Veg outdoor and flower indoor?

I would guess it is. Being a long time gardener but being new to this type of thing I can tell you that you will bring a world of bugs in with you. I brought in strawberries and peppers and a tomato plant to overwinter and had a freaking shitload of whitefly and aphids. Lost everything including my very first MJ plant. I am never going to have indoor outdoor plants again.

Just my experience.

Myself... I do just the opposite... Veg indoors...
Get an early growth jump on Spring...
I've got Mothers ,an Army of Clones and Fem seeds getting ready.
I have friends outside... Lady bugs protect my plants.
We have a lot of them around here.

Yeah... Getting a Jump on Tomatoes too

Tomato_40_.JPG
Tomato_38_.JPG

This is an old thread but just for anyone's reference, from my experience it's a simple thing to veg outside then flower inside. I'm in my 11th day of inside flowering right now after growing outdoors until August 1st. I can't guarantee you won't be plagued by bugs but I can say that, up to now, I see zero signs of bugs.

I'm not an expert but I do have some experience with aphids, mites, etc and nothing is happening to my plants now that is unusual. They look really lush, green and healthy. One thing, I'd ask CrazyCat is, what soil did you use in the plants you brought indoors after being outside? I'f it was in regular soil from your yard then for sure you're inviting a lot of microscopic wildlife into your home. Store bought soil, such as Miracle Gro, Shultz's is very clean to begin with.

What I did was totally stupid and a beginner mistake. I took my plants in the house, put them in one of those mini fridge size greenhouses with the zipper cover and sprayed them with bug killer then washed them and that was it. Did not change out the soil, thought all my bugs were gone and holy smoke I lost everything I had in the house. This year completely different no bugs just spiders. A learning curve....sometimes you're down, sometimes you're up.... ;-)

Of course it is, but when vegging outdoors in a country where conditions are not so good then you may end up with a reduced yield etc. Do it in a place where the environment is right and i can't see why it wouldnt be fine providing you kept the hight of the plant down.

Hello, can someone help me?
I have a 2 weeks old plant (autoflowering)
Im growing him in Belgium and he grows really slow, any advice?

They say a watched pot never boils. Feels that way with plants sometimes. Well, I don't know how you are watering etc and I cannot be sure but...I have an auto growing also and I also thought it was growing slow. However, I was told that autos do grow slowly at first but then they then take off. Mine seems to be getting ready to take of now that it's at 25 days. One thing I did was made sure my temperature was good. Cold plants don't grow much. Also, if your soil has no fertilizer ( i.e. not a commercial mix) you'd better add some. In a week or so you'll probably want to make sure to add some ferts anyway but only half of what the directions say. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom