change to 12/12 please help. Im running 300w dual spectrum cfl + 4x40w 6500k cfl temp is at 28°c im using plant magic veg boost nutes. But my ph is at 8 why could it be so high.

Hi I have a northern lights auto its in its 5th week of veg but only 8" tall when do I need to change to 12/12 please help. Im running 300w dual spectrum cfl + 4x40w 6500k cfl temp is at 28°c im using plant magic veg boost nutes. But my ph is at 8 why could it be so high.
You don't need to change the light cycle for autos. They don't depend on changing light, so you can and should leave them on 18/6 or more if you want.

Stay on 18/6 through out the whole grow of autos. Plus your PH may be high due to your water having high PH before adding the nutrients. Buy some PH down and adjust the PH to 6.5ish for soil ad 5.8 for hydro/coco

420-magazine-mobile73450382.jpg

This is my Original Bubblegum. I am only planning to use her as a mother for now, for clones. She is already 10 weeks old. About to bump her pot up in size just a little. Thinking about maybe trying to Bonsai her.

Keep manicuring your plants that will veg longer by either topping or fimming or bending techniques or any combination thereof. These methods will help to control the height of your plants. They will definitely get bushy though and still be monsters, just not tall ;-) Unless you cut down a lot of branches about a week or so before setting to flower.

here's another technique .. when repotting from a cup , place the root ball on its side with the stem going across the pot , bury
every thing but the top 2 or 3 bud sites (plant should be about 12" tall) , then ,about a week later , pinch the stem about
where it hangs over the opposite side of the pot and bend it up , this will keep the plant short and expose more bud sites to
direct like ... g

Here is a plant that was cloned after 33 days into flower. Was taken on 12/26/17 and has been vegging since, was under a T5 lamp until last week when it went into the tent under 315's. Transplanted into 10gal smart pots.
Spreading it out and tieing it to the screen with soft ties.
These two pics were taken least week.

Is my plant looking good? I'm a first time grower just with one Afghan kush Auto seed. I understand I may have had the LED lights to close to it and a day there it got dry. Just those 2 leafs and the bottom baby 2 leaves are yellowish green. I water it most days since it is in a peat pot.

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_181935.jpg
    IMG_20190615_181935.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 807
Is my plant looking good? I'm a first time grower just with one Afghan kush Auto seed. I understand I may have had the LED lights to close to it and a day there it got dry. Just those 2 leafs and the bottom baby 2 leaves are yellowish green. I water it most days since it is in a peat pot.
I
Nice plant. I would remove the original 2 leaves. Looks like transplanting time. I prefer going into the final pot as to not handle a large plant and maybe damage it. I think you have a plant that will grow large quickly. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom