HerroPreeze

400 watt light-24/0
50-60% humidity
Water once every three days
NO NUTRIENTS
Soil Medium

I'm in week three, one of my plants has started to lean, and has developed strange blotches on the leaves,
after I used some soil to prop up the plant, I checked the next day to find that the spots had gotten worse over night, any ideas?
IMG_20161105_141934.jpg
IMG_20161105_142050.jpg

The other one was doing great until a few days ago, the new growth has yellow tips, I moved the light up, no nutrients yet, though I plan to use some the next time I feed them which will be the 7th

IMG_20161105_141944.jpg

I would suggest starting nutes as the plant is likely exhibiting some deficiencies...

But before you do that - what type of soil medium are you using? Some soils have nutrients in them and can cause problems at these stages especially.

I agree it is a nutrient deficiency. you should be feeding them at every watering.

use a 15-30-15 at about .25 - .5 grams per liter. never NEVER use 20-20-20 unless you own a lumber yard and need lumber.

also, I would turn the light back to 18 hours, 24 is very stressful and they need time to rest and rebuild.

also, if you don't have one you need an analysis of your water. if the Ph is high or low this can cause the same thing. you also need to know the EC.

regards.

Yeah I agree to be honest I corrected the pH at the same time as adding more nutes so it's possible it could have been that too. If your in coco feed with 1/4 nutes at 5.8 once a day and they will come though fine in a few days. If your in soil I'd double check that information

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

I would suggest starting nutes as the plant is likely exhibiting some deficiencies...

But before you do that - what type of soil medium are you using? Some soils have nutrients in them and can cause problems at these stages especially.

I am currently using happy frog potting soil, the nutrients I have are the fox farm liquid nutrients-I haven't used them yet, it may also be worth mentioning that another of the four has started showing the strange spots on the leaves, I clipped all of the leaves with the spots thinking it was leaf sephora

I agree it is a nutrient deficiency. you should be feeding them at every watering.

use a 15-30-15 at about .25 - .5 grams per liter. never NEVER use 20-20-20 unless you own a lumber yard and need lumber.

also, I would turn the light back to 18 hours, 24 is very stressful and they need time to rest and rebuild.

also, if you don't have one you need an analysis of your water. if the Ph is high or low this can cause the same thing. you also need to know the EC.

regards.

I actually do not have the means to check the PH of the water, I read that in soil it isn't necessary because the soil acts as a buffer

So what ever came of this? Was it nutes?
I use happy frog as well. Same problems, third week.
It's understood that people using fox farms soIL wait a few weeks before adding nutes. I'm beginning to think happy frog soil is much weaker than people realise when they say wait a good month before nutes. This may be true for ocean forest but I'm not so sure with happy frog.
Then again I'm still working on getting my watering right so what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom