Help a new grower out?

PurpleHaze25

Hello! First time grower here. I Recently acquired 4 Orange Crush Clones. This was very very short notice. I am growing in my 3x2 foot cupboard. I am worried about the ventilation in the cupboard. I have 2 small vents on the bottom of the door but I am not sure if this is a suitable intake air flow, was wondering if anyone could assure me about it and or tell me what else I could do. I am also worried about some of the leaves that have been crisping and going a bit brown at the ends. They have been under a 600w light for 3 days now 24hours( I know this isn't right but as I said it was very short notice and I am doing the best I can with what I have) I have a feeling it might have something to do with this as the soil has been drying really quick, I have had to water them every day. tonight I added 6ml of canna coco A and B, 6 ml of grow magic into 8 litres of water mixed it and water each 10gallon pot with a litre of the mix. I have added pics, any help is really appretiated.

image91009.JPG

image71021.JPG

image37773.JPG

image210056.JPG

what are you using for growing medium? If coco it dries out very fast and will not hold nutes very well. I have not used coco but the folks on here recommend water every day, not sure how often to use calmag and nutes. soil will hold nutes and water better but watch out for salt build up (ph).

yea its coco, been under light for 19 days now. 2 plants are 7 inches the other 2 are about 5. tips are still yellow on some fan leaves but a lot better looking. was worried it was nute burn so last couple feeds has just been water. going to start back with the nutes next feed though see how it goes, ph is ok been sitting between 6 and 7

try 1/4 or 1/2 the nutes recommended on the label. Try calmag every water and lower ph a bit to 6. From what I have read 5.8 - 6 is the ranger for coco. Are you checking the PH of the runoff?

keep going at er, your first grow is going to be a PIA. Don't have big expectations and don't get discouraged. Learn from your mistakes and you will get better over time. This is only my second grow and so far it is better than the first.

My first grow was 4 x Early Miss Autos, 20gr dried from 4 plants not much but I learned alot. I didn't PH properly, too much water, pots too small, all kinds of nute issues, aphids, and more.
Now I have 2 x Crowne Royal Fems and I adopted an AK 47 from my uncle. The Ak was flowering so when I put it in with box the Royals it re vegged and now I am making clones from it.
So I built a growroom so I can grow over the winter. A friend has a commercial hothouse tomato grow so I picked his brain he recommended I use calmag every water, I make nute tea, recycle plant trimmings, use mostly organic ferts (man made ferts every 4th feeding), molasses every 3rd water and PH correct every time. In his hothouse he doesn't check runoff because it is a drip irrigation system and little to no salt buildup with organic. I use man made nutes @ only 1/4 recommended strength. So I have yet to check runoff (60 days into veg, start flower tomorrow) If I get 20gr from 2 Royals I will consider it a success. Read, read and read some more and ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom