Leaves curling upwards and tips turning brown

nucc430

My buddie is having issues with tips curling up ward and turning brown its like tge leaves are folding upward. I leaxhed with ph 6 water and let chill for three days and went back into fert agaon and it seems as if they didnt like it im soooo confuzed

I had curled up leaves in vegging and it turned out to be a mg issue. I used 1 teaspoon epsom salt added to a gallon water and the leaves straightened out soon after. Dunno about the brown though especially if you flushed. Good luck.

I looked at a chart that showed that's what it is when leaves curl up and just 1 t of epsom fixed it up in a couple days. There's a more in depth read about it in the canna problem section on this site; mg is addressed about 1/2-3/4 down the page also I didn't have all the symptoms listed here on this site like browning, my plants had the leaf curl only.

Thanks man it's just so confusing because it is simptoms of a deficency but it also can be an over fert problems so I mixed up a gallon of ph water and threw in a tsp of Epsom on three of the worst ones. So we will see.. I did think it was an over fert at first so I leached them with 6 gal of 6 ph water a pot and didn't add any fert or water for three days then went back into my fourth week nutriant mix. I'm using general hydroponics flora series as fert soon hopefully the salt brings us around.

Thanks man it's just so confusing because it is symptoms of a deficency but it also can be an over fert problems so I mixed up a gallon of ph water and threw in a tsp of Epsom on three of the worst ones. So we will see.. I did think it was an over fert at first so I leached them with 6 gal of 6 ph water a pot and didn't add any fert or water for three days then went back into my fourth week nutriant mix. I'm using general hydroponics flora series as fert soon hopefully the salt brings us around.

Browning starting around the edges is an indicate of over-fert, least that's what it always is in my plants. After a major mess-up with screwing up 4 plants with overfeed I now read the leaves instead of going by the feed,water feed schedule and this works way better for my babes. Like if the leaves are looking cherry,healthy green, standing perky then I skip nutes til I see a slighter lightness in there color.And then I cut the potion down as much as 1/4. My organic soil seems to feed em well enuff at times even though the breeders grow info and several follow up grow journals for the exact strain report 'heavy feeders' ~~go figu-aa. I'm dealing with new issues using coco-coir with my clones atm but its all good and interesting cause the screw-ups never repeat in the future due to the wtf shock at first sightings.
The cannabis deficiency info here addresses thoroughly the browning issue; could be something else than my situation was, though it sounds like you gotta good handle there. Rastafari mang.

Hey Vamp,

If you skip nute feeding aren't you flushing out the plants with plain water? I'm as newbie 4 weeks into my first grow so excuse the silly question!

Yes you are and its not a silly question, lol. Thing is the plants aren't needing any ferts until they are 4 weeks old so if you've been given em feed prior then thereby lies your problem. Remember I'm in soil so my info refers to that. I start my plants out with 1/4 the recommend feed and built up little adding more each feed til I get to the full portion. I heard your product is good however I haven't worked with it. Grows differ than soil with hydro; so if your in hydro, i haven't a clue of the do's and don't's; if your in soil, what brand is it?<important for knowing it's n-p-k value. Also, yeah it's confusing at first but trust me it gets simple and very interesting after the first grow.:high-five:

Im using Grodan Rockwool. I have been watering with Aqua flakes every time for the first three weeks. Maybe I should have backed off a bit?

Oh they're still in rockwool, hmmmm never used it so dunno but at 4 weeks old shouldn't they go to a medium, like soil? it's easiest for beginners imo; but guessing if your interested in hydro maybe just as easy, dunno.:peace: If you go for soil got an idea what brand and why you want that brand~~~~~it's important, lol. I can help you with that once you decide if they should get out of rockwool or whatever you do with it.

Vamp, Fire away with the info. My next go around I am planning on doing soil. So all your knowledge would be invaluable!

Certainly: First: Tell what you already know about the grow.
Second: What do you already have for it.
Third: What are planning on getting.
Fourth: List the questions you would like answered.

I can give my experience with for the aforementioned information and most likely other growers will pipe in when they see your info too.

:morenutes:

I had curled up leaves in vegging and it turned out to be a mg issue. I used 1 teaspoon epsom salt added to a gallon water and the leaves straightened out soon after. Dunno about the brown though especially if you flushed. Good luck.

woohoo! Maybe my Arjan's Strawberry Haze will look normal soon! :thanks:

I too used nutruents throughout the whole time they are in rockwool cubes surounded by crutons in 3 gal pots gave three the epsom salt treatment i split one gal between the three and no change in the folding of the leaves and things dont look any better!!!! I mean do i use nutrients or straight ph its a shame cuz therr dooing sooo well. I just dont wanna loose them. I have also knoticed the ones with the lea e problem also seam to have a purple stem going out to the leave .. im saying its a darker purple than the others that are having the same problem but not as bad. The temp range is from 83-67 and humidity is at about 52% and i have a 400 about 18inches away .. im freekin out

Back
Top Bottom