Plant growing slow

blazeone

420 Member
FIRST - Warning: total amateur writing.

Hello, this is my first post on this forum but I've been reading it quite a lot and it's been very helpful.

I have started my first grow ever in difficult conditions (limited money, space, privacy), so I would like to hear your opinions on why my plant has been growing slowly. I use normal supermarket flower soil and I checked the PH, don't use any nutes except bat guano. It's in a 3/4 gallon pot.

Here is a picture of it, currently 6weeks and 1day old, it has recently bounced back from overwatering because I had to put it at my friends place where there was not enough air flow and the drainage is not really the best and in his brilliance he also put the fckin air-freshner near it :(( So she (hopefully) has been through a lot, also looked a little N toxic for a while. Put a fan on her and didn't water for almost a week, added a tbls of kalong bat guano (3-10-2) and it's looking quite better now.

337ac9caad03e2c8e9305b899a42ec4f.jpg

Also, as you can see the plant has stretched quite a bit in her early days because of bad lighting, in her first day she was already gigantic - almost 3 inches (i think in centimeters, about 6-7 cm) so after a while I had to tie it up. Stem is now getting thicker and stronger especially on the upper part of the plant as it was thinner than a toothpick before. Only one leaf was attacked by pests, should I cut it of or what? You will easily recognize which one is it.

I know all this also causes slow growth, but when she was bouncing back I micro topped her and two shoots came up looking good but are growing slow. Take a look at the pic, I would be very grateful for some feedback and your opinions.

Sorry for my bad english :)

And for the strain I don't know which is it, most of the weed comes to my country from this Albanian place, maybe for some of you it will be interesting to watch :)

Oh man I think I got it, wire tie was suffocating the plant!!also the work of my friend, a very good friend indeed -.- Can someone tell me if the plant is going to bounce back? tie wire left a dent in it :(( forgive me for being such a noob

Welcome to 420Magazine blazeone, I think you'll find a special group of folks here that are knowledgeable and willing to help.
If your plant is still upright and green, the stem will repair itself. Stems are tough and do take quite a beating and still survive. You'll probably get a bulge in the spot where it heals itself, but it's just extra girth. For being 6 weeks old, your plant looks like it might need more light. I read you have limited capacity, but from the picture it looks like it might appreciate more photons.

Best Of Buds

JB

Hi mate I guarantee you that your plant needs to be potted up into a larger pot and that is why you have slow growth I absolutely guarantee you.

Also when you pot up you can bury the stem up to just below where the cotyledons (round seedling leaves)were and that solves the stretch problem as well.

So in short pot her up , bury the stem ,solve both your problems at once.

If you have time take a look at my grow journal and see the 4 big plants I'm growing , 3 of them were potted up to larger grow bags at the right time, the 4th wasn't and as a result the 4th one has stayed basically the same size while the others have quadrupled in size at least!

Happy growing man!

Thanky you very much doc!

I did transplant it two weeks ago and you're right, it's been thriving from then.

Here it is now:
DSC_003743.JPG

Going to check you journal now, thanks for the advice!

Cheers!

Need help i fear my babies are dying they were in 5gal buccets bet i transplated tgem into solo cups.while transplanting i accidentally tore a root or two its been two days and one of my girls looks as if she wont be around much longer any suggestions???

From my modest experience:

As you can read in the first post I had some overwatering issues that led to root issues. After applying bat guano to the soil the root system significally improved. Also, I've read somewhere that bat guano is really good for root developement. So my suggestion would be to try it, my plant has been very grateful ever since :)

Your plants are experiencing transplant shock as well as the torn root, if u can get your hands on some rhizotonic or a seaweed based root formula eg seasol then use it if not your just going to have to wait and see, they should come back from the transplant shock but I don't know and can't see how badly the root/s you mention were damaged

quick question and maybe i missed something but why would you go from a 5 gallon pot to a solo cup? wouldnt you start it in the cup and then transplant to the 5 gal

Yea i kno u have a point its mucho baccwards but i wanted to take them out of the soil they were in bc of bugs nd deficiencies nd faulty ph. so i put them n solo cups so i could dr my soil up....was that a bad idea cuz they seem to be flourishing

im not saying good or bad, i prefer to keep he transplanting to a minimum, so i start in smaller more manageable cups and move into the larger pots, just something to keep in mind for the next grow

Here is my baby i had issues with her at frs but she is remarkably coming around this is just days after removing from 5gal nd i started one more unknown bagseed frm some extra loud stuff but it took three days to germinate....feedbk welcomed

Hey guys it's me again.

I would like your advice on should I prune my plant or not? It's some 2 weeks in 12/12 schedule and I've been able to bend it so every part can get enough light but it's getting crowded :)

My question is, should I cut the oldest fan leaves (with only 3 leaves) or would I be doing more damage than progress with it??

Here's a pic:

DSC_004238.JPG

Back
Top Bottom