First Time Grower

D4G1NP1G

Hey friends,
I'm a new member looking for a few tips here and there if i need them and also probably going to require some answers to ridiculous questions as well. I have been using this app for a few months now while doing some research and figured it's about time to go on an adventure myself.

I started my grow on 11-14 with a couple of clones from a nearby dispensary. Created a simple custom box outlined with the back side of foil. Hanged two single bulb LED lights and aimed a fan right on the plants. The soil was sunshine #4 purchased from a nearby home depot and the water was plain tap.

Now i can keep on going but I'm sure you guys think I'm a plant murderer and your ears are probably bleeding by now. Once i noticed i was doing just about everything wrong. I visited a hydroponics shop where they fed me an enormous amount of tips and also managed to take 200 bucks right out of my wallet. I am glad to say for the both of us that the plants are healthy and are hopefully growing to their full potential.

Light: not sure but its on the pics
Soil: Sanctuary Empire Builder
Soil Ph: Around 7
Foilar spray: BIOAG Full Power
Nutes: mission fertilizer 2-2-2 and 2-0-8 and floranova 7-4-10 (using recommended doses).

When i returned home, i transplanted straight into my special blend soil, changed the lighting, added a humidifier, pointed the fan away, added nutrients, rearranged timers,- and placed co2 dispenser. Since then,cheech and chong have been growing as fast as ever. I obviously wasn't very artistic with the names.

Light cycle is 18/6. Daytime starts at 6pm. Lol. Co2 disperses for 30 minutes 3 times every plant daytime. Humidifier keeps room from 50 to 70%. Temperature always stays from 72 to 77 °F. Foliar spray goes under and over every morning and night for plants. I'm watering about every week or until moisture meter reads low. When i transplanted, i went straight into 3 gallon buckets because that is what the hydroponics place suggested. Everything is going good so far so I'm not complaining.

Here is some pictures and I'll take all the help you guys can give me. Thanks a lot and welcome to my page. Ill keep you guys updated.

Sent from my LGLS770 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile398367638.jpg

Subbed.

Welcome! I started out the same way here on 420mag. I found that journaling here is a great way to keep your grow on track while helping everyone learn along the way.

This an incredible, respectful and helpful community. No question is to small or too big.

/Cheers!
/Obi

Welcome, and Obi is right no question too big or too small. I am only on my second grow and have already learned more than i could have ever imagined.
Your plants look great. I would look into some topping or lst for them. And what is your foilar spray? I recently had an issue with my current grow where i gave them nitrogen toxicity by spraying them twice a day. Just a heads up. But rember that your plants wamt to live if you run into anything during your journey this is the place to ask. Again welcome

Ill get right into that. Thank you and ill post if there are any set backs.

As you guys may come to know, i learn mostly from the mistakes i have already made. For example, i recently did some renovations to my grow room and may have shocked the shit out of my plants. The only difference is the change of reflective material from aluminium foil to white reflective paint in order to avoid hot spots on the plants. Will my plants be capable of recovering and is this enough light and reflection for the plants?
Thank you

420-magazine-mobile525817666.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1815652679.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2040445359.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1945922269.jpg

Possibly. Let me give it a couple weeks and see how the do in the same environment. Thanks for the input :)

I would say its definitely a nute burn. If it was because of light or heat it would start at the leaves closest to the light. I would flush them a few times and see how it goes and mabye top them. As for the white paint i used a red reclective mylar it was like 15 dollars for a 4 foot by 25 foot roll amd it works amazing.
20161216_205231.jpg
20161023_211849.jpg

You have some beautiful plants there joe. As a result of major shock or possibly just nutrient burn, my sour kush plants did not make it and i thought why not just start fresh with 6 plants and not touch or change any of the material they are adapting to now. Here are some pictures. The three on the right are gorilla glue and the three on the left are master kush. I named them after six of santas reindeer. Thought it would be appropriate for christmas.haha. Merry Christmas guys.

Im also not very familiar or confident with methods such as topping and LST. It would help very much if i could get a few tips like when i should start and how i should do it.

If I was you I would dump that side lighting you have and put those t5s a lot closer to the plants. You'll get better growth. I keep my t5s no more that 8 inches above the plants. Also I would put that fan on the ground and have it blowing over them lightly.

Sent from my LG-H830 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys. Plants seem to be doing great now but i have run into a new problem and im not even close to understanding how to fix it. As in the pictures,mold seems to be growing on top of the moist soil layer. What can i do to get rid of this mold and ensure it will never come back?

Back
Top Bottom