When will I be ready to start using nutrients? Pic inside

PlanetJanet

Hey 420'er,
I have a small fruit spirit plant and i am wondering when it will be time to start using nutrients? This is day 8 of growth, in a pot and was transplanted into the pot 2 days ago from being in a jiffy cube.

Also, when watering do i water it until i get a 10-20% run off out of the bottom of the pot and then wait until the top inch or so of the soil is dry before dewatering?

unnamed53.jpg

:thanks:

J

Hey janet, I wouldn't add any nutes until about 2-3wks growth. Also depends on the soil, if there's enough fertilizer then I might start wk4 even. When you begin nutes be sure to start with 1/8th or 1/4th the recommended dosage, then remember to use just water (ph'd) every other watering. Good luck.

Hi,

Yes, you should always wait for soil to get dry before watering again.

What kind of soil did you use? I see some perlite in there, that's good. If you have soil packaging there should be indications on how much NPK it has. Depending on that you can figure out when and how nutes should be added. I would agree that first 2-3 weeks there should be no nutrients given, but it all depends on the soil.

Now the most important thing is to get PH levels right. Test the water & runoff to see where you stand.

The true answer is variable. Depends on the quality and expertise of the soil mix. For example....If you do some quality research on organic growing you will find that the best experts can go the entire grow without adding nutes or adjusting the pH of their water. They will have superior flowers to most people with much less effort. Most people can't seem to do this or wont put in the up front effort to do so.

That said a very basic off the shelf mix can be made that takes no effort and will get you through Veg stage without nutes (which I have posted in the FAQ countless times). That is a minimum of 4 weeks because cannabis is too immature from seed to bloom properly before 4 weeks.

When you are ready to repot that into a decent sized pot (it is too late for you to do a great organic grow, that takes months of prep) then repost and we can show you the right mix to get you there without adding anything. (at least 2 weeks from now).

For now let it dry our between watering and it will grow faster and stronger.

What soil did you start with?

Thanks for the replies guys, soke good info and its apparent theres more knowledge to come in this thread which is great.

I started off using canna terra professional soil. I am going to repot the plant tomorrow as the roots are starting to come out the bottom of the current pot. It will be due a watering tomorrow as its starting to dry off on top so I will be watering till 10% run off tomorrow to make sure the bottom roots get a good bit of water.

I plan on using a 0.5ml / litre biobizz grow mixture on my next water. What do you think? I am on day 12 right now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using 420

Back
Top Bottom