Beginning of veg cycle problems

KelpDreads

Hi guys, I am reposting because I think I left out a lot of information regarding my plants and the environment in which I had them in. I will restate my case and search for a solution after wards .
Strain - blueberry
Soil - fox farms ocean forest mix, rice hulls
Lights - 4 cfls (23watt each ) kept 3-4 inches away
1 plant
Ph level - 6.3
Seedling popped through the soil on December 7th.
So it's a 3 week ( was about 2 and a half when I originally posted ) old seedling/veg cycle
18/6 light schedule
1 small desk fan and exhaust fan over top to draw away heat and create circulation
I water when the top inch is the soil is dry and sometimes with pond water
No nutes yet ( ocean forest should have enough ?)

Sorry if I missed anything . Now my problem is my 2 bottom true leaves are yellowing and I'm not sure why. Initial reason leads me to believe it nitrogen deficiency , but why if it's in the soil with nutrients already in it. But then at the same time I'm not sure if the soil is too hot and the plant is getting too many nutrients. I plan on using general organics go box because it got great reviews and the small bottles are perfect for many small grows. However I have to wait for that in the mail . My main question is should I be waiting trying to wash out the extra salts in the soil , or looking for a way to try and supply the nutrients the plant is deficient in ? At least until the nutrients comes to my house . Also, an overall opinion of how they look for 2 and a half weeks old please lol . Any help is appreciated and sorry for making you read so much !!
Ps there are also photos of how the yellow progressed . Thanks for reading

420-magazine-mobile1216887659.jpg
420-magazine-mobile618870690.jpg
420-magazine-mobile303681621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1484893901.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1342456868.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi KelpDreads and welcome to :420: I saw your other post and was hoping somebody would reply for mine kinda look that but I'm doing hydro. Anyhow wish I could help ya but I very sure someone will be along before to long to give you a hand. This is really a great place to seek help. Good luck and happy growing.

Well i am only on my second grow and am still learning alot but i would say you definitely have a nutrient problem. I know it sounds stupid but google cannibis nute problems amd you will be able to pull up all sorts of diagrams to compare and contrast and then go from there. As for the soil. I start feedimg nutes after the 10th day mabye even half strength at day 6 or 7 because the nutes in the soil dont last that long. Good luck amd keep us posted.

Hmm that sounds very logical honestly . I would be safer with fish tank water I assume ? But I figured it was a nite problem . I don't however want to add nutrients if it in fact was a nutrient burn problem . Is there anything I can substitute for a source of nitrogen until I get my nutrients in the mail ? Thanks for your input guys I appreciate it .

Was really contemplating going hydro but I want to master soil first as a foundation per say

If you have access to tap water or bottled spring or distilled. Honestly your asking for issues using contamated water. Just imagine all the shit thats in the fishtank water as well. As for nute diff unless you have an extermely HOT batch of fox farm i wouldnt say your burning them i used to use fox farm as well but i would advise in my own non professional opinion not to do hydro unless you have access to fresh clean ph balanced water.

Would you say it's lacking in nutrients ? Nitrogen for example ?

hello KelpDreads you mentioned that you water when top inch of medium is dry. I would go by weight of bag whether water needed or not. Sometimes over watering looks like other problems. regards

I wait till the pots are completely dry, almost to the point of wilting. They are very resilient little buggers and will grow even if we don't treat them right. Treat them right and they will REALLY thrive!!! :peace:

Thank you guys . I ordered my nutrients yesterday and I will be waiting for them . In the meantime I will follow your advice on water based on weight of bag and holding as long as I can to water . I get thrown off because I think my soil has really good draining with the ratio of rice hulls I've been using . Also I will try to get my ph level more balanced . I appreciate all of the help !!!! merry Christmas tree to you guys .

Hey guys not sure if anybody is following this post out of those who answered but I have good news . After receiving the nutrients and administering , my baby has stopped yellowing . However , I believe I may have a slight ph problem . My ph is peaking around 7.5, however , the reading was on an analog ph scale and I'm waiting to get a digital ph meter to back up the analog reading . I've read around and found out I can lower or raise my ph level with egg shells or coffee grounds ? I also have some ph up and down coming in the mail arriving January 6th. Although I think I have a ph problem , the plant seems to be fine except for a few curling up fan leaves which could be a ph problem ? (Not sure) . I plan on implementing some training techniques in the next couple of days because I don't want to wait to late but I want to get the ph problem fixed first . Would anybody suggest fimming or strictly lst ?Would you guys also be able to tell me if my plant looks efficient for almost 4 weeks of growth ? I appreciate any answer or help ...

Ps I know I write a lot and I am very choppy I apologize
420-magazine-mobile1754163559.jpg
420-magazine-mobile589559008.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1808492425.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1524020905.jpg

Hey other then that little bit of yellow they look good to me. With ffof i usually started giving them nutes around week 3, nutes in soil only last so long unless your using a super soil.

For ph fix you could do a flush of phed half strength nute water 3x the amount of your pot size. I prob wouldnt worry about it at this stage though, as long as your putting in water with the correct ph. Just make sure to do the above flush before you switch to flower.

Not sure if you got calmag yet but that is definitely needed. You can use a foliar spray of weak nute solution for a quick fix as well, just spray right before light out so leaves dont get burned.

For training you could do either or both its all personal preference. Lst is more forgiving but doing both with prob yield best results. I write a lot too lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi KelpDreads, I don't think it's a nute problem or a ph issue. I think the real problem your plant has is with root development. I have a Ganesh Spirit in my tent that has been the runt from the beginning. I had to put it back under a humidity dome for a week and I'm now I'm giving it some root tonic to help with the issue. I just don't have the heart to toss it yet but I did take a picture of this plant compared to the others in the back around. All are the same age around 30+days

420-magazine-mobile470840412.jpg

Okay thanks I appreciate it ! And yes I also have the cal mag . A lot of people stated you shouldn't use until you notice a deficiency related to it. I have the go box so I just followed the schedule and tweaked the amount I actually use . In terms of my yield , obviously I want as much as I can get , however , this is more of a test grow for me. I'll explain , Im only growing one plant , my first grow was with miracle grow , and now I've upgraded in many ways . I don't really want to stretch the veg stage that long . I want to done vegging in about a month in a half but not too soon realistically . If I fim do you think the option to stretch the veg stage longer is an obvious one ? And the foliar spray ; how weak we talking ? Thanks for your reply .

And sinful , I would hope not . how much do you think growth is stunted under those circumstances and is it a matter of "catching up" ?

Back
Top Bottom