24/0 swap to 18/6 lighting cycle in Veg benefits?

425jesse

LED for lighting
Basic Garden soil
4x4 tent
75 degrees 50% humidity

I am running 24/0 now, and things seem to be just fine. As I am reading around I see people use all kinds of different timing schemes, other than power cost, what would be the reasons for going to 18/6 from 24/0? Thank you all for your help and support. Here is the garden currently, just gotten started.

420-magazine-mobile1164332870.jpg

Cheers!

Sent from inside the tent.

I haven't read any scientific data but growers that have grown for many years have switched from 24hr to 18/6 and now see better root growth.

You will get experienced growers that tell you the opposite.

I have no heat issues so I run 24hrs first 2 weeks.

18/6 too flower which is 12/12.

Nothing fancy but this is my first indoor grow.

LED for lighting
Basic Garden soil
4x4 tent
75 degrees 50% humidity

I am running 24/0 now, and things seem to be just fine. As I am reading around I see people use all kinds of different timing schemes, other than power cost, what would be the reasons for going to 18/6 from 24/0? Thank you all for your help and support. Here is the garden currently, just gotten started.

420-magazine-mobile1164332870.jpg

Cheers!

Sent from inside the tent.
I've read that trichomes are developing better during night and therefore it is always essential during flowering to at least keep some hours of darkness. Veg should be fine for at least 20 days but studies has not shown any differences between 20-4 and 24-0 when it comes to veg development phase so I personally went for 20-4 thus letting my plants and my pocket rest a bit. :))

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom